First Day of School for Princess Amalia: December 10, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to add that Wassenaar is one of the poshest "villages" in the Netherlands, where "normal" people can't afford to live. Thus, even the village school is much more posh than others...

Yes, I've been there and it's really a dreamy place...

I posted that comment when we still didn't know exactly what public school she would attend...

A US photoagency had some pictures a few days ago of Maxima picking up Amalia from her new school (I guess some paparazzi are still trying to sell their pics which would clearly fall under the mediacode). So the school wont be new to her on her first 'official' day of school next monday.

Indeed, I saw them in a local gossip magazine this week. Amalia is carrying a drawing and Máxima takes her by the hand. In another picture, Máxima is waving good-bye at Amalia's classmates, who are looking out the window. Clearly papparazzo stuff, still lovely pics!

Last edited:
Awww Shes growing up I Remember my first day at day So when shes say 22 will scooling be done any Army Training ect ect

Amalia is such a little firecracker! I wonder how much she knows about her royal status. During the photoshoot for Alexia's birthday Maxima mentioned that Amalia wants to be a princess when she grows up which was very cute considering she's already one. Is she aware that she will be Queen one day?

Will they do a photoshoot?

Will they do a photoshoot?

Yes there will be a photoshoot. However, only RTL, ANP and NOS will be welcome. This is of course quite obvious because this is her first day to school and that is very exciting. I also read somewhere that they will only be allowed to make pictures inside the building...

The RVD has warned that it will only be allowed by the (very few) members of the press that they selected to take pictures, film etc. and only inside the school. So photographers outside will be breaking the media code.
The school said they objected that pictures will be published of their other students and employees.

source: royalblog

The RVD has warned that it will only be allowed by the (very few) members of the press that they selected to take pictures, film etc. and only inside the school. So photographers outside will be breaking the media code.
The school said they objected that pictures will be published of their other students and employees.

source: royalblog

Question: if the school objects to photos being taken of other students and employees, why is the photo session taking place inside the school? Wouldn't it make more sense to have it outside?

They object that more media will take pictures etc. But from what I heard yesterday on television it seems that they will allow 1 television camera in the class room for a couple of minutes, and that is it.

Oh right, they're worried more about hundreds of photographers standing at the windows trying to get a few pictures of the Princess, so they're compromising with the RVD.

Does anyone know what time the photosession is scheduled to begin?

Aww! Amalia looks like she's going to have so much fun, in one of the pics she looks like an angel, but she's got this cheeky grin on her face which says otherwise! :D

Love this pic!

Lovely pictures !! I really wish Amalia enjoys her new school which she looks like. W-A & Maxima are great supporters when it comes to their children, in a few pictures where Maxima is hugging Amalia, looks like she doesnt want to let her go and in others Amalia looks like she is ready to start her day

on rtl.nl there are the same pics like at ANP,in High Quality.

I am happy for little Amalia! She is such a happy child. I loved the pictures where Maxima hugs her daughter with great affection :wub:. I think the parents were very emotioned especially Máxima, while Amalia was enthusiastic to beggin the new adventure.

There were paparazzi waiting outside to make some pictures. Willem Alexander was not amused! (According to Royalblog.nl)

Such great pictures! W-A and Maxima seem so, so proud of Amalia, and in some of the pictures it looks as if they don't want to let her go! Amalia seems to be her usual happy self, I liked the Disney princesses on her bag!

am not too impressed with juf ans, she seems terribly mediocre, if that is the best they can get at that school.......

Last edited:
Princess Amalia is just sweet and lovely... and she smiles all the time. You can see, that she is a lucky and happy child.

What time they arrive?Iy looks like it is still nigth??Why they didn't talk to the journalists outside?The didn't even say goodbye to anyone!!!

School starts at 8.30 but I think they were early so no other children would be photographed. They didn’t talk to the journalists outside because they were not ‘allowed’ to be there. Only three journalists were invited: ANP, NOS and RTL. These journalists have pics from inside the building.

What time they arrive?Iy looks like it is still nigth??Why they didn't talk to the journalists outside?The didn't even say goodbye to anyone!!!

I love how W-A and Maxima look like they don't want to let their baby go but C-A is ready to leave them behind in the dust!

well that is the very least you can expect, that she knows what she is doing.

I had a lovely collegue who chose a high paying career to a job at an elementary school, someone like her would have been great.

:rolleyes:

Juf Ans seems like a lovely teacher, I'm sure she knows what she's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom