Dutch Royals at the Torino Winter Olympics: February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
the opening ceremony is tonight, so I expect the PoO in the audience, with his 'eternal' companion, Erica Terpstra (chairman of the dutch sport federation)

and a pic of ANP

Attachments

• turijn wa max.jpg
    turijn wa max.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 481
Thanks for the pictures Patrick! Did you make the first ones yourself?

great pictures, Patrick.. thanks :)
it's too bad there arent many pictures of them. i'd love to see more of them there... :(

here's of the PoO alone..

TURIJN - OLYMPIC GAMES. 10 February 2006
Prince Willem Alexander speak on Thusrsday to the Dutch press to word in the press room of the Olympic winter game in Turin. The prince is in Turin as member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
ANP PHOTO ROBERT GRIND

Last edited:
Polfoto 11-02-2006 Dutch Crown Prince Willem Alexander, left, and his wife Princess Maxima are seen in the stands during the men's 5000 meter speedskating at Oval Lingotto during the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin, Italy on Saturday, Feb. 11, 2006. (AP Photo/Jasper Juinen)

Attachments

• 0.JPG
    0.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 529
Some more of today; speedskating 5000 m. (ANP foto's)

2379946.jpg

2380066.jpg

awww, willem and maxima are looking great! i love the last batch of photos and the one of them really close... looks so sweet.

Lovely pictures indeed! They aways seem to have fun with each other.
Sadly we only won a silver medal and an american got the gold.

Marengo said:
Lovely pictures indeed! They aways seem to have fun with each other.
Sadly we only won a silver medal and an american got the gold.

It was a really good race though. The two Dutchmen (Sven Kramer and Bob de Jong) were amazing. I did get goosebumps to see Enrico Fabris of Italy really give that last push to take the bronze.

February 11, 2006

TURIJN - Sven Kramer gets saturday evening in the Holland Heineken House on the Olympic winter game a nepmedaille distributed by Prince Willem Alexander, after the obtaining of a silver medal on the 5000 meters this afternoon.

ANP PHOTO OLAF CRACK

Attachments

• 2380180.jpg
    2380180.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 394
  • 2380177.jpg
    2380177.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 355
  • 2380175.jpg
    2380175.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 267
  • 2380172.jpg
    2380172.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 721
  • 2380171.jpg
    2380171.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 272
  • 2380170.jpg
    2380170.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
hey there! i am an american and i think that he was very talented. I also think that the Dutchmen were espically good! I admire all the athletes at the olympics!

he really done job as IOC but he really responsibles everythings for Olympics and giving awards

purple_platinum said:
February 11, 2006

TURIJN - Sven Peddler gets saturday evening in the Holland Heineken House on the Olympic winter game a nepmedaille distributed by Prince Willem Alexander, after the obtaining of a silver medal on the 5000 meters this afternoon.

ANP PHOTO OLAF CRACK

Hallo; Sven Peddler??? .........Kramer!!!

purple_platinum said:
TURIJN - OLYMPIC GAMES. 10 February 2006
Prince Willem Alexander speak on Thusrsday to the Dutch press to word in the press room of the Olympic winter game in Turin. The prince is in Turin as member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
ANP PHOTO ROBERT GRIND

Apparently when he was asked if he wanted to be a member of the IOC for the next 8 years, the prince replied that that was still 'the big question'.

Apparently the PoO made a 'deal' with the gouverment that he will quit all his other functions (like a member of the IOC) as soon as he becomes king, so.... if we add this to the restorations of Castle Drakensteyn and Palace op de Dam, one hinks that within 8 years the Queen will abdicate.

without watermark photo...

Dutch Crown Prince Willem Alexander and Argentinian-born Crown Princess Maxima watch the opening ceremonies of the Turin 2006 Winter Olympic Games , late Friday , 10 February 2006.
Foto : Sergey Chirkov c dpa

nn8jdw.jpg

Amber26 said:
Hallo; Sven Peddler??? .........Kramer!!!

sorry sorry.. :eek: :eek: i must've made mistake when translating the caption :D
i have now corrected it, Amber26 ;)

Thanks purple! They must be the most (openly) enthausiastic royal supporters around!

I just saw on the tv that TRH Prince Willem-Alexander & Princess Máxima took the Princesses Amalia & Alexia to Torino, does anyone have pictures??

First pictures, ANP:)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 421
  • 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 573
  • 0.JPG
    0.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 395
Oh my God, Amalia and Alexia are the cutest thing!!!!

That is too cute to see Amalia and Alexia cheering on their fellow Dutchmen and Dutchwomen! Love their touches of orange!

I like how Willem and Maxima have involved their children in these games. In Athens, Cristina and Inaki of Spain brought their young boys and I wondered why other royals didn't bring their kids too since it could be fun for them and teach them so much about good sportsmanship and instill national pride.

The Netherlands won gold and silver :eek::D

More happy pictures of the royal family coming soon....

More pictures

pictures: ANP

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 340
  • 56820454.jpg
    56820454.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 428
  • 56819095.jpg
    56819095.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 418
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:
Nice photos.
I love the infants orange hats and toys.

This page I like very much ! dutch royal are my favorit ! barber.

They look like any ordinary family on a day out, it is lovely to see Royals looking normal and so happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom