Baptism of Princess Ariane: October 20, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was a beautifull ceremony with all that kids, they can't yet quit on there place beeing but that don't matter. Not all kids where 'bekend'sorry I don't the name for that !!

I thought Maxima looked stunning, clothes and jewelry. She got it absolutely right. Laurentien looked better than Mabel except for the scarf and sqaure dangly earrings. Margriet looked nice. Anita was ordinary, she dressses very drab, boring.

Apart from the fact that the little girls are always cute I did not like their capes at all.

i also think maxima got it just right. very smart, indeed. i quite liked mabel's outfit, although perhaps it was a little bit too much for a royal christening.

amalia and alexia are two darlings. they seem to easy going and well-manered. amalia looks like she truly enjoys these kind of official events, i adore her lively and enthusiastic, always curious character. the priest also seemed to have lots of fun with the kids.

i agree, ines looks adorable with ariane. she must be super proud to be the godmother.

i was wondering if the clips of the baptism will be online at some point, perhaps the most important moments?

Last edited:
Thanks, the pictures are great. I love the picture of Ines with Ariane, it's very tender. But do you happen to know who that woman standing behind her is? Without meaning to offend anyone, but she's terrifying :eek:

Lady-in-waiting Mrs O.A. Gaarlandt-Van Voorst van Beest

Maxima looked great as usual in the baptism! I hope they are able to post the video for those who want to watch it or didn't watch it the first time. Amalia and Alexia looked so adorable. I suppose the both acted up during the ceremony!

W-A, Maxima, and the girls looked fabulous. What can I say about Lauentien? Dear God, her fashion just gets more and more bizarre with every occasion.

Oh, well ... a lovely day nonetheless.:flowers:

With the exception of Maxima, and Beatrix...I question the fashion decision of some of the ladies? What was Laurentien thinking...and Mabel looks a mess!

The kids looked lovely....I adore Alexia's and Amalia's dressess (without the coat). Any pics of Annette and Anita?

Also, I was a little surprised that Laurentien wasn't made a godmother? She is not one of Amalia's godmothers, right? I know Amalia has her name as a middle name and she carried her into the church for her baptism...but no godmother status.

With the exception of Maxima, and Beatrix...I question the fashion decision of some of the ladies? What was Laurentien thinking...and Mabel looks a mess!

The kids looked lovely....I adore Alexia's and Amalia's dressess (without the coat). Any pics of Annette and Anita?

Also, I was a little surprised that Laurentien wasn't made a godmother? She is not one of Amalia's godmothers, right? I know Amalia has her name as a middle name and she carried her into the church for her baptism...but no godmother status.

Alexia has her middle name, NOT Amalia

I thank everyone for the photos. We would NEVER have seen any of them here in America if not for you kind people. I just want to say that one couple that seems never to be commented on, but always looks wonderful and correct at ALL times, is Princess Margriet and Pieter Van Vollenhoven. In my opinion they just seem to have it 100% correct in their outfits plus always look so pleasant in nature. They really impressed me at WA 40th birthday party. Some of the younger crowd could take a few lessons from them!

Thank everyone again for all your hard work in providing the photos.

The three girls are too cute for words! but Amalia...wow... she takes my heart away.

Princess Maxima looks FANTASTIC:) Amalie and Alexia looks so cute:) And I think Mabel looks horrible:bang: She have really BAD taste in clothes.

Well, Laurentien looks horrendous! Mabel, well I have the sneaking suspicion that she is pregnant again between this outfit and the one at W-A birthday, so maybe she can be excused... although it is a rare occurance that I care for her fashion choices!

What a lovely ceremony, I enjoyed watching it a lot. The kids... All of them were so precious, each in his/her own way. :wub:

When it comes to fashion, I'm afraid everyone looked various states of terrible, apart from Maxima (who looked brilliant, that silver outfit was perfect, and the hat was very lovely too) and young Ladies and Gentleman (girls and Claus Casimir, that is).
Even the Queen looked awful, imo. That outfit reminded me of a nightgown and clown's outfit at the same time. Mabel and Laurentien... I usually don't mind how they look, giving credit to their special and unique style, but this was just too much.

Last edited:
I think that Mabel and Laurentien (Petra) had such a horrible outfits because they want to have attention. They are so jalous at Maxima because they are not a crown-princesses, and Mabel isn't member of the royal family even.
Maxima has a style.

I think that Mabel and Laurentien (Petra) had such a horrible outfits because they want to have attention. They are so jalous at Maxima because they are not a crown-princesses, and Mabel isn't member of the royal family even.
Maxima has a style.

It's also possible that they just don't have a proper taste, it happens to most people, you know. ;)

I enjoyed the service very much! I thought all the children crawling around were very adorable. :wub: About the fashion: oh well. They all did what I expected them to do. Maxima wore some good old & boring Natan, Laurentien and Mabel looked ridiculous, Margriet was lovely and the Queen wore a curtain.
Imo, princess Anita (who just kept things simple, I wish more of them would do so) looked the best of the younger generation and princess Irene of the older generation (together with Maxima's mother).

But the main point is that it was a lovely service, of course. :flowers:

Imo, Laurentien looked horrible, I dont have words to describe how awful she was. I can't understand how such a smart woman can be so tasteless. She has no notion about style and elegance.

Mabel with her Pierrot look was not very elegant but at least the color of her dress was very pretty and proper to a Baptism.
I loved Amalia and Alexia's dresses (without the coat). Princess Amalia is so Pretty! :wub: I smile everytime I see her cute little face!

I liked Máxima's hat. It's an original piece and it fits her face very well! But I don't like her outfit's color. Not for a Baptism. I think the right colors to wear when you attend a Baptism are pink, blue, beige... light colors, not shiny ones (imo, of course).
Máxima's mother was one of the most elegant ladies of this events. Once again, I don't think red is a nice color to a Baptism but the outfit itself is amazing! :)

In my perspective, the atmosphere was pretty joyful and happy in an autumn day. We see that the kids have grown up alot and they provided great and cute moments for the event.
In my opinion, Maxima well, she looked fine. But not too much great from her, i think she normally, can do better than this. The outfit is fine, just the colour grey, and too plain, just say in compared to the one of Alexia's baptism. The one i most like is for CA's baptism, really the best!
The mother of Princess Maxima, looked really young for people at her age. For Princess Laurentien, she sometimes dresses pretty good, but well, she is known for her usual obvious outfits, so not that much for us to comment.
It's great to see Princess Margriet again. It was a pity that she did not attend the German State Banquet. Also noticed Princess Irene was there as well, great to see her in new outfit. But does anyone notice, i am not too sure that she looks more thinner and abit not well, maybe someone can notice it more clearly. And Princess Christina, she did not attend, anyone know?

Inès Zorreguieta is so different from Máxima. I would never say they are sisters. About her outfit: I don't like the red beret at all, and the dress with those colorful circles was not very pretty either :sad:

. I love this photo ! I Inès seems very proud in her role! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom