First Day of School for Princess Amalia: December 10, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well that is the very least you can expect, that she knows what she is doing.

I had a lovely collegue who chose a high paying career to a job at an elementary school, someone like her would have been great.
How do you know juf Ans isn't great? You don't even know her or how she teaches (I assume). I just think you're very quick to judge her.

AMALIA is such a pretty girl :wub:
I hope she had a great first day at school.

Don't pou think it is a bit disrespectaful to invite only three journalists??And the others?

Don't pou think it is a bit disrespectaful to invite only three journalists??And the others?

Well, I understand some magazines (such as Party Magazine, Prive as well?) have been banned from photoshoots, since they have broken the mediacode, by publishing unauthorized material about the RF in the past. So maybe that's why the RF has narrowed the amount of media invited to such photosessions.

We must also take into account that this is not an official engagement, but a family moment which happens to be of great interest. I understand they are able to choose and narrow the number of attendants. We're talking about a 3 year old who is having her first day at school, I'm sure not much of a fuss outside the building is desired ... there are also other kids attending as well, who may freak out and whose families might not really like such an exposure...

If you look on www.koninklijkhuis.nl it states that they've limited the amount of press invited/chosen for this specific event because "The first day of school for a 4 year old is in and of itself very new and exciting/stressful. Therefore in order to intrude as little as possible and create as little stress as possible for the press, only a select few have been allowed into the school. Also, there were no opportunities outside as December can be quite dark and wet."

Last edited:
I must they look lovely, parents and daughter! it must be some stress for the parents to really take her to the school with all this press around, the little Amalia, she must not understand what it is all about! She probably was before there so it would be completly new for her and she use to be at home with nanies when the parents have to travel so she use too to be with other people, so I don't think it will be hard for her!

I love how W-A and Maxima look like they don't want to let their baby go but C-A is ready to leave them behind in the dust!

:lol:isn't that always the way, harder on the parents
sweetest photos thanks everybody for sharing it always special seeing CA she's always so happy and smiling. i hope she enjoyed her first day of school. btw LOVE maximas coat, betcha she cried a little bit in the car:flowers:

According to RTL news, Amalia wil be accompanied by two bodyguards during here school life.
ANP Beeldbank
Love this picture. It says so much about the day!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for all these beautiful pictures and videos. Amalia was beautiful. Such emotional pictures, a child's first day of school. I sure hope that the rest of her schooldays will be a bit more private than this one. The moment in which mommy and daddy sharted hugging and kissing her was so sweet :wub:

It is wonderful to see that Maxima and Willem-Alexander such lovely parents. :wub: I like them so much and their three girls are fantastic. They are my favourite family.

I am sure she will have bodyguards! they have 2 around them when they enter into the school! with the things that happen in this world today I wish I could have a bodyguard for my daughter!great for her!!!!!! she is so cute, thank you for sharing the video and the photos!!!!!!

The first day of school is such an exciting day for all. Just a few years ago you were holding your newborn for the first time and in a flash you are taking them to school.

IMO, W-A and Maxima were wise to limit the number of photographers. The photos are taken without too much disruption to the other families who attend the school.

Thanks for all the pictures, Amalia is lovely, she was dressed like a doll:wub: Her parents looked so happy and proud.

Thanks for the videos! It was so sweet to watch the Princes saying goodbye through the big windows of the school... Everything was emotional and beautiful today. :)
About the presence of the photographers: I understand the parents reasons for restrict the number of them there but it was predictable that many would disobey that restriction A first day of school is always a Big day for every child and they were interested to be there and capture the moment.

Hola.com has a review on Amalia's first day at school:

'Nervousness and emotion in the first day at school of Princess Amalia'

NERVIOS Y EMOCIÓN EN EL PRIMER DÍA DE COLEGIO DE LA PRINCESA AMALIA

Briefly, the article points out that the parents looked way more touched and nervous than the young Princess herself.

Also states that - as we already know - Amalia had been learning numbers and how to write her name previously to this day, and practicing languages as well, as she usually speaks in Spanish to Máxima, and Dutch to her other relatives and family, though she's been heard speaking in English (some spare words).

Lovely pics -they're a cute family, and Amalia looks like a very loved child.

Does anyone know whether this is a pre-school, or a school that she's started? I expected her to have a little uniform of some kind?

Lovely pics -they're a cute family, and Amalia looks like a very loved child.

Does anyone know whether this is a pre-school, or a school that she's started? I expected her to have a little uniform of some kind?
Children in the Netherlands don't wear uniforms to school. ;)

Princess Amalia looks very happy of starting school. I hope she will learn to be a real Princess, knowing the reality of her country by the roots. That could be very good for her.

As for their parents being more nervous than herself the first day of school...Yes. It's quite normal in all parents, Royals or not. My mother always tells me that when she started school , having six years old, her parents got frustrated that she wouldn't cry and wanted to saty with them...Since she saw the crowd of children playing here and there, she let her parents alone and run to play with them! :ROFLMAO::lol:

Vanesa.

Amalia is so cute! And seems excited.

I noticed that her bag had Disney Princesses in it. :wub:

Last edited:
I am so happy for Amalia! Her first day of school and she is so excited!!!!

Amalia is so relaxed in her first day at school, she seems to enjoy it and it seems she´s a sociable girl, very cute.

Is it just me or do the dutch pronounce Amalia's name Amalijé ?

It's so nice to see them affectionate and loving towards their daughter. With their support, her school years will be great, hopefully filled with learning but also good friends.

Lovely pictures. Amalia is a happy little girl who grows up in a loving family. Starting school just before Xmas is a great thing, makes the beginning very easy going.
Looks like WA was too busy to see a hairdresser before Xmas, time to go!!!

Question

I think there is a program named "Bloe blood" (I am not sure of the title) on official Dutch tv. Does anyone know on which channel, the day and the time ?

Thanks in advance:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom