Death of Inés Zorreguieta, Queen Máxima's Sister: June 5, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My sincere condolences to Queen Maxima and her entire family.

It' s a little worrying to me that Depression seem to run in both sides of the families....(Claus, Ines):cool:

Such sad news. My condolences to Queen Maxima and the Dutch and Zorreguieta families. :sad:

How incredibly tragic. It is so heartbreaking that she felt she had no other option. My deepest condolences to her family & other loved ones.

It's sad that both Maxima & W-A have lost siblings at relatively young ages.

Eternal rest grant to her, O Lord; and let light perpetual shine upon her. May she rest in peace.

According to news reports, Ines' body was found by her friend and her mother Maria Carricart Cerruti. Maria had to be helped by emergency services.☹

I cannot imagine the pain and anguish the family must be feeling, especially Maria. Discovering your child's lifeless body must be a mother's worst nightmare!

According to news reports, Ines' body was found by her friend and her mother Maria Carricart Cerruti. Maria had to be helped by emergency services.☹

I cannot imagine the pain and anguish the family must be feeling, especially Maria. Discovering your child's lifeless body must be a mother's worst nightmare!

OMG! I can't even imagine :sad:

really terrible news for someone so young. wishing maxima and her family strength during this time.

ines was always retreated from the spotlight, but the press had interest in her, despite maxima's efforts to help with the situation. maxima even tried to take care of her sister in netherlands, but ines refused to leave argentina.

seeing kate spade's passing only a few days ago, i am wondering how much of this is contagion - there needs to be better reporting on suicide. mental illness is unpredictable and our press needs to be conscious on the effect of suicide reporting on people struggling with mental health issues.

The Dutch press (NOS) has a link to the suicide prevention line below all articles about Ines today.

That's incredibly sad news and my heart goes out to everyone in the family, but especially her mother. The loss of a child is unfathomable under any circumstances but the thought of an elderly woman finding her daughter like that is heartbreaking.

Queen Mathilde also lost a sister, not by suicide but in a car crash in 1997.
Her grandmother was in the same car and died too... close to where I live.... and a dangerous place

Reactions: eya
Terrible news indeed. My condolences to The Queen and her family.

How very sad. May she rest in peace.

A very sad thing to happen.
I'm really sorry for Queen Máxima and the family.
Rest in peace, Inés.
Prayers.

Last edited:
Terrible news. Inez was Ariane's godmother and partial namesake. :sad:

My condolences to the entire time in such a hard time.

Letizia and her sister sadly first came to my mind as well. Many royals have suffered loss, like Mathilde, or Stephanie's mother right before her wedding. But losing someone young is even harder, and to a senseless loss.

What a horrible loss. So very sorry for Maxima and her family.

Terrible news she is too young and Queen Maxima and her family must be devastated
my prayers for the Inez , for the Queen and her family

The first thing that came to my mind, was the image of the then princess letizia, pregnant, crying on a sad and rainy day after the suicide of her sister Erika.
My condolences.

Terrible news. Inez was Ariane's godmother and partial namesake. :sad:

My condolences to the entire time in such a hard time.

Letizia and her sister sadly first came to my mind as well. Many royals have suffered loss, like Mathilde, or Stephanie's mother right before her wedding. But losing someone young is even harder, and to a senseless loss.

The pictures of Inés at Ariane's baptism are all over the place. I hope (and expect) they shelter her from it (as much as they possibly can) because it must be additionally hard if the whole country links your aunt's suicide to your baptism.

Last edited:
I really really hope that the Argentine press will show some restraint with their photographs and coverage of the mourning family during the funeral.

Those heart wrenching photos of Letizia and Telma Ortiz at the memorial for their lost sister Erika stayed with me for a long time.:sad:

My most deepest condolences to Queen Maxima and the entire Zorreguieta family. :sad:

The first thing that came to my mind, was the image of the then princess letizia, pregnant, crying on a sad and rainy day after the suicide of her sister Erika.
My condolences.

I really really hope that the Argentine press will show some restraint with their photographs and coverage of the mourning family during the funeral.

Those heart wrenching photos of Letizia and Telma Ortiz at the memorial for their lost sister Erika stayed with me for a long time.:sad:
:previous: The photos of Letizia, heavily pregnant and crying are still etched in my mind. When I read this tragic news, that image was the first thing I thought of.

I hope Maxima and the entire Zorreguieta family have the privacy they deserve and require at this sad time.

Heartbreaking for Queen Maxima and her family, to lose a beloved sister, aunt at such a young age with so much to live for....mental health is such a very important issue to be aware of anymore. My deepest sympathies to Maxima and her family during this difficult time.....grief knows no time limit ever!

How unexpected, sad and tragic news... Poor family, poor Maxima. She lost her father in August 2017, now less than a year later she loses her younger sister. My condolences to the family and lots of strength to bear this difficult time. RIP.

It seems that Queen Máxima has been worried about her sister, for a long time. She offered Inés to stay in the Netherlands and get help there, but apparently her sister refused the offer. We may assume that the Zorreguieta- and the royal family have been helpful in Argentina as well.

The father of the King, the late Prince Claus, suffered depressions as well. He had been admitted into psychiatric hospitals in Germany, so the King has first-hand experience. His father never recovered but more or less managed to cope.

Last edited:
Terrible news !So very sorry for Maxima and her family

I have a feeling the Press there will try their hardest to get a picture of any of the Family looking upset. I believe the removal of the body was shown on Tv in Argentina. Now that Is just wrong.

Its adds more pressure and grief(if that is even possible) to everyone in a terrible terrible situation. This is the part of being a public figure that no one envies.

Back
Top Bottom