Dutch Summer Photo Sessions: 2013-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, the newspaper De Telegraaf said: right after the photoshoot the royal family left with the brand new official airplane, heading for their villa in Greece. We seldom or never have seen pictures from them in Greece, except when they celebrate Easter with King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie. And they seem befriended with Marianna Goulandri and Philippos Lemos, possibly because of their Greek property.

Thank you for this infromation! Are there any pictures of this visit?

Only of Willem-Alexander and Máxima with Constantine and Anne-Marie at the Easter service that Saturday night.

Lovely photos! Amalia is such a big girl considering the fact that she is only 15! However, I have a soft spot for Alexia, she looks so sweet!

TBeautful Photossession. The Princesses all look so grown up. Especially if one compares them to Leonor and Sofia of Spain. And Alexia and Ariane are the same age as the two.

Sofia has just turned 12, and Leonor will be 14 in October, so there is a bit of an age difference.

Sofia has just turned 12, and Leonor will be 14 in October, so there is a bit of an age difference.

Both Sofia and Ariane (and Isabella for that matter) turned 12 in april - so, technically 19 days is an age difference but not that significant on 12 years and 3 months of age. Alexia turned 14 last month, so she's only 4 months older than Leonor (and Christian). Imo close enough to consider them to be of the same age. They would most likely be in the same class/grade if they would all attend the same school.

Last edited:
Both Sofia and Ariane (and Isabella for that matter) turned 12 in april - so, technically 19 days is an age difference but not that significant on 12 years and 3 months of age. Alexia turned 14 last month, so she's only 4 months older than Leonor (and Christian). Imo close enough to consider them to be of the same age. They would most likely be in the same class/grade if they would all attend the same school.

Wonder if they will grow up to become friends?
I sincerely hope so.
Both for their sake, but also for our sake. ;)

The photocall and press conference with King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima at their new home, Huis ten Bosch Palace in The Hague with English subtitles

I am sure it has been said before but this photo call again showed that we've two daughters taking after their father('s family) - Amalia and Ariane - and one taking after her mother('s family) - Alexia.

I am curious how the three princesses will "dry up" in their twenties. How time flies.

TBeautful Photossession. The Princesses all look so grown up. Especially if one compares them to Leonor and Sofia of Spain. And Alexia and Ariane are the same age as the two.
Well, every girl matures differently. Alexia had an early growth, as opposed to Leonor (and the boys of that year, such as Christan, Emmanuelle and Sverre Magnus).

As for Sofia, I think she is way more mature than Ariane, on behavior and clothes. Isabella is in the middle of the two.

For me is a delight to follow them, to see them grow up. I hope we all get to see them all together at some point. I've heard that Felipe and Letizia visited WA and Maxima with Leonor and Sofia once. So, the girls probably know each other.:flowers:

sometimes even a few months can make a difference, everybody develops differently. Alexia looks almost like an adult, even sexy in some photoshoots (not in this one) while Leonor still looks like a child. It will change with time.

sometimes even a few months can make a difference, everybody develops differently. Alexia looks almost like an adult, even sexy in some photoshoots (not in this one) while Leonor still looks like a child. It will change with time.

That is what i meant. Alexia and also Ariane already look like young woman while both Leonor and Sofia look like childs. And they are only a few months apart in age.

That is what i meant. Alexia and also Ariane already look like young woman while both Leonor and Sofia look like childs. And they are only a few months apart in age.

Ariane and Sofia are not a few months apart in age. They are only 19 days apart in age; so it would be hard to claim that less than 3 weeks result in such differences between them - even though Ariane is indeed turning from a child into a young adolescent (something that was already evident at king's day) - but I agree with Kathia Sophia in some ways she still has something of a child in her (luckily; as she is only 12).

Alexia hasn't changed that much over the last months -see for example this picture- I would say. So, also in her case I don't think the difference is due to their minor age difference.

I'd say the main issue at hand (and I think that's something we all agree on) is that everyone develops differently; and specifically in this age group (12-14) that results in very visible differences between girls. Clearly Alexia and Ariane are at a different stage in their development from child to adolescent. That's not better or worse; just different - but I don't think it's due to the limited age difference; unless Leonor suddenly looks all grown up at her birthday pictures in a few months. But even in that case she is 'later' than Alexia, as Alexia no longer looked a child in march 2018 (see this picture).

Last edited:
They appear to be a really happy family doing well I just love Maxima and I think she will guide the girls well she is very smart of clearly savvy. WA well he was really lucky so all in all they are a super family and I wish I lived in that palace........

Ariane and Sofia are not a few months apart in age. They are only 19 days apart in age; so it would be hard to claim that less than 3 weeks result in such differences between them - even though Ariane is indeed turning from a child into a young adolescent (something that was already evident at king's day) - but I agree with Kathia Sophia in some ways she still has something of a child in her (luckily; as she is only 12).

Alexia hasn't changed that much over the last months -see for example this picture- I would say. So, also in her case I don't think the difference is due to their minor age difference.

I'd say the main issue at hand (and I think that's something we all agree on) is that everyone develops differently; and specifically in this age group (12-14) that results in very visible differences between girls. Clearly Alexia and Ariane are at a different stage in their development from child to adolescent. That's not better or worse; just different - but I don't think it's due to the limited age difference; unless Leonor suddenly looks all grown up at her birthday pictures in a few months. But even in that case she is 'later' than Alexia, as Alexia no longer looked a child in march 2018 (see this picture).
I agree. Every girl develops differently. Not only the body per se, but the mind as well. Alexia developed both apparently. But, Leonor seems very adult-like with her posture and demeanour at events, so probably her mind is already at an adolescent level. Her physique is taking a little while to develop, but it will happen sooner or later.

We mustn't forget that, even though they're girls and most of them share the same year, they will all be different. Different body-types and heights. Leonor seems like she will be petite like her mother. While Sofia will be the taller sister. The same with AAA, Amalia and Ariane will probably be the tallest sisters and more bulky too. While Alexia will be shorter but with a slender constitution.

Can't wait for these next years. The teenage years of these young royals will be the most interesting period for royal watchers like us.;)

Great to see the photos from this year's photosession. The AAA's seem to be very tall, but then again, as pointed out, most of the Dutch are in comparison to the rest of us Europeans. Alexia is almost becoming the spitting image of Maxima!
I love this, this and this photo - WA and his family have always seemed very down-to-earth and loving to me.

Alexia's freekles are quite noticeable on the close-up pics on gettyimages. That's so cute! And her hair color is so stunning! It looks like copper. Here: picture.

Another princess with freekles is Ingrid Alexandra! How lovely ;)

:previous: Interesting to see how the RFs are perceived in other countries - thanks Muhler.

The ring that the queen was wearing during this photo session received some attention in the press. A few weeks ago the Queen visited the town of Culemborg. A member of the public bought the ring as a present for the queen and handed it over to an aide. Quite to her surprise a few weeks later the queen wore that very same ring during this photo session.

The ring is of a Dutch label called IXXXI and has the colors of the Dutch flag.

https://www.ad.nl/utrecht/maxima-dr...ar-cadeau-gaf-dat-kan-niet-dacht-ik~aa22734b/

The ring that the queen was wearing during this photo session received some attention in the press. A few weeks ago the Queen visited the town of Culemborg. A member of the public bought the ring as a present for the queen and handed it over to an aide. Quite to her surprise a few weeks later the queen wore that very same ring during this photo session.

The ring is of a Dutch label called IXXXI and has the colors of the Dutch flag.

https://www.ad.nl/utrecht/maxima-dr...ar-cadeau-gaf-dat-kan-niet-dacht-ik~aa22734b/

The ring is so sweet and the Queen's gesture is the sweetest too. :flowers:

Is it wise to group so many photographers together? I hope all the photographers will be wearing face masks.

:previous:

It's been decided to group the media folks to avoid a crush of people: For the family photos the photographers are allowed to stand in the first row, the cameramen/women are asked to stand behind them and the reporters will stand in the final row.

For the traditional interview with the King and Queen afterwards a single camera has been chosen and the reporters can pose their question(s) in a row.

Nice photo of dad and daughter. ?

Surely the photographers brought tele-lenses with them? Otherwise we will have to contend ourselves with satellite-photos this year. ?

I'm normally a fan of the Dutch summer photos but I just don't like this years session.

Back
Top Bottom