Dutch Royals at the Torino Winter Olympics: February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crisiñaki said:
did W-A practice skating?

Not in Turino, but he is knows how to (speed)skate. In the eighties he even did the eleven-cities skating tour in Friesland (and finished it), which is only for trained die-hards...
I believe he actually proposed to Maxima after some ice skating on one of the ponds at Palace Huis Ten Bosch.

I know the Dutch love their speed skating, but I guess I didn't realize how much they love it until this Olympics! In my local paper this morning, a journalist said that speed skating is as sacred to the Dutch as hockey is to Canadians - so that put things in perspective for me. Has it always been a popular sport, or is this enthusiasm more recent?

Squidgy said:
I know the Dutch love their speed skating, but I guess I didn't realize how much they love it until this Olympics! In my local paper this morning, a journalist said that speed skating is as sacred to the Dutch as hockey is to Canadians - so that put things in perspective for me. Has it always been a popular sport, or is this enthusiasm more recent?

Always, the Dutch looooove speed skating.

The Watcher said:
Always, the Dutch looooove speed skating.

LOL! Well, no wonder your skaters do so well - they have so much support from royalty & commoners alike!:)

JessRulz said:
purple_platinum, what a great video! :D can I ask you what song that is? I've watched the video once and I can't get 'You're my indigo girl' out of my head! :D
Thanks in advance! :)

Hi JezzRulz...

it was on my mp3 folders, but unfortunately the track name & artist got deleted, but i'm gonna try to find out.. ;)

Thanks purple! Much appreciated! :)

thanks for all the pictures especially purple platinum. I've been searching for this pictures for two months!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom