Dutch Summer Photo Sessions: 2013-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you! Amalia got taller than her mother! Very lovely photos!

Lovely pictures. Especially like the sitting on the ground so we don’t have to see the whole of maxima dress

Amalia is soooo tall now! What a beautiful young lady she is.

I cannot believe Amalia is only 16! The photo is beautiful.

Thank you! Amalia got taller than her mother! Very lovely photos!

Or she was just wearing higher heels...

One of the photographers warned the king that she might be taller than him next year to which his response was that he would wear heels in that case as well ?

One of the photographers warned the king that she might be taller than him next year to which his response was that he would wear heels in that case as well ?

Máxima is quite tall herself and also wears very high heels, so I am impressed with Amalia’s height ( not least being a short person myself).

Máxima is quite tall herself and also wears very high heels, so I am impressed with Amalia’s height ( not least being a short person myself).

The Netherlands is full of tall people, so I'm not impressed (although I am short myself). So, to me it seems that Amalia's height is above average - but not exceptional.

The Dutch are the tallest people in Europe according to a finding some years ago.

Then I suppose I am not Dutch for I am not tall at all :lol: (1,65 m is not tall).

Then I suppose I am not Dutch for I am not tall at all :lol: (1,65 m is not tall).

Taller than me :D

They need people like us; otherwise the average height would be even higher ;)

You spoilsports, you. ?

Apparently today was also Princess Ariane's last day at her primary school. Next school year she will join her sisters at the Sorghvliet Gymnasium in The Hague.

Apparently today was also Princess Ariane's last day at her primary school. Next school year she will join her sisters at the Sorghvliet Gymnasium in The Hague.

Yes, it was. The king took this picture of the teachers singing their goodbye song. Ariane seems to be sitting up front.

Last edited:
I believe Amalia will be what is referred to as "statuesque" … as is Queen Margrethe. Quite tall indeed!

She wore the same heels as her mother, but different color. So, in fact, she is at the same height or a little bit taller than her mother.:flowers:

I think Amalia will be the tallest crown princess of her era. But I also think that Ariane will be tall too. Let's see if she surpasses her sister or not.

Last edited:
Taller than me [emoji3]

They need people like us; otherwise the average height would be even higher ;)
Yes, at 1.61m I am a rather short Dutch-woman. We balance out the average. [emoji6]

TBeautful Photossession. The Princesses all look so grown up. Especially if one compares them to Leonor and Sofia of Spain. And Alexia and Ariane are the same age as the two.

Willem-Alexander and Maxima have an exotic villa in Portoheli (Argolis, Greee), nera the house of Konstantin and Anna Maria. I wonder if they visit this house.

Typically they spend part of the summer in Greece. They also were in Greece for the May holidays (they left for Greecd on King's day after the King's day celebrations).

Typically they spend part of the summer in Greece. They also were in Greece for the May holidays (they left for Greecd on King's day after the King's day celebrations).

Thank you for this infromation! Are there any pictures of this visit?

Back
Top Bottom