Godparents for Princess Ariane

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that crown princess Mette-Marit will be a godmother certainly. Princess Letizia not, they certainly won't choose her

I'm 100% sure they'll choose Inés Zorreguieta

is known the date of the baptism?

ahtikavalentine said:
Why isn't Mabel exactly a possible godparent?

You can not choose 20 godparents. Princess Laurentien also is no godparent to Amalia or Alexia.

The Prince and Princess seems to use 1 x paternal family, 1x maternal family, 1x paternal friend, 1 x maternal friend and 1x foreign royal

Princess Catharina-Amalia:
1x paternal family: HRH Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands
1x maternal family: mr. Martín Zorreguieta Cerruti
1x paternal friend: mr. Mark ter Haar
1x maternal friend: the high- and wellborn lady Samantha van Welderen Baroness Rengers-Deane
1x foreign royal: HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
1x extra godparent (for the State): His Excellency mr. Herman-Diederik Tjeenk Willink, vice-president of the Council of State

Princess Alexia:
1x paternal family: HRH Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau
1x maternal family: mr. Juan Zorreguieta Cerruti
1x parental friend: the high- and wellborn Jonkheer Frans-Ferdinand de Beaufort
1x parental friend: the high- and wellborn lady Alexandra Jankovich de Jeszenice
1x foreign royal: HRH Princess Mathilde of Belgium, the Duchess of Brabant

My guess is for Princess Ariane is:
1x paternal family: HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands
1x maternal family: miss Inés Zorreguieta Cerruti
1x paternal friend: the high- and wellborn lord Tijo Baron Collot d'Escury
1x maternal friend: miss Florencia di Cocco
1x foreign royal: HRH Princess Märtha Louise of Norway

Last edited:
ahtikavalentine said:
Why are you so sure about it?? :ohmy:

Amalia -> Martín Zorreguieta Cerruti (Máxima's eldest sibling)
Alexia -> Juan Zorreguieta Cerruti (Máxima's middle sibling)
Ariane -> Inés Zorreguieta Cerruti (Máxima's youngest sibling)

Sounds logical.

Here my guesses:
paternal family: Princess Laurentien
maternal family: Inés Zorreguieta
paternal friend: lord Tijo Baron Collot d'Escury
maternal friend: Florencia di Cocco
foreign royal: HRH Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
foreign royal: Prince Frederik of Denmark or Filip of Belguim

Princess Maxima said:
Here my guesses:
paternal family: Princess Laurentien
maternal family: Inés Zorreguieta
paternal friend: lord Tijo Baron Collot d'Escury
maternal friend: Florencia di Cocco
foreign royal: HRH Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
foreign royal: Prince Frederik of Denmark or Filip of Belguim

2 foreign royals? For 'just' a 3rd child?
Seems unlogical because Amalia and Alexia only had 1 foreign royal.

:flowers:

Princess Laurentien or Princess Mabel or Princess Margriet are the candidates for paternal family. I think the Prince would like to honour his aunt Princess Margriet for her 40 years of dedicated service to the Royal House. And she and Pieter van Vollenhoven have been very important in the Prince's life.

In that case...I think I'm totally agree with you, Henri ^^...Everything sounds logical, except the foreign royal, I think is Princess Letizia's turn...

ahtikavalentine said:
In that case...I think I'm totally agree with you, Henri ^^...Everything sounds logical, except the foreign royal, I think is Princess Letizia's turn...

I don't think they'll pick Letizia--- I have no idea how close is the relationship between Máxima&Alexander and Letizia&Felipe,,, but they're much closer with Haakon and Mette-Marit IMO:flowers:

Paternal family- Princess Margriet or Prince Maurits. Possibly Maurits because he is younger

Maternal family- Ines Zorreguita

Foreign Royal- Mette-Marit. Possibly Martha-Louise but I didn't think they were that friendly.

No idea about family friends I am not really sure who their friends are to make an educated guess:flowers:

Princess Maxima said:
I don't think they'll pick Letizia--- I have no idea how close is the relationship between Máxima&Alexander and Letizia&Felipe,,, but they're much closer with Haakon and Mette-Marit IMO:flowers:

Well, I knew that at the beginning of the marriage between Letizia & Felipe, they both (letizia and Máxima) were really good friends, because they shared the lenguage and some other interests....I don't know how are things now.:)

crm2317 said:
Possibly Martha-Louise but I didn't think they were that friendly.

Princess Märtha Louise of Norway and Princess Haya of Jordan have even lived in the Netherlands and are privately befriended with the Oranges.

During her studies Princess Märtha Louise had an internship in my parental town Maastricht, the old and beautiful capital of the province Limbourg.

Also Princess Haya of Jordan lived in Maastricht. The present president of the FEI (International Equestrian Federation) learned her equestrian skills on the top-class studfarm and showjumping school Zangersheide near Maastricht.

Last edited:
I believe the godparents are:
Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands
Princess Madelaine of Sweden
Prince Maurits of Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven
Inez Zorreguieta
and a friend of Maxima

Would you not think it´s more likely if they choose someone from the Dutch royal family that they will choose someone from the royal family rather than someone related to the royal family by marriage. What about Beatrix? - is she a possibility?

Henri M. said:
You can not choose 20 godparents. Princess Laurentien also is no godparent to Amalia or Alexia.

The Prince and Princess seems to use 1 x paternal family, 1x maternal family, 1x paternal friend, 1 x maternal friend and 1x foreign royal

Princess Catharina-Amalia:
1x paternal family: HRH Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands
1x maternal family: mr. Martín Zorreguieta Cerruti
1x paternal friend: mr. Mark ter Haar
1x maternal friend: the high- and wellborn lady Samantha van Welderen Baroness Rengers-Deane
1x foreign royal: HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
1x extra godparent (for the State): His Excellency mr. Herman-Diederik Tjeenk Willink, vice-president of the Council of State

Princess Alexia:
1x paternal family: HRH Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau
1x maternal family: mr. Juan Zorreguieta Cerruti
1x parental friend: the high- and wellborn Jonkheer Frans-Ferdinand de Beaufort
1x parental friend: the high- and wellborn lady Alexandra Jankovich de Jeszenice
1x foreign royal: HRH Princess Mathilde of Belgium, the Duchess of Brabant

1x paternal family: HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands
1x maternal family: miss Inés Zorreguieta Cerruti
1x paternal friend: the high- and wellborn lord Tijo Baron Collot d'Escury
1x maternal friend: miss Florencia di Cocco
1x foreign royal: HRH Princess Märtha Louise of Norway

I think Princess Martha Louise has the title Her Highness

You are right Nouvelle, she gave up her title of royal highness before marriage

I'm almost 100 % sure that Mette-Marit will be the royal godparent. Mathilde, Maxima and Mette-Marit are very good friends, and since Mathilde was godmother to Alexia, and Maxima was Sverre's godmother ...

I am not so sure about that.
Just because Maxima is godmother to Sverre does not mean
that Mette-Marit will necessarily be godmother for Ariane.
It might be, it might not be.

Mathilde is godmother of Alexia but she did not choose Maxima for one of her children.
Mette-Marit is godmother of Christian but she did not choose Mary for Sverre.

I think there is quite a possibility that one of the ladies who gave birth in the same month as Maxima - Letizia or Mary - might be godmother.
Or perhaps grand-duchesse Marie Therese of Luxembourg?

Regarding the other 4 godparents I agree with Henri_M.

Funny that GD Marie-Therese wasn' t mentioned before. I agree with you ricarde, she (or her husband) definately would bew very suitable and they seem to be close to the Prince of Orange and his wife, closer then some crownprincely couples (IMHO). It would also be nice to honour the Benelux this way, as it seems to mean very little these days.

And how about a member of the Amsberg-family?

principessa said:
And how about a member of the Amsberg-family?

Oh yes. I haven't thought about them. They have been present at the various baptisms of the Queen's grandchildren, and the weddings and Prince Claus' funeral of course.

For so far they have only chosen siblings as godparent on behalf of the family.

A Von Amsberg godparent is more likely for the children of Prince Friso and Prince Constantijn, who all have the surname Van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg.

I vote for Victoria of Sweden, as the Royal to be one of the Godmothers.

Last edited:
Princess Maxima said:
I'm 100% sure they'll choose Inés Zorreguieta

Seems pretty clear to me as well. The "Inez" (though that Z makes me nervous!!) is there for a reason. Plus I know P.M. and she is to trust in this one ;)

Verde Esmeralda said:
I vote for Victoria of Sweden, as the Royal to be one of the Godmothers.

Unlikely.

Crown Princess Victoria is already godmother and namegiver to Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau.

Atene said:
When is the baptism?
I don't think the date as been announced yet, but it may be taken place the time around July to September.

Last edited:
It usually takes some time here, so I expect the baptism will be after the summer holidays, perhaps during the festivities to mark the 40th birthday of the crownprince (1st of september).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom