The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-11-2008, 07:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations to Maxima for the dresses they are lovely

Old 07-11-2008, 07:14 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for posting these beautiful pictures. The three little girls are adorable and yes, I do love the way Maxima dresses them.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Awww, I love this picture of Ariane! Am I the only one who dislikes these dresses Máxima puts the girls in??
No you're not the only one

I strikes me that most of the crownprincesses dress their children in a quite old fashion way and that especially Maxima and Mathilde dress theirs almost identical. I like al classic dress from time to time, but I don't think that children should always look like dolls.

But Maxima and WA have a wonderfull family and beautiful daughters. I like it that it shows that they have their distinct personality. Very nice pictures.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The girls dresses were really cute but maybe a different color wouldnt harm or even if one was in a dress, other in a cute colorful skirt etc.
Maxima doesnt look bad at all, she is in something really fun perfect for a summer day & to me she seems to have gained a few pounds.

Best pictures so far for me where the bike pictures
Old 07-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Lovely, lovely pictures. Many thanks for posting them. They look like a genuinely happy and balanced family. Nothing fake, just natural. If there is one thing I don't like it's dressing the girls alike but the same goes for Letizia or Cristina of Spain. Love Maxima's blouse, the yellow spots suit WA's jacket
Old 07-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, I suppose the girls are at a age that they want to have a say i how they dress too. Maxima said before that Amalia was fond of playing 'princess' and wearing princess dresses, so that might explain why they only wear these long dresses at photoshoots recently.

I think the girls only dress alike during photoshoots btw but not in private.

--
During a short interview with the press Maxima said that Alexia was a bit jealous that her older sister went to school already and that as a result she goes to a creche (childcare?) 2 mornings a week.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Serene Highness

What beautiful girls, 3 lovely blond hair Princess. They all look a different but you can tell they are sisters. Ariane is sooooo cute, C-A looks like her father and Alexia looks like her mother, I guess we will have to wait to see about Ariane because she looks different then her sisters at this age. I love the natural look of this family, you can tell that they really love each other. To me, it is just another point for "allowing" the royal family to marry who they love, not who is chosen for them. Thanks everyone for posting the pictures!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Some more info:

- Princess Maxima is a 'lice-mother' at the Bloemcampschool. which means she will volunteer to pluck the lice from the heads of chilren when there is an outbreak of lice at school (with other mothers of course).

- Princess Maxima is also a lunchmother at the school, which mean that once in a while she stays at school during the lunchbreak, to overview the children who will stay for lunch (most kids go home for lunch and eat there)

- Buying a house in Argentina was not an option, the children were frightened by the paparazzi

- They only told their daughters this morning that there would be a photosession

sorce: royalblog.nl
Old 07-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Love the pictures of the entire family. Princess Ariane looks so pretty and has a lovely smile. She's very differently from her sisters actually. Personally, I love the old fashioned dresses Maxima chose for the girls. I much prefer the "old fashioned" style of dress especially for royal children. Sets them apart from the way the most families dress their children. Its smart too, trendy clothing becomes out of fashion rather quickly. The royal children will always look classic and beautifully attired.

Troonopvolgers!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

From Hello
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!=
Family-loving royals share joy of their three bundles of fun

Gallery from Getty
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...%7c0&p=7&tag=1

Gallery from IBL
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
Old 07-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

well the dresses are lovely but I really hope Maxima will only dress the girls like this because of the photosession and during other days she should dress some shorts and sandals!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, I'm not sure about her dressing them all alike. Every time we see them they always are wearing the same outfit. Each girl has their own personality I suppose, and that ought to reflect in their clothes. It's cute for a while, but then it gets really old!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Administrator

RTL has a clip of the interview with the PoO and P. Maxima:

Click here.

He says they first looked for a house in Europe but finally decided for Mozambique. The island is ideal for children, a lot of nature, water etc.

Peter van der Vorst started about the hidden costs: the prince welcomes the discussion but regrets that an impression has been made that it is one big mess, which it isn't. The RF is happy that it will be more transparent, something which they always favoured.

Amalia knows she is a princess, but she thinks she is not a real princess like in Disney or a pink princess, so it doesn't occupy her mind very much.

They won't be going to Argentina in the near future. Maxima's fathers health is doing fine. A knee surgery at his age is not without risks, but he is doing fine.

Maxima is thankful for the Dutch press, the children cabn move freely and they feel unsafe in Buenos Aires. Maxima didn't mind being pictured with glasses. But the pictures was made after she was followed by a paparazzo.

Amalia is doing well at school, she had to get used to all the people. She has a lot of friends and does ballet. She computers a lot.

In the holidays they will drop by their grandmother in Italy.

The princesses usually play 'mammy and daddy', they puzzle and they are waterrats.

German television asked how it is to come from a male household to one of only women.

Maxima kept some afternoons free around sinterklaas, so she could help out in Amalia's class. the princess says she finds it important to help at school and that she wans to get to know Amalia's classmates and friends.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Nobility

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god!! the pic looks amazing , they are a really super-family! the tree girls are fantastic , i prefere amalia she is the smart one and the most beautiful , alixia and ariane are fantastic too
i like maxima's bluse , the colores go with the event , its the summer of colors :)
Old 07-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Serene Highness

Wonderful family!!! The children looked so adorable.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Aristocracy

The children look very cute. Is Maxima cycling in high heels?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Nobility

Lovely, lovely pictures of the family, they are very cute, all three with the same clothes, thanks!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Majesty

Some more:

ANP Beeldbank

Courtesy Royalimages/FRANk VAN BEEK.

Het Koninklijk Huis

Old 07-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Courtier

Thanks for posting these beautiful pictures.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Courtier

I love the pale green dresses on the girls --- very English in style. The dresses don't scream "Designer!" label. Little girls seem to love to get dressed up for a "special occasion" and I am sure that this photo session was a special occasion for them. The fact that they are dressed alike right now is adorable. One of these days they will probably revolt against this idea and want to dress in their own color or style, but until then, they look wonderful. I am sure that their daily attire is very functional and simple: t-shirts, shorts, sports shoes, etc.
I hate to see little girls nowadays dressed in mini-adult styles with adult
hair-dos. Let kids be kids while they can be.

Tags
alexia, amalia, ariane, photo shoot, prince willem alexander, princess maxima, summer holiday