The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-26-2016, 09:25 PM

Long live King Wilem-Alexander!
I myself say Queen Catharina-Amalia

Old 04-26-2016, 10:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Catharina-Amalia could be Queen Catharina Amalia with the stipulation that she does not want her name hyphenated.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:18 AM
Royal Highness

I believe she will reign as Queen Carharina-Amalia, but personally I would like her to be known as Queen Beatrix II ( after all, Beatrix is also one of her names).
Old 04-27-2016, 12:27 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't see her choosing to reign by one of her other names, even Beatrix. The Dutch don't have a history of choosing a reignal name. WA was simply a debate whether he would drop Alexander and join the line of Willems. I think the only debate will be if she rules as Queen Catharina or Queen Catharina-Amalia.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:29 AM
Heir Apparent

She will be Queen Catharina-Amalia. That is the name she is registered with. With hypen "like in my name" as her father added during the registration ceremony.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:44 AM
Heir Apparent

When Willem-Alexander got king, he said in an interview prior to the inauguration that Willem-Alexander is his name and is the name he is known for. Therefore he choose Willem-Alexander as his name as king.

Catharina-Amalia is known as "simple" Amalia. So I guess she will be Queen Amalia.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Willem-Alexander was called Alexander. His own father litterally said during the registration in 1967: "His names are Willem-Alexander Claus Georg Ferdinand. We call him: Alexander."

When Prince Willem-Alexander registered his daughter in 2003, he stated: "Her names are Catharina-Amalia, with an hyphen like in my name, Beatrix Carmen Victoria". In contrary to his father, he did not say what her calling name was.

Despite the calling name "Alexander", the regnal name became Willem-Alexander. "That is my name.", the Prince said in an interview.

The State Information Agency (RVD) stated: "Zodra de Prins van Oranje de troon bestijgt, is zijn oudste kind, Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Catharina-Amalia, de eerste in lijn en daarmee de troonopvolger. Zij is vanaf dat moment de Prinses van Oranje."

("Once the Prince of Orange ascends the throne, his oldest child, Her Royal Highness Princess Catharina-Amalia, is the first in line and thus the heir to the throne. From that moment she is the Princess of Orange")

The pertinent use of the double name in communications is -for me- an indication that she will be known as Her Majesty Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria, by the grace of God Queen of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Etc., Etc,. Etc.