The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Aristocracy

No name for godparents?

Old 10-16-2007, 02:04 PM
Majesty

HRH Princess Letizia....most probably..is one of the godparents.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
HRH Princess Letizia....most probably..is one of the godparents.

I think it's more likely that it will be CP Mette-Marit, they are very good friends, and Maxima is Godmother to Sverre.
And in IMO MM will be a better Godmother than Letizia
Old 10-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Courtier

I'm also predicting Mette-Marit !
Old 10-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
I think it's more likely that it will be CP Mette-Marit, they are very good friends, and Maxima is Godmother to Sverre.
And in IMO MM will be a better Godmother than Letizia
That is a bit silly to say don't you think?You know neither one of the Ladies.

Unless I was fooled,the chance it is Letizia is far greater.Oh well,whomever,they are all really really good friends.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
That is a bit silly to say don't you think?You know neither one of the Ladies.

Unless I was fooled,the chance it is Letizia is far greater.Oh well,whomever,they are all really really good friends.
Hmmm... we'll see what will happen on Saturday, but believe me, it'll not be Letzia, never be Letizia
My gut feeling is telling me "Mette-Marit", and that is normaly in 99% right.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Aristocracy

OMG never Letizia.

It will be Mette-Marit or Cristina would be a great choice...but i don´t think the would chose her. Too bad.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Commoner

Today a Dutch journalist said that he called the Spanish court and they confirmed that the Princess of Asturias has an official engagement in The Netherlands saturday.

Letizia for godmother I guess!
Old 10-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siepie View Post
Today a Dutch journalist said that he called the Spanish court and they confirmed that the Princess of Asturias has an official engagement in The Netherlands saturday.

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 10-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Royal Highness

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Mette-Marit as a godmother, since they do seem to be friendly. But, then again, Letizia wouldn't be a total shock, and it would be nice if they used her, since Mette-Marit practically has a waiting list for being a godmother, and I don't think Letizia has any royal godchildren.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siepie View Post

Maybe she is just invited to the baptism, like Victoria or Mette-Marit and Haakon for Isabellas christening?!?
I dont't want to be unpolite, because I never met Letzia.....,but they would NEVER choose Letzia

Please imagine you are plain Maxima and Alexander, no princes etc., and you have to choose godparentd for your daughters

For the first daughter you choose a good collegue of you husband (Victoria) and and family members
For the second daughter you choose a very good friend (Mathilde) who helped you a lot as you moved in your country

Whom would you choose for your beloved third child? A very nice woman, with children of her own, a really caring mohter, with a longlasting friendship, you were at holiday together...
or the wive of your husbands collegue, she has the "wrong" confession, you know her not so well, (and now it's better for me to stop, because I would stay with this forum , and I know this peson not in person)

Edit:
I like Letzia, but I think Mette-Marit would be the better choice :-)
Old 10-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Serene Highness

I think there's a good chance that Mette Marit will be chosen as a godparent since Maxima is a godmother to Sverre Magnus. I also think that Ines Zorreguieta will be a godmother. Other than that ... I don't know?
Old 10-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Mette-Marit as a godmother, since they do seem to be friendly. But, then again, Letizia wouldn't be a total shock, and it would be nice if they used her, since Mette-Marit practically has a waiting list for being a godmother, and I don't think Letizia has any royal godchildren.
a waiting list for mette-marit? i doubt so! she was only godmother to marie chantal's baby and to prince christian so far (royal ones at least). besides, maxima and mette-marit seem much closer than maxima and letizia. mette-marit also chose maxima as godmother to sverre, so i find it just natural if maxima wanted to thank her by making her godmother of ariane as well. letizia is also catholic, so not sure if they will want a catholic as godparent.

ines is also quite a safe guess as catharina-amalia's and alexia's last names happened to also be their godmothers (victoria, laurentien).
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
letizia is also catholic, so not sure if they will want a catholic as godparent.

ines is also quite a safe guess as catharina-amalia's and alexia's last names happened to also be their godmothers (victoria, laurentien).
Máxima self is still catholic. And princess Mathilde is godmother to Princess Alexia. Laurentien is not godmother to Princess Alexia. Also the members of Máxima's Family who are chosen as godparents are catholic.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Máxima self is still catholic. And princess Mathilde is godmother to Princess Alexia. Laurentien is not godmother to Princess Alexia. Also the members of Máxima's Family who are chosen as godparents are catholic.
you are quite right. i forgot about mathilde and about maxima's family and somehow had the impression alexia was godmothered by laurentien, but i'm wrong. was it amalia, then, who got both victoria and laurentien as godmothers?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
you are quite right. i forgot about mathilde and about maxima's family and somehow had the impression alexia was godmothered by laurentien, but i'm wrong. was it amalia, then, who got both victoria and laurentien as godmothers?
No Laurentien is not godmother to one of the royal children. She is godmother to Leah Isadorah Behn. Victoria is to Amalia. There was alot of speculation that Laurentien would become godmother to Alexia because of the name but she didn't.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

If Letizia indeed will attend (with Felipe?) I think it is safe to assume she or her husband will be godparent. The Dutch CP and his wife didn´t invite foreign royals for the baptism of Alexia (just the royal godparent) and for Amalia, who is the heir, they invited the royal godmother and to mark the event also royals from Luxembourg and Belgium, probably in the honour of the Benelux ties of the nations.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Commoner

and Godfather for Ariane is

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg !
Old 10-16-2007, 07:16 PM

In my personal opinion…
Taking into account Princess Letizia as one of the Godmothers of Princess Ariane, would be a very kind gesture from Prince W-A & Princess Máxima.
Since – nowadays – Princess of Asturias is being strongly criticised from the media of Spain for … no reasons; choose her as Godmother would be the sort of attitudes of kindness that Prince W-A & Princess Máxima are used to carry on.
Nevertheless, and once again IMO, Princess Laurentien should be included as Godmother as well. No doubt Princess Laurentien deserves this honour… and more than, indeed.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milenka View Post
In my personal opinion…
Taking into account Princess Letizia as one of the Godmothers of Princess Ariane, would be a very kind gesture from Prince W-A & Princess Máxima.
Since – nowadays – Princess of Asturias is being strongly criticised from the media of Spain for … no reasons; choose her as Godmother would be the sort of attitudes of kindness that Prince W-A & Princess Máxima are used to carry on.
Nevertheless, and once again IMO, Princess Laurentien should be included as Godmother as well. No doubt Princess Laurentien deserves this honour… and more than, indeed.
Letizia was strong criticized by the media of Spain ? By whom ? Jaime Penafiel ? LOL
It's also possible Felipe will be one of the godparents instead of Letizia.

Closed Thread