Holiday Residence in Mozambique for the Prince of Orange and Family: 2008-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday, the leader of the social liberals (D66), Alexander Pechtold, was a guest in the political discussion programme Buitenhof. He made an appeal to the prince to stop his involvement in this project, as there is only more trouble to be expected. He also said that the prime minister should act and force the prince to stop.

Last friday newspaper NRC Handelsblad had another article about the project, this time asking questions about the chairman of the foundation that the prime minister started for the project, and trying to link the project to the evasion of taxes. A MP for the green left party labelled the project as a wasp nest, which IMHO is the right description.

It is highly questionable or a Second Chamber of our parliament,or politics on itself at all,should be interfearing with this too much,as also hja of Royalblog states in an entry,a project in a befriended nation.I think not as they have better things to do I am sure.But it is always easy to score over the back of an Orange.And damn cheap.As for the leftists?These cry-babies never had nor will have any saying in anything for a long time to come nor had for a long time,and the times they did,made a mess out of short-lived governments.So much for the leftists and their importance.None.Let alone as a solid block against the ultra right populist junk hairdo and his followers.If they want/wish to mean something,then they should organise there instead of blabbering on a penny elsewhere,as that is what it is.

Remains the fact that I myself oppose this whole caboodle down there,it
is smelly now but a big stink later,too much uncanny and figures not kosher,halal or anything near it involved.

I think that,not yet now,but in the forseeable future,TRH will sell their part in the property there and so bail out of the scam.

Last edited:
According to yesterday's RTL news, sources around the court say that the Queen had doubts about the Mozambique project from the start. They also say that the prince wanted to go ahead, and he is supposed to have said: 'I am already not allowed to do anything, this I will just do'.

In Dutch: RTL Nieuws.nl - Beatrix zag 'Mozambique' nooit zitten

According to yesterday's RTL news, sources around the court say that the Queen had doubts about the Mozambique project from the start. They also say that the prince wanted to go ahead, and he is supposed to have said: 'I am already not allowed to do anything, this I will just do'.

In Dutch: RTL Nieuws.nl - Beatrix zag 'Mozambique' nooit zitten

A wild claim,not funded nor justified in any which way.Bullocks.

I learned that Mozambique is quite happy with the Machangulo project as it lifts the living standards of the locals
tremendously said their government minister for tourism and the project is really taken off to what it was intended to be.

RTL can claim whatever they like,news,real or fiction,is juicyer when an Orange is involved y nada mas.

During the press conference in Mexico the queen implied that she approves the villa in Mozambique, as she said that she wanted her son to have a quiet and private place for his holidays, like she has in Tavarnelle. The queen also said that the press should be more correct in their reports.

The prince of Orange told the media that he had sleepless nights about the criticism on the Mozambique project.

It was just announced that the Prince and Princess will sell the villa as soon as it is finished.
They wrote a letter to that effect to the PM.

Last edited:
nrc.nl - Binnenland - Prins en prinses verkopen villa in Mozambique

In zijn brief refereert de prins ook aan de economische crisis. „De voortgaande discussie kost een hoeveelheid tijd en energie die juist in deze tijden van crises aan andere zaken moet worden besteed. Dat geldt ook voor ons eigen werk voor en in Nederland.”

excellent letter, I like the fact that he acknowledges that too much time and energy is being spent by the government on this issue while there are more important things to deal with. This case was beginning to look like de Roy van Zuydewijn with Marguerita taking up time of the government. It was irritating.
Also the news that there would be a "no kickback guarantee", there are still kickbacks in Europe, how could anyone guarantee it would not happen in Africa.

"kick backs in europe and kick backs in africa".You miss the point of the "kickbacks".If the heaven plunges down we're all painted blue.

The word to be used is backfire,as in what the Prince states;" any negative publicity concerning Machangulo will be enlarged
to the max and thus the whole project will suffer from the negative publicity each time and again,it will backfire".

As the couple already stated at the end of the State Visit to Mexico;"the constant critisism on the project and the incidents cause sleepless nights"."" With each and every incident concerning the house,it backfires on the entire project" and the Prince and Princess no longer wish to deal with the negativity,they can't and they won't.It is not worth it as it takes up too much time and energy.

Besides the house the couple has more buildingrights on the premises of the project.
Alexander states that the initial goal by the couple,to improve standards for the locals,
will remain to have their attention and involvement even after the sale.As Alexander stated:
"Our participation in the project had grown expectations by the locals,and we would like to live up to that".

I for one have no problem at all with building a house/holiday home in a so-called and largely hyped-up crisis,
but to have it build there,in corruption infested Mozambique,never had my sympathy.

Parliament considers the decision by the Prince and Princess as wise.

Last edited:
If it doesn't belong the the Prince...how could he be speaking about selling it? :ermm:

Vanesa.

Indeed, the villa does not belong to the prince. A week ago or some websites and newspapers claimed this was the villa of the prince. Just wishful thinking, they saw that a villa was for sale and decided that it had to be the villa of the prince. However they did not check their facts, and other media just took over the story without checking the sources too.

Funny enough, 'Weekend' , a gossip magazine, already had these pictures 4 weeks ago, and they actually said that it was NOT the villa of the couple, but a simular one. Rather ironic that a gossip magazine is more accurate than a respectable newspaper like the 'Volkskrant'.

Note that the real estate agent also denied that the villa is property of WA and Maxima.

Thanks, Marengo...That's really funny...and sad at the same time. This is the way in which the medias uses to work! And after these kind of things, newspapers and magazines wants us to believe what they wants to state as the truth...Oh, well. :sad:

Vanesa.

Indeed, the villa does not belong to the prince. A week ago or some websites and newspapers claimed this was the villa of the prince. Just wishful thinking, they saw that a villa was for sale and decided that it had to be the villa of the prince. However they did not check their facts, and other media just took over the story without checking the sources too.

Funny enough, 'Weekend' , a gossip magazine, already had these pictures 4 weeks ago, and they actually said that it was NOT the villa of the couple, but a simular one. Rather ironic that a gossip magazine is more accurate than a respectable newspaper like the 'Volkskrant'.

Note that the real estate agent also denied that the villa is property of WA and Maxima.

Oh well, yet more responsible and accurate reporting by the media!

Gossip magazine 'Privé' reported this week that the family is using the villa in Mozambique on a regular basis. According to editor Evert Santegoeds the couple was there a few days before the trip to Vietnam.
Other magazines (like Marc van der Lindens 'Weekend') say that Privé is talking nonsense, as does the RVD.

The couple has only been in the villa in July 2010. The prime minister will announce it when the villa has been sold. For now it seems that they did not find a buyer and they might be renting the property (as is suggested in 'Privé').

Alexander en Máxima niet naar Mozambique - Royalty Online - Royalty - het grootste blad over royals

And the news value is?Maybe this sort of stuff has a hayday on certain boards,not here I think.It is none news.

A couple of days before Vietnam hey??The galbak.A couple of days before Vietnam the Prince was in Capetown for the World Water Days and returned straight to NL afterwards,the Princess was in New York City in her capacity of UN SG Special Advocate on Inclusive Finance and she too returned straight to NL afterwards.Both received the German Presidential couple,opened the Keukenhof and what not,and then left straight for "Nam.....No-one of the family has ever been near that damned house since last summer.But no,Santegoeds makes his own itinerary....time someone "takes him by the arm" and explain to him there will be a
totally different sort of itinerary if he doesn't stop the nonsense he invents and then vents...:angry:.....:innocent:

Royalty On-line indeed,seriously,for anyone seriously interested in Royalty there are two no-no's.First,you don't read that crap online rag,second,you don't watch that EO bull Blauw Bloed and that sickening Jeroen Snel and his so-called "experts" .

Last edited:
3 weeks after the gossip magazine claimed that the villa was not sold yet (and the RVD reacted), the national newspapers are waking up... Saturday the NRC Handelsblad reported that the house has not been sold yet. The prince has offered the house for sale though, in an email to the other investors of project Manchangulo.

Why is this news? Nobody knows, but as usual the D66 leader ALexander Pechtold had something to say about it: he is disappointed. Sigh.

Villa Alexander en Máxima in Mozambique nog niet verkocht :: nrc.nl

And the SP (former Mao-ist party also has something to say about it. Always funny how our parlamentarians are reacting to basically any newspaper article before varifying any facts these days.

A quick reaction from the RVD: the villa will be puit up for sale this summer. It hasn't been done yet for pracitcal reasons. The prince and princess didn't stay in the house since the visit after the world cup in SA, last year.

A quick reaction from the RVD: the villa will be puit up for sale this summer. It hasn't been done yet for pracitcal reasons. The prince and princess didn't stay in the house since the visit after the world cup in SA, last year.

One:The villa wasn't finished yet and that won't sell,regardless who are the owners.And the price is a tad above average plus one has to be able to travel there several times a year,and apparently and funny enough not everyone is able to pull that....:p

Second:the housing market isn't that florishing globally at present as we all can see hear day by day with pricess dropping.

Three:Everyone in the street knows the above except some funny coloured political kids in The Hague,and some mods on "Boards" who think themselves smarter then any since their political flavour suits this sort of non-news perfectly bashingwise regarding our CP couple.

Four:As if there is nothing else to write about,ofcourse there isn't,dull world......:whistling:

Five:I'd love to track down Alexander P,for some reason I know he has something to hide too,now,should I call a rag...or sit it out over an egg or two over Easter....dilemma dilemma...Oh...d'66...how boring,dusty and ready for the garbage bin....;)

Apart from that,have an egg,and have fun:happyeaster:

The villa in Mozambique has finally been sold according to a written statement by the PM to Parliament today,monday january 17th.

ANP Photo

courtesy ANP

Apparently they sold the villa for a 'symbolic gesture', as the press claims. They will only get some money back (they invested 2 million euros) when the company is able to sell the villa to a 3rd party.

Apparently they sold the villa for a 'symbolic gesture', as the press claims. They will only get some money back (they invested 2 million euros) when the company is able to sell the villa to a 3rd party.

True.They thought it took so long,they are willing to take their loss and
"gave it away" for a symbolic amount.

I guess this 'giving away' will feed more abdication rumours ;). Still, good that the matter has finally been solved, esp. since the company that it was sold to is now supposed to be independant (as it was previously registered at Noordeinde Palace).

I guess this 'giving away' will feed more abdication rumours ;). Still, good that the matter has finally been solved, esp. since the company that it was sold to is now supposed to be independant (as it was previously registered at Noordeinde Palace).

Yes,it will have to be sold again to be completely off the radar.But I can imagine they wanted to just get rid of the bloody place,
too much of a nuisance and too much of a bloody mingling in by poldermodelletjes...:whistling:.....No,I don't see how that what feed anyone,least of all a rumour,let alone on that subject...:D...That's the least.:)

According to nu.nl/ Privé there is an advertisement for the sale of the house in Mozambique in an exclusive magazine (no idea which one). The selling price has gone up to 4 million euros (while it first was 1,5 million). The magazine also has some photos. Also offered for sale is the 30;000 acres of land next to it.

According to the website 'bekendeburen' the villa that was bought and sold by the King is now for rent for vacations.

https://www.themonarchvilla.com/

According to the website they changed its name:

Villa Ukuthula has undergone a transformation; from the foundation to the décor, and even our name. On 1st May 2021, we officially changed our name to The Monarch.

Befitting of the royal history of our Villa – and brought to life by imagery of the noble Monarch butterfly – all of our websites and social media pages can now be found under this new, regal name.

They clearly want to bank in on the villa's royal past...

Back
Top Bottom