Entry of Sinterklaas in Wassenaar: November 22, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
Sinterklaas in Wassenaar!!(St.Nicolas,the dutch version of Santa,arrived in Wassenaar,THE children´s event of the year still)

PPE Agency

:wub:

Is this cute or what??....

Courtesy PPE-

Last edited:
How cute! The A-team look absolutely delighted to see Sinterklaas. They are so sweet!

so cute! what is the hat's meaning? i am really surprise that they are in the middle of all the people, i presume is a lot of security and bodyguards around!!!!!

Oh my goodness.......these girls are so adorable..... I just saw these pics and they are so cute what a wonderful family!

so cute! what is the hat's meaning? i am really surprise that they are in the middle of all the people, i presume is a lot of security and bodyguards around!!!!!

maxima has taken the girls to see sinterklaus some times before so i'm sure there's no threat.

i find it great they all together went to see sinterklaus... :wub:

It's so nice to seem them do these things as a family with the others in their town. If you didn't know better, you'd never guess that one day WA and Amelia will be the King & Queen of the Netherlands. Wonderful!

Very lov ely family with such beautiful people !

Thanks for all pictures :D
Such a lovely family, girls are so adorable:)

The girls are so beautiful, I love the picture of Maxima kissing Alexia. What a touching picture, I like seeing hem out like everyone else.

The three girls are adorables!!! I really like Alexia, but in those photos, little Ariane is a LOVELY THING!!!!!:wub:

Nice to see the princesses like this, they do what every other child in this country does, greeting sinterklaas. Last week he arrived in Amsterdam and I saw a lot of kids with simular hats. I don't think the 'liefdeshart' (love heart) that princess Amalia has drawn is something Dutch, though it might have been a school project of course. It seems rather sweet. Amalia probably still has one or two years to go until she realises that it was all a lie, which can be rather traumatising ;).

I believe this is the 3rd or 4th time they allowed pictures of this event, which is rather nice IMO.

Who is the woman holding Alexia on her shoulders? Is this a lady-in-waiting, or a family friend?

It's their (argentine) nanny

Thank you, Princess Maxima! I have never seen her before. I think it is wonderful that they have an Argentine nanny! This will be a great way for the girls to become even more familiar with their Argentine heritage.

Nice to see the princesses like this, they do what every other child in this country does, greeting sinterklaas. Last week he arrived in Amsterdam and I saw a lot of kids with simular hats. I don't think the 'liefdeshart' (love heart) that princess Amalia has drawn is something Dutch, though it might have been a school project of course. It seems rather sweet. Amalia probably still has one or two years to go until she realises that it was all a lie, which can be rather traumatising ;).

I believe this is the 3rd or 4th time they allowed pictures of this event, which is rather nice IMO.

It appears that the truth about Sinterklaas arrives around the same time as the truth about Santa Claus. My daughter is now in the third grade, so she no longer believes. Last year about half of her classmates still believed in Santa.

Sinterklaas in Wassenaar!!(St.Nicolas,the dutch version of Santa,arrived in Wassenaar,THE children´s event of the year still)

PPE Agency

:wub:

Is this cute or what??....

Courtesy PPE-

I thought it was the other way around: Sinterklaas being the original and Santa Klaus (similar name) being the anglicized version.

He arrived in Antwerp too last weekend (well, he is a holy man, no doubt it comes with duplication power) but none of our royal children were present :ermm:

It was very traumatizing for me... the first illusion bubble that burst. But that was made up by the fact I could play Sinterklaas for my sister then :lol: (and because she still believed in him, I still got presents too)

The kids look really cute... Makes me wonder what Sinterklaas will bring them... Only two more weeks before he leaves for Spain again...

I'm glad that Amalia, Alexia, and Ariane are able to enjoy the "normal kid" pleasure of seeing Sinterklaas arrive.

I looked him up on Wikipedia, and the American Santa Claus is actually based on the Dutch Sinterklaas. Although we in the USA do not have the Zwarte Piet, I'm sure that he was probably the basis for our "elves", Santa's helpers. I feel left out among the group of TRFers, I didn't find out the "truth" about Santa until I was almost 13! But I was DEVASTATED, as it takes the magic out of Christmas.

Thanks for the lovely pictures. The AAA team is fantastic. Little Ariane each day cuter!

thank you dor the explanation, they are divine!

It's their (argentine) nanny
this is marvellous that you find out, i always thought about that , that probably she had an argentinean nanny, that way they can practicie spanish, very smart! how do you find out?
thank you so much!

this is marvellous that you find out, i always thought about that , that probably she had an argentinean nanny, that way they can practicie spanish, very smart! how do you find out?
thank you so much!

My french teacher has a friend who is the mother of the nanny and a friend of Máxima

Really nice pictures!
Nice to see the girls in more colourful clothes than usual (talking about the jackets off course not about the Zwarte Piet hats :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom