Baptism of Princess Ariane: October 20, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The girls are lovely and Princess Ariane is very similar in physical features to her elder sister, Princess Amalia. In fact the three girls are very similar to each other. We must wait some years to see how each of them will really be.

Inés Zorreguieta was beatiful, but I didn't like her outfit for a Christening ceremony. She looked like "Lily Marlene"! :D:lol:

The Queen always looks excellently, but I admit that this violet outfit was not one of the favorites of mine. :ROFLMAO: And Maxima`s mother was very stylish, but the photographer just caught her after bowing before the Queen and she seems to be dancing "La Conga" from Cuba!!! :ROFLMAO::D

Vanesa.

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but doesn't princess Anita's hair piece look a lot like the one worn by Crown Princess Mary at both her childrens christenings? No matter what I like these modern pieces and Princess Anita looked very elegant. The royal ladies will have many years and occasions to wear ordinary hats later, it's nice with something different.
I also liked Princess Margriet's outfit, she looked great!
Considering the time of the year, I think it's quite nice with autumn-colours such as red, orange and apricot and I liked Mrs Zorreguita's outfit as well. I'm not fond though, of the black outfits I saw in the audience. That's not a suitable colour for a christening according to me.

I think you are right Hanna Regina about the floral head piece of princess Anita, it´s equal of Crown Princess Mary one.

I was underwhelmed by C-C's behavior. its natural for kids to be rambunctious but he was really pretty bratty. perhaps he's spoiled because he's the only male grandchild.

Question: did anyone else think this baptism was "grander" than Alexia's? the church seemed bigger, there seemed to be more guests. it just struck me as a bigger event.

There were some problems because of the size of the church in which Princess Alexia was baptized. (I think it was the size, maybe it was something a like.)

I loved the dresses and capelets that Amalia and Alexia wore. Very appropriate for the occasion. Maxima looked beautiful.

while i agree the little boy was the biggest brat and yes the parents should have taken control of them, it did add a certain charm to a family event. i'm sure the grownups knew with children involved anything can happen (remember the norway christianing with FIRE!!!! and children involved:eek:) i thought it was a lovely service (couldn't understand much, but the vicar had a lovely voice and kindly face and certainly was amused and not offended by all the antics around him, like the queen- she was laughing too:flowers:) and having the cousins involved was very sweet if a little rampunctious. that said imo no small children should attend any reverent service, they can't and shouldn't be expected to sit like little robots for 20 minutes, much less over an hour. the weddings i've seen when someone with no sense brings their little darling who ruins the whole experience for everyone not to mention the video, it's just rude.

After the Service did they host a lunch or dinner (party) for the 850 guests?

I agree with those who are saying that the way the children were behaving was a bit much. I honestly thought it was a tad disrespectful that during this solemn event, the children were being allowed to act like they were on Romper Room or in their bedrooms at home -- rolling around, throwing pillows in the air, yelling....that sort of thing.

I understand that to this family it is important that all the children are involved, but if you know they can't sit still for the whole service or that they will be out of control if you let them be with each other, you leave them at home. My parents used to do with my sister and I all the time. My grandmother would watch us if our parents were going somewhere they knew the both of us would be unable to behave at. It was rare, but it still happened.

It was disgraceful, IMHO.

Inés Zorreguieta was beatiful, but I didn't like her outfit for a Christening ceremony. She looked like "Lily Marlene"! :D:lol:

hahahaha! So funny, Vanessa! My cousin said exactly the same! :lol: :lol:

I agree with those who are saying that the way the children were behaving was a bit much. I honestly thought it was a tad disrespectful that during this solemn event, the children were being allowed to act like they were on Romper Room or in their bedrooms at home -- rolling around, throwing pillows in the air, yelling....that sort of thing.

I understand that to this family it is important that all the children are involved, but if you know they can't sit still for the whole service or that they will be out of control if you let them be with each other, you leave them at home. My parents used to do with my sister and I all the time. My grandmother would watch us if our parents were going somewhere they knew the both of us would be unable to behave at. It was rare, but it still happened.

It was disgraceful, IMHO.

Yes, the children are not the guilties, parents are. I know in a ceremony like this one is difficul to keep them quiet or to be firm with them in front of the cameras but allow them to behave like that was not a very royal thing to do. :)
I smiled when I saw the children out of control but I still think it was more a show than a royal Baptism. A Baptism is not only a ceremony or an event where you show your pretty cloths, but the most important Sacrament for Christians.

In what way was it not your idea of a christening? It is very different from the ones I am used to as well, but the sermon was nice IMHO. The music was nice too, but very little religious hymns. And (related to this) it always stikes me as odd to do a baptism on a saturday, can´t think of anybody else who does/did that apart from our royals.

Nothing was wrong with the sermon or the church, its just that I felt that the childrens behaviour annoyed me every now and then and thats just not my idea of a christening, children running around, throwing with decorations..

Thank you for these last ones! The children looks adorable.

And Princess Maxima seems to have found HER hairdoss! Bravo! :D

Vanesa.

I rally think Maxima was a knockout, second only to Princess Annette, (pregnant for the 3rd time) Makeup and hair were impeccable for a change!
I observed on Friso and Mabels body language and facial expressions that there is some uneasyness, anyone know anything? Also their oldest daughter doesn't seem to be the happiest girl in the world, is she scared of crowds?

I still can't see the service past the children entering. Really frustrating!:bang:

Does anyone have the video of Ariane's christening where in the kind of before-footage, it shows Willem-Alexander, Maxima, Amalia, and Alexia playing in the garden, the house, etc? I think it's the full christening. (P.S., if anyone knows the link to just the first video of them playing in the garden for W-A's birthday, could you PM me with the link?)

I really disliked Maxima's outfit. I thought the material was awful.

Back
Top Bottom