Hudson 400th - WA and Máxima's Official Visit to New York: September 8-13, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm happy to see the 400th Anniversary of the founding of Neau Amsterdam/New York attended by the Dutch Royal Family, I'd rather it not be WA & Maxima. The whole lawsuit against the Associated Press has left a bad taste in my mouth for them.....

The family members aren't there for the 400th anniversary to begin with. And if you have a problem with European law being much more strict - thank god - with paparazzi photographers & the people making money of it than the US law, then don't vent your anger towards the royal but towards the courts of law.

I just want to see a lot of pics from this visit!!! :D

You will but they're still in bed.....:whistling:

All dutch royalty reporters are in NYC,as are all Dutch photo-agencies,who qualify as the best anyway.
Think PPE,Royalimages,patrick's photo site.I mean really,who needs AP?Exactly,we are the best in that field anyway,no pun Belga....
And we will deliver.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Maxima looks great! As does Hillary in her suit. Nice pearls. Nice suit on Willem as well. Not just trying to focus on the ladies.

Thanks Lucien for the articles explaining the Dutch influence on New York. Its so easy to forget that at one time, New York was a Dutch colony. Every time I travel on the Van Wyck Expressway to visit my grandmother in Queens, I am taking a little Dutch trip.

Speech by HRH The Prince of Orange at welcome USS Intrepid:

Het Koninklijk Huis

Next stop West Point Military Academy

Last edited:
thank yo for the photos, i like her suit! and i would love to see a close up of her fascinator? what ever she has on her hair?

Thank you for all the nice pictures of the start of NewYork 400 years. Maxima looks very relexed and Willem-Alexander also with his speech!! Looking out for more!!!

omg they're coming to Albany today! I live in the area, I'll have to get down there. Ok 3 hours till they're at City Hall so I'll try to get down there and get pics.

thank you so muh for the pics! wonderful! she looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Maxima looks stunning today. I wish she would wear her hair in this style all the time :flowers:

The pictures have been wonderful. Thank you everyone. The couple seemed to be really enjoying themselves. :flowers:

This is really a great picture of WA giving a speech. The view down below is kind of moving.
Maxima looks quite neat, love the hair and hair piece.
Thanks for all the pictures.

Thanks for the video! They both look so nice and really enjoying the moment. I just love Máxima's hair style...

I believe this will be a great Visit :flowers:

Oh I'm so dissapointed I didn't make it down. My appointments ran late and traffic was awful so I just headed home. But I just saw them on the news and they looked wonderful and they showed a clip of WA speaking in English. The news said they made a $280,000 donation to the museum. They were given a key to the city. And also a real treat, they showed amateur video of when Beatrix visited in 1959 and she was seen going down the street in a convertible with the then mayor and governor waving to the crowds. They said that the Empire Plaza was built after her visit b/c they were so embarassed that the city didn't look nicer for her. It was interesting!

Paty, thank you for the videos! I love the way that Maxima was looking so admiringly at her husband as he gave the interview in the first video. I also thought that she was very charming in that interview, and I loved the way that she encouraged New Yorkers to get out and learn more about the local history.

It is not just on the US and Dutch tv stations,but also the BBC and German tv ZDF,
they ran the NY400 story and the Royal Visit in the morning news.
Great coverage.

Haven't made up your mind yet to go stay at the Big Apple this week-(end)?

Get in gear,and visit New Amsterdam Village,do the New Amsterdam restaurant week tour,
or rent an orange bike for free and tour Manna-hatta.

http://NY400.org/

May I suggeest you visit this?You will love it for the relaxed and friendly atmosphere,to wine and dine,dance and enjoy:
The Boulevard of Broken Dreams

http://www.ny400.org/blog/2009/08/ny400-events-boulevard-of-broken-dreams/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom