Dutch Summer Photo Sessions (2005-2012)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I suppose the girls are at a age that they want to have a say i how they dress too. Maxima said before that Amalia was fond of playing 'princess' and wearing princess dresses, so that might explain why they only wear these long dresses at photoshoots recently.

I think the girls only dress alike during photoshoots btw but not in private.

--
During a short interview with the press Maxima said that Alexia was a bit jealous that her older sister went to school already and that as a result she goes to a creche (childcare?) 2 mornings a week.

What beautiful girls, 3 lovely blond hair Princess. :wub::wub::wub:They all look a different but you can tell they are sisters. Ariane is sooooo cute, C-A looks like her father and Alexia looks like her mother, I guess we will have to wait to see about Ariane because she looks different then her sisters at this age. I love the natural look of this family, you can tell that they really love each other. To me, it is just another point for "allowing" the royal family to marry who they love, not who is chosen for them. Thanks everyone for posting the pictures!!!

Some more info:

- Princess Maxima is a 'lice-mother' at the Bloemcampschool. which means she will volunteer to pluck the lice from the heads of chilren when there is an outbreak of lice at school (with other mothers of course).

- Princess Maxima is also a lunchmother at the school, which mean that once in a while she stays at school during the lunchbreak, to overview the children who will stay for lunch (most kids go home for lunch and eat there)

- Buying a house in Argentina was not an option, the children were frightened by the paparazzi

- They only told their daughters this morning that there would be a photosession

sorce: royalblog.nl

Love the pictures of the entire family. Princess Ariane looks so pretty and has a lovely smile. She's very differently from her sisters actually. Personally, I love the old fashioned dresses Maxima chose for the girls. I much prefer the "old fashioned" style of dress especially for royal children. Sets them apart from the way the most families dress their children. Its smart too, trendy clothing becomes out of fashion rather quickly. The royal children will always look classic and beautifully attired.

Troonopvolgers!

well the dresses are lovely but I really hope Maxima will only dress the girls like this because of the photosession and during other days she should dress some shorts and sandals!!!!!!;)

Well, I'm not sure about her dressing them all alike. Every time we see them they always are wearing the same outfit. Each girl has their own personality I suppose, and that ought to reflect in their clothes. It's cute for a while, but then it gets really old!

RTL has a clip of the interview with the PoO and P. Maxima:

Click here.

He says they first looked for a house in Europe but finally decided for Mozambique. The island is ideal for children, a lot of nature, water etc.

Peter van der Vorst started about the hidden costs: the prince welcomes the discussion but regrets that an impression has been made that it is one big mess, which it isn't. The RF is happy that it will be more transparent, something which they always favoured.

Amalia knows she is a princess, but she thinks she is not a real princess like in Disney or a pink princess, so it doesn't occupy her mind very much.

They won't be going to Argentina in the near future. Maxima's fathers health is doing fine. A knee surgery at his age is not without risks, but he is doing fine.

Maxima is thankful for the Dutch press, the children cabn move freely and they feel unsafe in Buenos Aires. Maxima didn't mind being pictured with glasses. But the pictures was made after she was followed by a paparazzo.

Amalia is doing well at school, she had to get used to all the people. She has a lot of friends and does ballet. She computers a lot.

In the holidays they will drop by their grandmother in Italy.

The princesses usually play 'mammy and daddy', they puzzle and they are waterrats.

German television asked how it is to come from a male household to one of only women.

Maxima kept some afternoons free around sinterklaas, so she could help out in Amalia's class. the princess says she finds it important to help at school and that she wans to get to know Amalia's classmates and friends.

Last edited:
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god!! the pic looks amazing , they are a really super-family! the tree girls are fantastic , i prefere amalia she is the smart one and the most beautiful , alixia and ariane are fantastic too
i like maxima's bluse , the colores go with the event , its the summer of colors :)

Wonderful family!!! The children looked so adorable.

The children look very cute. Is Maxima cycling in high heels?

Lovely, lovely pictures of the family, they are very cute, all three with the same clothes, thanks!!!

I love the pale green dresses on the girls --- very English in style. The dresses don't scream "Designer!" label. Little girls seem to love to get dressed up for a "special occasion" and I am sure that this photo session was a special occasion for them. The fact that they are dressed alike right now is adorable. One of these days they will probably revolt against this idea and want to dress in their own color or style, but until then, they look wonderful. I am sure that their daily attire is very functional and simple: t-shirts, shorts, sports shoes, etc.
I hate to see little girls nowadays dressed in mini-adult styles with adult
hair-dos. Let kids be kids while they can be.

Just saw a 25 minute video of the photoshoot on NOS.NL and I felt sorry for the girls.All these pushy photographers must be quite intimidating for the them:ermm:.
But apart from that, it is great to see the family again. They look very happy. I only wonder where Maxima gets the girly dresses since I don't know any shop that sells such outdated stuff.
It's great to see how Willem Alexander has grown into his role. I hope the family has a good holiday and let's hope we'll see them again later on in Beijing:flowers:.

The girls are so cute and nicely dressed! They are such a beautiful, smiling and happy family!
I only wonder where Maxima gets the girly dresses since I don't know any shop that sells such outdated stuff.
Really?
In Italy all the most expensive children clothes shops sell plenty of those dresses.

But apart from that, it is great to see the family again. They look very happy. I only wonder where Maxima gets the girly dresses since I don't know any shop that sells such outdated stuff.
What is outdated about the dresses. Any upscale childrens store will carry dresses just like these - they are by the way absolutely adorable.

The girls are adorable! Obviously Amalia takes after her father's side and I think possibly Ariane is favoring that side as well. But little Alexia seems to resemble Maxima some. I have been looking forward to this, so great to see the family at photosessions like this.

(I have permission to post this picture )
Home /picturepress

so cute:
cutemb5.jpg

This type of dress is really not outdated at all -- quite the style in all the better stores -- easily obtained.

... and I predict those dresses are flying off the shelves even as we speak since Maxima dressed her little fashion plates in them!

The girls are adorable! Obviously Amalia takes after her father's side and I think possibly Ariane is favoring that side as well. But little Alexia seems to resemble Maxima some. I have been looking forward to this, so great to see the family at photosessions like this.

I totally agree! Amalia looks so much like Queen Beatrix. While Alexia looks so much like Maxima. Definitely the cutest. :wub: And Ariane looks like her dad. Love her front teeth :D

The girls look adorable. Really like the dresses but must admit I'm not a fan when siblings are all dressed identical

Awesome photosession. They all looked great, esp. Máxima.

What I don't get is... why do they insist on giving Amalia a football to kick? They did the same at the photosession in BA. She is a princess... a girl...

The only complaint I have is that Ariane wasn't wearing a helmet. The other two girls looked better placed in the wheelbarrow, although it couldn't have hurt for them to wear one, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom