Baptism of Princess Catharina-Amalia: June 12, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by DDD@Jun 9th, 2004 - 11:51 am
And it´s a tradition for a Dutch future heir to have a Swedish god parent
No it is not.

Originally posted by stacy+Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:58 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stacy @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:58 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-xxLindaxx@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:53 pm
RVD confirms that princess Victoria will be the godmother. Later today the name of the godfather will be published.
Thanx - is it usual to only have one godmother and one godfather in the netherlands? [/b][/quote]
For normal people yes.

As for heirs to the throne no. They always had 6 or 7 godparents.

Originally posted by royal_sophietje+Jun 9th, 2004 - 9:07 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (royal_sophietje @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 9:07 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by stacy@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:58 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-xxLindaxx
@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:53 pm
RVD confirms that princess Victoria will be the godmother. Later today the name of the godfather will be published.

Thanx - is it usual to only have one godmother and one godfather in the netherlands?
For normal people yes.

As for heirs to the throne no. They always had 6 or 7 godparents. [/b][/quote]
it seems like we can expect more godparents than just Victoria and some godfather then

Yup, English newspapers say that Victoria is just one of the godparents. Dutch newspapers are still counting on two, but we can really expect more.

Originally posted by didem@Jun 9th, 2004 - 5:43 am
What time is it Baptism Ceremony?
and
Which channel on ceremony is live?
The broadcast starts at 11.30 AM on Nederland 2.

Doop prinses Catharina-Amalia live

NOS Actueel zendt op zaterdag 12 juni rechtstreeks de doop uit van prinses Catharina-Amalia in de Grote of St. Jacobskerk te Den Haag. De NOS-uitzending is te zien van 11.30 uur tot 13.30 uur op Nederland 2. Presentator Maartje van Weegen praat met gast Jacobine Geel over de doopdienst die om 12.00 uur begint.

In de NOS-uitzending zal er extra aandacht zijn voor de rol van de vele kinderen die aanwezig zijn bij de doopdienst. Zo verzorgt het Nationaal Kinderkoor een deel van de muziek en worden er kinderen uit het hele land uitgenodigd om aanwezig te zijn bij de doop.

Prinses Catharina-Amalia werd op 7 december 2003 geboren. De dochter van prins Willem-Alexander en prinses Máxima wordt gedoopt in de Grote of St. Jacobskerk te Den Haag. Ook prins Willem-Alexander werd in september 1967 gedoopt in deze kerk. De doopdienst wordt geleid door emeritus-predikant ds. C.A. ter Linden. Ter Linden was eveneens voorganger bij de kerkelijke inzegening van het huwelijk van prins Willem-Alexander en prinses Máxima.

’s Avonds wordt op Nederland 1 (22.15-22.40 uur) een samenvatting van de doop uitgezonden.

This was posted by Netty at the Benelux Royals Message Board:

Just received the press announcement:
KONINKLIJKE GENODIGDEN, PETERS EN METERS BIJ DOOP PRINSES CATHARINA-AMALIA

Bij de doop van Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Catharina-Amalia, zaterdag 12 juni in Den Haag, zijn de Koninklijke Huizen van België, Luxemburg en Zweden vertegenwoordigd. Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Victoria van Zweden en S. (Samantha) van Welderen Barones Rengers-Deane
zijn meter, Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid Prins Constantijn, M. (Martín) Zorreguieta, mr. H.D. (Herman) Tjeenk Willink, vice-president van de Raad van State, en drs. B.M. (Marc) ter Haar zijn peter.

Hunne Koninklijke Hoogheden de Groothertog en Groothertogin van Luxemburg wonen de doopplechtigheid bij. Het Koninklijk Huis van België is vertegenwoordigd door Hunne Koninklijke Hoogheden Prins Filip en Prinses Mathilde.

Netty has translated it on the BRB:
Royal invitees, godparents at the christening Princess Catharina-Amalia
At the christening of Her Royal Highness Princess Catharina-Amalia, Saturday 12 June in The Hague are the Royal Houses of Belgium, Luxemburg and Sweden represented.

Her Royal Highness Princess (sic: Crown Princess) Victoria of Sweden and S. (Samantha) van Welderen
Barones Rengers-Deane are godmother, His Royal Highness Prince Constantijn, M. (Martín) Zorreguieta, mr. H.D. (Herman) Tjeenk Willink, vice-president of the State Council, and drs. B.M. (Marc) ter Haar are godfather.

Their Royal Highnesses the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxemburg will attend the christening ceremony. The Royal House of Belgium is represented by Their Royal Highnesses Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde.
Who is Marc ter Haar?!

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 10th, 2004 - 12:08 pm
Their Royal Highnesses the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxemburg will attend the christening ceremony. The Royal House of Belgium is represented by Their Royal Highnesses Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde.
no guillaume? :cry:

from GREMB posted by Henri M

Her Royal Highness Princess Catharina-Amalia will wear the christening gown which was used for the christening of her great- great- grandmother Queen Wilhelmina (1880), her great- grandmother Queen Juliana (1909), her grandmother Queen Beatrix (1938), her great- aunt Princess Christina (1947) and her father the Prince of Orange (1967).
The gown is made of precious Brussels lace and is 1,80 metres long. Right after the christening the gown will be on display in Royal Palace 'Het Loo' in Apeldoorn. Also the matching presentation-cushion, the christening-veil and the lace bonnet will be on display.
The gown used by the presentation of the little Princess on December 7th 2003 was not a christening gown but a 'presentation gown', which was used for the presentation of Queen Juliana back in 1909.

Marc ther Haar is a good friend of Willem-alexander

His son was page at their wedding

It was a little bit as I expected, tough I thought really they would chose an crownprince as godparent.

But no bad choices either.

Will we be able to see it on the net? Any lifestream? I hope so!!! Does anyone have a link?

I am not great at the time conversions...but I am on the West coast of the US - I am thinking that is 9 hours behind Amsterdam time?

Originally posted by megknight@Jun 11th, 2004 - 1:14 pm
I am not great at the time conversions...but I am on the West coast of the US - I am thinking that is 9 hours behind Amsterdam time?
Sydney 30.30 o'clock
Jakarta 17.30 o'clock
Moscow 13.30 o'clock
The Hague 11.30 o'clock
London: 10.30 o'clock
New York: 6.30 o'clock
Los Angeles: 2.31 o'clock

From Benelux Message Board
Posted by hja

We had a tour of the Church this afternoon and a lengthy briefing by the master of ceremonies.
The church is splendidly decorated - huge mobiles made from over one thousand childrens drawings and wonderful "pioen" roses, including the Festiva Maxima.

Prince Bernhard sr will not attend. He is on holiday.
Laurentien will carry the baby into the church.
The two youngest Van Vollenhoven princes will surprise.
The Christina and Irene children will for the most part be missing.
There is a role to play by the youngest generation, Isabella, Eloise etc
There will be no official photo with the Zorreguieta's.

Enjoy

Baptismal water is from the Jordan river and a gift from a Palestinean, Israeli and Jordanian.

Originally posted by xxLindaxx@Jun 11th, 2004 - 7:59 pm

Laurentien will carry the baby into the church.

Thanks for this information. But why princess Laurentien? Wouldn´t it make more sense if one of the godparents would do this...or the parents...or the Queen??

I think that what she meant was that princess Laurentien will caryy her own baby into the church. Catharina-Amilia will arrive as one of the last persons at the church with her parents.

Originally posted by DDD@Jun 11th, 2004 - 10:56 pm
I think that what she meant was that princess Laurentien will caryy her own baby into the church. Catharina-Amilia will arrive as one of the last persons at the church with her parents.
Ok I understand...thank you

Originally posted by Lena+Jun 11th, 2004 - 5:04 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Jun 11th, 2004 - 5:04 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DDD@Jun 11th, 2004 - 10:56 pm
Ok I understand...thank you [/b][/quote]
No, Laurentien will carry Amalia into the church.

I just read in the newspaper that the girlfriends of Floris and Pieter Christiaan will attend the royal christening. It is a surprise because it was a rule that girlfriends don't went in public unless they were officially engaged. Maybe because of the private character of the ceremony, that's also the reason that Mr. Zorrequita may be in church. Besides he sits next to the Queen! Ididn't thought she liked it that way!
She sometimes remind me of an iron lady. This week she forbid a Dutch minister in France to play the national anthem Het Wilhelmus. She said about it: "The Wilhelmus is from me!"What an arrogance. It is a song of the whole country and not a song from the queen. She really has to improve her image!

Maxima is with her outfit inspired by Mette-Marit at the baptism of Ingrid

The girlfriend of Floris, Aimeé is also invited. She walked with him into the church.

Originally posted by la fragile@Jun 12th, 2004 - 11:16 am
Where is Amalia? Why is she not in the church?
Yes, where is the main person?
From what I´ve seen so far (not much) it´s a great and very personal service...Maxima and Willem seem sooooo happy to me.

Maybe they didn´t want to stress the little girl. And it seems as if it has worked, she doesn´t cry...and she´s so cute :woot:

Now the godparents said, what they wish Amalia for her life...what an wonderful idea!

Back
Top Bottom