The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-14-2016, 04:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Judging by the crowds in the beautiful spring sunshine the Dutch King and Queen they are indeed popular ,the queen looks radiant in pink.
Yes they are. There was some coverage yesterday on TV and even my husband, who only knows about royalty through me, said wow, these two really know how to do it. I don't think there is another couple around, especially Max who are so good with people while at the same time being so relaxed and natural. There is nothing fake about them, they genuinely are having a good time. It's in their personality. Maxima kind of put the republican movement back into stone age, so to say.

Old 04-14-2016, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
even my husband, who only knows about royalty through me, said wow, these two really know how to do it.
I have similar experiences Máxima and WA manage to even impress those (male) ones that normally are totally indifferent towards royalty..

First pics from today:

** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

** br.de gallery: Niederländische Royals besuchen Franken **

** refdag.nl gallery: Koningspaar heeft aandacht voor Siemens **

** dpp: King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima visit Erlangen and Nurnberg **

** zimbio/gettyimages:King Willem-Alexander And Queen Maxima Of The Netherlands Visit Bavaria - Day 2 **

Old 04-14-2016, 08:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

German Bavarian art gallery visited by Netherland's Queen Maxima and King Willem-Alexander | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-14-2016, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

A short Report and some photos i took yesterday
Royal Travel and Events Blog: dutch Royal Couple visits Munich
Old 04-14-2016, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I can't believe it. I shook hands with Her Majesty.

It was a wonderful day in Nuremberg. I was waiting at the Altes Rathaus, and I was in the first row. The whole place in front of the Altes Rathaus was crowded with royal fans. The weather was amazing and the royal couple was in very good mood.

This day I will never forget.

Edit: I am totally freaking out. I am at this picture. Such a great, wonderful, amazing day. So happy.

https://twitter.com/VorstenNL/status/720651099691048960
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:51 PM
Administrator

That's wonderful to hear, principessa! Surely a day you'll always remember!

And Stefan, thank you as well for your report and pics!

Wouldn't it be great to always have our own special reporters around?!

** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery day 2 ** ppe gallery - 2 **
Old 04-14-2016, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Maxima causes a stir in Germany with 'swastika' coat - DutchNews.nl
Old 04-14-2016, 08:18 PM
Majesty

i loved the majestic interiors of the place where the king and queen met with prime minister Horst Seehofer and his wife hosts:
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2016/PPE160413164.jpg

on my... i cannot believe this:
http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archive...at-in-germany/

really!? where do they see the swastikas? to me, it's an abstract design, or at most a cross, but to see swastikas in maxima's coat really is a stretch. this coat has been worn before in denmark and in the netherlands, with no incidence. i understand the germans may be paranoid about the topic but... this is too much a stretch of the imagination!

it really proves that when you are a royal you really need to think about everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
I can't believe it. I shook hands with Her Majesty.

It was a wonderful day in Nuremberg. I was waiting at the Altes Rathaus, and I was in the first row. The whole place in front of the Altes Rathaus was crowded with royal fans. The weather was amazing and the royal couple was in very good mood.

This day I will never forget.

Edit: I am totally freaking out. I am at this picture. Such a great, wonderful, amazing day. So happy.

https://twitter.com/VorstenNL/status/720651099691048960
congratulations principessa! what a fun experience. did you get the chance to talk to the king and queen?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-15-2016, 01:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Königsbesuch in Franken |*Máximale Empörung um diesen Mantel - München - Bild.de

Yes, its paranoid and you can always overdo political correctness!! How many historic sights show swasticas, in many cultures, and nobody complains? It has been a symbol long before the Nazis misused it. I am german and all i can say is focus on the real problems of this country and not on a coat!!
Old 04-15-2016, 02:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Königsbesuch in Franken |*Máximale Empörung um diesen Mantel - München - Bild.de

Yes, its paranoid and you can always overdo political correctness!! How many historic sights show swasticas, in many cultures, and nobody complains? It has been a symbol long before the Nazis misused it. I am german and all i can say is focus on the real problems of this country and not on a coat!!
Imo it is an overreaction, but imo it's the combination of symbol, placing of symbol and color of coat that is indeed somewhat reminiscing about the wwii uniforms (i must admit that it occured to me too that it looked like that, but indeed mo we have bigger issues nowadays)
Old 04-15-2016, 02:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Its one thing for there to be swastikas on historic buildings. But to wear a coat that resembles swastikas I don't see it honestly, I keep looking at the coat and don't see what people are talking about. But I can see why people would be upset. Its not about being 'politically correct', its about showing respect. Millions of lives were lost at the hands of people wearing that symbol. Many of the people in the area may have lost a parent or grandparent, or been in a camp themselves. So yes, I think it understandable that people would react badly to a foreign head of state's consort brandishing such a symbol while on a visit. It is a sign of disrespect, like going to a muslim country and not dressing modestly, if Maxima knew there was a possible resemblance.

I hate the whole 'there is worse things happening'. Why have we come to a time where we rate what is worse? Yes there may be worse things happening, doesn't mean this isn't an issue.

Do I think Swastikas need to be removed from historic buildings? NO. Do I think they should be used in modern architecture or fashion design? Absolutely NOT. At least not in Europe where that symbol has obvious meaning.
Old 04-15-2016, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i loved the majestic interiors of the place where the king and queen met with prime minister Horst Seehofer and his wife hosts:
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2016/PPE160413164.jpg

That is the Residence which was the Castle of the Dukes, Electors and Kings of Bavaria for seveal hundred years.
Old 04-15-2016, 05:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Its one thing for there to be swastikas on historic buildings. But to wear a coat that resembles swastikas I don't see it honestly, I keep looking at the coat and don't see what people are talking about. But I can see why people would be upset. Its not about being 'politically correct', its about showing respect. Millions of lives were lost at the hands of people wearing that symbol. Many of the people in the area may have lost a parent or grandparent, or been in a camp themselves. So yes, I think it understandable that people would react badly to a foreign head of state's consort brandishing such a symbol while on a visit. It is a sign of disrespect, like going to a muslim country and not dressing modestly, if Maxima knew there was a possible resemblance.

I hate the whole 'there is worse things happening'. Why have we come to a time where we rate what is worse? Yes there may be worse things happening, doesn't mean this isn't an issue.

Do I think Swastikas need to be removed from historic buildings? NO. Do I think they should be used in modern architecture or fashion design? Absolutely NOT. At least not in Europe where that symbol has obvious meaning.
I am just saying, if you (not you personally but from a media perspective) are trying to look for something that looks like a swastika you'll find something. Maxima did not wear anything that is remotely offensive - and by the way, the swastika's extensions usually point to the right and the embroidery's extensions point to the left.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:35 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I suppose it is a case of honi soit qui mal y pense. If you want to see a swastika in it you can, just like you can see various shapes and forms in clouds. However, to interpret the thing as a swastika says perhaps more about the mind and/or historic knowledge of the observer than about the -IMHO unsuccesful- coat itself. I suppose it is comforting to know that the minds of the people at court are not as perverted as that of the journalist who made the observation.

The thing on the coat is obviously not a swastika. It has a circle in the middle, rays around the circle, the axis are straight, not diagonal and the feet of the pattern are tiny and turn the other way. Anyway, on the bright side: the coat will now hopefully be retired.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Max Emanuel, Duke in Bavaria, the Heir to the House of Bavaria (and father of Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein), is seated next to Queen Máxima in the splendid Antiquarium of the Münchener Residenz: picture

Note that the original chair of the Queen was replaced by another one. Probably she found it uncomfortable or it became wobbly or broken? The gentleman between the King and Queen is the Ministerpräsident of Bavaria, Herr Horst Seehofer.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I am just saying, if you (not you personally but from a media perspective) are trying to look for something that looks like a swastika you'll find something. Maxima did not wear anything that is remotely offensive - and by the way, the swastika's extensions usually point to the right and the embroidery's extensions point to the left.
Honestly I must be bad at looking at clouds, because I looked and looked and couldn't get what they thought resembled one. Makes no sense. My statement is simply understanding anger of people using the symbol in modern times. Not in thinking Maxima in any way was.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Prince Max Emanuel, Duke in Bavaria, the Heir to the House of Bavaria (and father of Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein), is seated next to Queen Máxima in the splendid Antiquarium of the Münchener Residenz: picture
Splendid it is,but gloomy,very gloomy..It's like having lunch in a Mausoleum.
There are far more fitting,pleasant halls & rooms in the Residenz to host a luncheon.

As for HM coat...I recall no-one made the same BS reference to this coat and design while HM was in Denmark for the recent State Visit....Some nut trying to talk himself out of total oblivion as too many nobodies try to do..Next!
Old 04-16-2016, 05:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Well the idea behind the design by Claes Iversen was wonderful. It almost looked medieaeval but eeerh... screws and bolts and pins on a coat?

The Queen looked splendid, all three days, I must say. When Máxima has to be Die Königin indeed, she does it. It has been a bit undersnowed, but for the evening program she donned quite substantial diamonds: picture 1 and picture 2.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:00 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Is the small ribbon on Queen Máxima's left shoulder a miniature of the order of merit of the German federal republic? I believe that she has worn it on all three outfits. I suppose the king could be wearing the pin of the same order on his colbert.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Is the small ribbon on Queen Máxima's left shoulder a miniature of the order of merit of the German federal republic? I believe that she has worn it on all three outfits. I suppose the king could be wearing the pin of the same order on his colbert.
Yes it is the minatur of the german Order of Merit. She wore it on the day in Munich. Not sure about the other days.

Tags
bavaria, germany, king willem-alexander, queen maxima, working visit