Godparents for Princess Ariane

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today a Dutch journalist said that he called the Spanish court and they confirmed that the Princess of Asturias has an official engagement in The Netherlands saturday.

Letizia for godmother I guess!

Maybe she is just invited to the baptism, like Victoria or Mette-Marit and Haakon for Isabellas christening?!?
I dont't want to be unpolite, because I never met Letzia.....,but they would NEVER choose Letzia

Please imagine you are plain Maxima and Alexander, no princes etc., and you have to choose godparentd for your daughters

For the first daughter you choose a good collegue of you husband (Victoria) and and family members
For the second daughter you choose a very good friend (Mathilde) who helped you a lot as you moved in your country

Whom would you choose for your beloved third child? A very nice woman, with children of her own, a really caring mohter, with a longlasting friendship, you were at holiday together...
or the wive of your husbands collegue, she has the "wrong" confession, you know her not so well, (and now it's better for me to stop, because I would stay with this forum ;), and I know this peson not in person)

Edit:
I like Letzia, but I think Mette-Marit would be the better choice :)

Last edited:
I think there's a good chance that Mette Marit will be chosen as a godparent since Maxima is a godmother to Sverre Magnus. I also think that Ines Zorreguieta will be a godmother. Other than that ... I don't know?:wub:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Mette-Marit as a godmother, since they do seem to be friendly. But, then again, Letizia wouldn't be a total shock, and it would be nice if they used her, since Mette-Marit practically has a waiting list for being a godmother, and I don't think Letizia has any royal godchildren.

a waiting list for mette-marit? i doubt so! she was only godmother to marie chantal's baby and to prince christian so far (royal ones at least). besides, maxima and mette-marit seem much closer than maxima and letizia. mette-marit also chose maxima as godmother to sverre, so i find it just natural if maxima wanted to thank her by making her godmother of ariane as well. letizia is also catholic, so not sure if they will want a catholic as godparent.

ines is also quite a safe guess as catharina-amalia's and alexia's last names happened to also be their godmothers (victoria, laurentien).

letizia is also catholic, so not sure if they will want a catholic as godparent.

ines is also quite a safe guess as catharina-amalia's and alexia's last names happened to also be their godmothers (victoria, laurentien).

Máxima self is still catholic. And princess Mathilde is godmother to Princess Alexia. Laurentien is not godmother to Princess Alexia. Also the members of Máxima's Family who are chosen as godparents are catholic.

Máxima self is still catholic. And princess Mathilde is godmother to Princess Alexia. Laurentien is not godmother to Princess Alexia. Also the members of Máxima's Family who are chosen as godparents are catholic.

you are quite right. i forgot about mathilde and about maxima's family and somehow had the impression alexia was godmothered by laurentien, but i'm wrong. was it amalia, then, who got both victoria and laurentien as godmothers?

you are quite right. i forgot about mathilde and about maxima's family and somehow had the impression alexia was godmothered by laurentien, but i'm wrong. was it amalia, then, who got both victoria and laurentien as godmothers?

No Laurentien is not godmother to one of the royal children. She is godmother to Leah Isadorah Behn. Victoria is to Amalia. There was alot of speculation that Laurentien would become godmother to Alexia because of the name but she didn't.

If Letizia indeed will attend (with Felipe?) I think it is safe to assume she or her husband will be godparent. The Dutch CP and his wife didn´t invite foreign royals for the baptism of Alexia (just the royal godparent) and for Amalia, who is the heir, they invited the royal godmother and to mark the event also royals from Luxembourg and Belgium, probably in the honour of the Benelux ties of the nations.

and Godfather for Ariane is

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg !

Last edited by a moderator:
In my personal opinion…
Taking into account Princess Letizia as one of the Godmothers of Princess Ariane, would be a very kind gesture from Prince W-A & Princess Máxima.
Since – nowadays – Princess of Asturias is being strongly criticised from the media of Spain for … no reasons; choose her as Godmother would be the sort of attitudes of kindness that Prince W-A & Princess Máxima are used to carry on.
Nevertheless, and once again IMO, Princess Laurentien should be included as Godmother as well. No doubt Princess Laurentien deserves this honour… and more than, indeed.

In my personal opinion…
Taking into account Princess Letizia as one of the Godmothers of Princess Ariane, would be a very kind gesture from Prince W-A & Princess Máxima.
Since – nowadays – Princess of Asturias is being strongly criticised from the media of Spain for … no reasons; choose her as Godmother would be the sort of attitudes of kindness that Prince W-A & Princess Máxima are used to carry on.
Nevertheless, and once again IMO, Princess Laurentien should be included as Godmother as well. No doubt Princess Laurentien deserves this honour… and more than, indeed.

Letizia was strong criticized by the media of Spain ? By whom ? Jaime Penafiel ? LOL :lol::lol:
It's also possible Felipe will be one of the godparents instead of Letizia.

Letizia was strong criticized by the media of Spain ? By whom ? Jaime Penafiel ? LOL :lol::lol: .

:ROFLMAO::lol::ROFLMAO::D

I would like Princess Letizia as godmother:flowers:, why not?, but I don't think she will be the godmother

Letizia was strong criticized by the media of Spain ? By whom ? Jaime Penafiel ? LOL :lol::lol:
It's also possible Felipe will be one of the godparents instead of Letizia.

Yeep...... by Penafiel :bang: :bang: and "that" kind of TV programmes... which - unfortunately - thousands of people listen to/watch dayly.
Because of that, I will be very pleased if Princess of Asturias become Godmother of "pettit" Princess Ariane.
So, we could say Penafiel & his adlaters: "Have you seen how wrong are all you?". Excuse me... hope not to be a nuisance.

Last edited:
Yeep...... by Penafiel :bang: :bang: and "that" kind of TV programmes... which - unfortunately - thousands of people listen to/watch dayly.
Because of that, I will be very pleased if Princess of Asturias become Godmother of "pettit" Princess Ariane.
So, we could say Penafiel & his adlaters: "Have you seen how wrong are all you?". Excuse me... wish not to be a nuisance.

I doubt Penafiel cares if Letizia is godmother of Ariane or not. The other day he just said something like 'Queen Sofia is the Queen of Spain, but she will never be my Queen' in his program. People know that he hates the fact that Queen Sofia didn't give him the personal touch when his daughter was in drug, finally he found the opportunity to revenge on the SRF after Letizia appeared.

Last edited:
With that sorted out I think it best to stop the Letizia/Penafiel discussion here and take it to the Spanish forum.

I doubt Penafiel cares if Letizia is godmother of Ariane or not. The other day he just said 'Queen Sofia is the Queen of Spain, but she will never be my Queen' in his program. People know that he hates the fact that Queen Sofia didn't give him the personal touch when his daughter was in drug, finally he found the opportunity to revenge on the SRF after Letizia appeared.

Hy Donna,
Moderator is wright... see you "there".
Regards,

Let's not look for absurd excuses :bang:.
The Princes of Holland will choose as godparents of their daughter whom they consider to be good persons to be. Laurentien, Mette Marit, Felipe or Letizia ... they will choose a person whom they estimate and whom they believe it can be a good influence and support for the girl.

i'm impressed they didn't release the godparents yet, it's only 3 days til the ceremony! i hope the royal household has some compasion on us and tell us soon.. :)

i'm impressed they didn't release the godparents yet, it's only 3 days til the ceremony! i hope the royal household has some compasion on us and tell us soon.. :)

No,not untill the very day,safety issues.:)

Let's not look for absurd excuses :bang:.
The Princes of Holland will choose as godparents of their daughter whom they consider to be good persons to be. Laurentien, Mette Marit, Felipe or Letizia ... they will choose a person whom they estimate and whom they believe it can be a good influence and support for the girl.

That's so true. WA & Maxima will know best and take a well reflected decision, based on what is best for Ariane. Besides, I expect it to be very familiar and not a high profile royal event.

Guillaume will be godfather

Hi everyone! Please stop guessing my friends. HRH Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg will be godfather for Ariane. Private sources.

Hi everyone! Please stop guessing my friends. HRH Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg will be godfather for Ariane. Private sources.

Have these private sources not told you who the godmother will be then?

Apologies if I have missed the info but how many godparents will we see? Do we know? Just one godfather and one godmother or more?

If your private sources are right, that would be a nice Benelux touch to the event! :flowers:

guillaume is always a good option! he is from the benelux, and he also godfathered mathilde and philippe's third child, and he will moreover be the heir. really good option, in my opinion, and besides, the benelux royals seem to have quite a close relationship (although i would have loved the grand duchess, maria teresa, to be the godmother!)

In Spain we dont hear nothing about Princess Letizia as godmother of Princess Ariane, may be in the next days we will know it!

I wonder if anyone from the Danish Royal Family have been invited ? CP Frederick was a no-show for WA big Birthday Party

Well, in three days we will know everything, guests, godparents:flowers:

Well if Letizia will indeed show up in the Netherlands on saturday, what other purpose than being a godmother to the new baby should she have?
Anyway, I have already said that I consider her a fabulous choice. The ties to Maximas heritage are simply there: catholic faith and spanish language and Letizia as the future queen of Spain is a perfect fit for a royal baby...

I really don't know if is true that Letizia will go to Netherlands, because the Spanish press hasn't said anything and the Royal House either, but certainly would be a fabulous choice Letizia as godmother:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom