Hudson 400th - WA and Máxima's Official Visit to New York: September 8-13, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Lucien for posting the link to the short interview that Maxima gave about her New York days. I always enjoy reading about her previous life.

I would understad if Maxima met with Michelle but what discussion with WA and Michelle go on about? It would make sense to me if WA meet with Obama

Dazz....

Based on these pictures it looks like everyone was there...the President and First Lady as well as the Crown Prince and Crown Princess. Too bad we don't have more pictures!

Michelle is very well accapable to have a serious discussion with the Crown Prince. Obama came in a bit later.

Dazz....

Based on these pictures it looks like everyone was there...the President and First Lady as well as the Crown Prince and Crown Princess. Too bad we don't have more pictures!

The pictures with Obama in, arent really clear. The seating is weird by having a person between Obama and Michelle where the hosts have to in between.
Thanks Zonk :flowers:

I would understad if Maxima met with Michelle but what discussion with WA and Michelle go on about? It would make sense to me if WA meet with Obama
Considering Michelle has the best and highest education of either of them I am sure she will be able to converse with both of them - perhaps even at the same time.

Still they have meet the Obama's, he take's the time for them!! good.

The pictures with Obama in, arent really clear. The seating is weird by having a person between Obama and Michelle where the hosts have to in between.
Thanks Zonk :flowers:

"That Person" is the Chief of Staff of the White House,Susan Sher.With her around it is all less and less formal,allthough one might differ on that...,as the President only "accidently" sort of popped-in and joint Michelle and "her" guests by shere "coincidence".

It was all arranged this way as to prevent anyone else,Royal or not,from insisting on being received by the President while not on a State Visit but at a official visit to a particular area or city within the US.An ordinary "hello how are you and would you like some ginger-ale" and ofcourse a "Well what a surprise to find you here...:whistling::lol:...."

The girls,and Alexander,have plenty to talk about as the pic clearly shows as all three gesticulate with hand and foot as well...:D

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Lex van Lieshout

Clearer pics on the previous page in the last PPE link there.

Today will find TRH first at a roundtable meeting for breakfast with americans and dutch who have swapped their jobs for a week.

The they will open a Historical exhibition at the South Street Seaport Museum.

Visit to Governors Island and visit to to the houses of the Pioneers of Change at the island followed by a reception at the Admiral's House
for the Dutch community of NYC as well as all those,americans and Dutch,who helped to make NY400 work.

A Gala Dinner & Ball at Hr Ms "Tromp".
Before the Dinner and Ball,there will be a minute of silence observed in remembrance of the two dutch military that got killed in Afghanistan this past week while on a `building that country up mission.`Building up`.We just commemorated what happened 8 years ago instigated by someone who happily laughs ever after still in that region and should not.

So far they have been some quite intensive days,and I think they both pull a great job,wouldn't you agree?:flowers:

Have a nice weekend all.:)
And for the New Yorkers,get your butts in gear on one of those free rental Orange bycicles this weekend an do the dutch food tour,
it's all here:

NY400 | Holland on the Hudson | Netherlands & New York Celebrate 400 Year Dutch American Relationship

Have a ball!

Last edited:
TRH have really been on a busy schedual this week. Maxima just wowed last night at the Awards reception. That dress gets my fave of the week (so far)!!

I would like to hear more about the breakfast meeting where the Dutch and Americans discuss their experiences in trading jobs for a week (by the way, if any of the Dutch members would like to trade jobs with this American for a week, I would happily comply :D).

Considering Michelle has the best and highest education of either of them I am sure she will be able to converse with both of them - perhaps even at the same time.

that's rather arguable. both HRHs speak several languages and have degrees as high as michelle obama.

i'm glad to see pictures of this visit. i'm sure it must be interesting for maxima to come back to NY where she lived for several years. i wonder if she met with any friends. the schedule was definitely interesting and packed with good activities. i just wished she would refrain from using certain hairstyles that really don't favour her. her yellow dress and her pink-fucsia one at the astoria hotel were lovely though. it's also nice they found time to go to WA's cousin's wedding.

That Person" is the Chief of Staff of the White House,Susan Sher.

Just for accuracy's sake, the WH COS is Rahm Emanuel. Ms Sher is The First Lady's COS solely.

It would be a very interesting meeting if Mr. Emanuel was there. Now, I'd love to be a fly on wall for that conversation. :lol:

now, so they flew from new york to the washington to see the president? wow, what a day going forward and backworad???busy schedule!

Just for accuracy's sake, the WH COS is Rahm Emanuel. Ms Sher is The First Lady's COS solely.

It would be a very interesting meeting if Mr. Emanuel was there. Now, I'd love to be a fly on wall for that conversation. :lol:

Oh yes ofcourse,pretty Rahm,I forgot all about him.Thank you Maximarocks!:)

Máxima would have him all wrapped up around her little finger me thinks...:lol:

Last edited:
Wow this are beautiful pictures of the evening, they open the ball !! great
nice couple !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom