The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 10-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: TOULON, France
Posts: 139
No name for godparents?
__________________

  #142  
Old 10-16-2007, 02:04 PM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,556
HRH Princess Letizia....most probably..is one of the godparents.

__________________

  #143  
Old 10-16-2007, 02:21 PM
jinigirl's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bayreuth, Germany
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
HRH Princess Letizia....most probably..is one of the godparents.

I think it's more likely that it will be CP Mette-Marit, they are very good friends, and Maxima is Godmother to Sverre.
And in IMO MM will be a better Godmother than Letizia
  #144  
Old 10-16-2007, 02:24 PM
MissSaga's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 943
I'm also predicting Mette-Marit !
__________________
Why do all good things come to an end ?
  #145  
Old 10-16-2007, 02:30 PM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
I think it's more likely that it will be CP Mette-Marit, they are very good friends, and Maxima is Godmother to Sverre.
And in IMO MM will be a better Godmother than Letizia
That is a bit silly to say don't you think?You know neither one of the Ladies.

Unless I was fooled,the chance it is Letizia is far greater.Oh well,whomever,they are all really really good friends.
  #146  
Old 10-16-2007, 03:00 PM
jinigirl's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bayreuth, Germany
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
That is a bit silly to say don't you think?You know neither one of the Ladies.

Unless I was fooled,the chance it is Letizia is far greater.Oh well,whomever,they are all really really good friends.
Hmmm... we'll see what will happen on Saturday, but believe me, it'll not be Letzia, never be Letizia
My gut feeling is telling me "Mette-Marit", and that is normaly in 99% right.
  #147  
Old 10-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Tan's Avatar
Tan Tan is offline
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BW, Germany
Posts: 141
OMG never Letizia.

It will be Mette-Marit or Cristina would be a great choice...but i don´t think the would chose her. Too bad.
  #148  
Old 10-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Siepie's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 40
Today a Dutch journalist said that he called the Spanish court and they confirmed that the Princess of Asturias has an official engagement in The Netherlands saturday.

Letizia for godmother I guess!
  #149  
Old 10-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Tan's Avatar
Tan Tan is offline
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BW, Germany
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siepie View Post
Today a Dutch journalist said that he called the Spanish court and they confirmed that the Princess of Asturias has an official engagement in The Netherlands saturday.

Letizia for godmother I guess!
Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  #150  
Old 10-16-2007, 05:09 PM
acdc1's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: somewhere in, United States
Posts: 1,888
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Mette-Marit as a godmother, since they do seem to be friendly. But, then again, Letizia wouldn't be a total shock, and it would be nice if they used her, since Mette-Marit practically has a waiting list for being a godmother, and I don't think Letizia has any royal godchildren.
  #151  
Old 10-16-2007, 05:15 PM
jinigirl's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bayreuth, Germany
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siepie View Post
Today a Dutch journalist said that he called the Spanish court and they confirmed that the Princess of Asturias has an official engagement in The Netherlands saturday.

Letizia for godmother I guess!

Maybe she is just invited to the baptism, like Victoria or Mette-Marit and Haakon for Isabellas christening?!?
I dont't want to be unpolite, because I never met Letzia.....,but they would NEVER choose Letzia

Please imagine you are plain Maxima and Alexander, no princes etc., and you have to choose godparentd for your daughters

For the first daughter you choose a good collegue of you husband (Victoria) and and family members
For the second daughter you choose a very good friend (Mathilde) who helped you a lot as you moved in your country

Whom would you choose for your beloved third child? A very nice woman, with children of her own, a really caring mohter, with a longlasting friendship, you were at holiday together...
or the wive of your husbands collegue, she has the "wrong" confession, you know her not so well, (and now it's better for me to stop, because I would stay with this forum , and I know this peson not in person)

Edit:
I like Letzia, but I think Mette-Marit would be the better choice :-)
  #152  
Old 10-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,073
I think there's a good chance that Mette Marit will be chosen as a godparent since Maxima is a godmother to Sverre Magnus. I also think that Ines Zorreguieta will be a godmother. Other than that ... I don't know?
  #153  
Old 10-16-2007, 05:48 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Mette-Marit as a godmother, since they do seem to be friendly. But, then again, Letizia wouldn't be a total shock, and it would be nice if they used her, since Mette-Marit practically has a waiting list for being a godmother, and I don't think Letizia has any royal godchildren.
a waiting list for mette-marit? i doubt so! she was only godmother to marie chantal's baby and to prince christian so far (royal ones at least). besides, maxima and mette-marit seem much closer than maxima and letizia. mette-marit also chose maxima as godmother to sverre, so i find it just natural if maxima wanted to thank her by making her godmother of ariane as well. letizia is also catholic, so not sure if they will want a catholic as godparent.

ines is also quite a safe guess as catharina-amalia's and alexia's last names happened to also be their godmothers (victoria, laurentien).
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #154  
Old 10-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
letizia is also catholic, so not sure if they will want a catholic as godparent.

ines is also quite a safe guess as catharina-amalia's and alexia's last names happened to also be their godmothers (victoria, laurentien).
Máxima self is still catholic. And princess Mathilde is godmother to Princess Alexia. Laurentien is not godmother to Princess Alexia. Also the members of Máxima's Family who are chosen as godparents are catholic.
  #155  
Old 10-16-2007, 05:55 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Máxima self is still catholic. And princess Mathilde is godmother to Princess Alexia. Laurentien is not godmother to Princess Alexia. Also the members of Máxima's Family who are chosen as godparents are catholic.
you are quite right. i forgot about mathilde and about maxima's family and somehow had the impression alexia was godmothered by laurentien, but i'm wrong. was it amalia, then, who got both victoria and laurentien as godmothers?
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #156  
Old 10-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
you are quite right. i forgot about mathilde and about maxima's family and somehow had the impression alexia was godmothered by laurentien, but i'm wrong. was it amalia, then, who got both victoria and laurentien as godmothers?
No Laurentien is not godmother to one of the royal children. She is godmother to Leah Isadorah Behn. Victoria is to Amalia. There was alot of speculation that Laurentien would become godmother to Alexia because of the name but she didn't.
  #157  
Old 10-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 17,636
If Letizia indeed will attend (with Felipe?) I think it is safe to assume she or her husband will be godparent. The Dutch CP and his wife didn´t invite foreign royals for the baptism of Alexia (just the royal godparent) and for Amalia, who is the heir, they invited the royal godmother and to mark the event also royals from Luxembourg and Belgium, probably in the honour of the Benelux ties of the nations.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #158  
Old 10-16-2007, 06:12 PM
BAI BAI is offline
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 14
and Godfather for Ariane is

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg !
  #159  
Old 10-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Milenka's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Nevertheless, Christmas Island
Posts: 8
In my personal opinion…
Taking into account Princess Letizia as one of the Godmothers of Princess Ariane, would be a very kind gesture from Prince W-A & Princess Máxima.
Since – nowadays – Princess of Asturias is being strongly criticised from the media of Spain for … no reasons; choose her as Godmother would be the sort of attitudes of kindness that Prince W-A & Princess Máxima are used to carry on.
Nevertheless, and once again IMO, Princess Laurentien should be included as Godmother as well. No doubt Princess Laurentien deserves this honour… and more than, indeed.
  #160  
Old 10-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milenka View Post
In my personal opinion…
Taking into account Princess Letizia as one of the Godmothers of Princess Ariane, would be a very kind gesture from Prince W-A & Princess Máxima.
Since – nowadays – Princess of Asturias is being strongly criticised from the media of Spain for … no reasons; choose her as Godmother would be the sort of attitudes of kindness that Prince W-A & Princess Máxima are used to carry on.
Nevertheless, and once again IMO, Princess Laurentien should be included as Godmother as well. No doubt Princess Laurentien deserves this honour… and more than, indeed.
Letizia was strong criticized by the media of Spain ? By whom ? Jaime Penafiel ? LOL
It's also possible Felipe will be one of the godparents instead of Letizia.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Godparents royal_sophietje Royal Life and Lifestyle 226 11-26-2015 10:35 AM
The new babys godparents LaMinka Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 96 03-03-2006 01:52 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll fox news grahamm grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdulah ii king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles prince constantijn princess eugenie eveningwear princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania revolution royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:16 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises