Dutch State Visits to Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania: June 11-15, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
President Dalia Grybauskaite looks good, as always. I don't know her at all but she always lights up a room. I believe she is rumored to be one of the candidates to succeed Donald Tusk as president of the European Counsel.

In a tweet she called The Netherlands "a true friend, trusted ally and exceptional trade partner" .

The final day of the state visits has started with a wreath-laying ceremony at the Antakalnis Cemetery in Vilnius today, June 15:

** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Interesting: the president's husband got the Crown Order and not the Order of Orange-Nassau; is that what happened with previous state visits as well that the spouse of the head of state received the crown order?

There we no orders to be seen yesterday; so not sure why this was a white tie event and yesterday a black tie - probably they didn't exchange orders yesterday and thought it would be less obvious?

Orders were exchanged between the heads of state during all three state visits, though only the sash and star worn during the dinner in Estonia. Each host country decide on the dress code for the state banquet, and it seems like the current Estonian President favours white tie. A nice surprise I would say...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom