Baptism of Princess Ariane: October 20, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The godparents wishes for Ariane:

Guillaume

May the graces of God be granted to Ariane who will be baptized on this solemn day and may that the Lord grant her a full-filled live. Lord, bless her parents to whom Ariane represents the most valuable of gifts.That this child may always remain in your eyes a gift of God and the fruit of an unceasingly growing love.
Anton Friling

Moge je familie, met hun onvoorwaardelijke liefde en eenheid, een voorbeeld en toeverlaat zijn op jouw levenspad om een eerlijk en goed mens te worden die, in de kunst van het geven, de werkelijke waarde van het leven zal vinden.
Valeria Delger

My dear Ariane, I wish you a life full of joy, health and peace. May you be blessed with the love of unconditional friends that will help you stay true to yourself throughout this wonderful journey.
Inés Zorreguieta

Dearest Ariane, I truly hope that, looking always for balance and flexibility, you can turn into who you intend to be, that you can recognize and learn from your success and errors, that you can at all times develop the eagerness of learning from good, bad, your own and from other´s things, and last but not least I hope that along this path you can come to realize that affection and love are the primary, the ultimate and the most essential things in life.
Tijo Collot d’Escury

Lieve Ariane, ik wens je de kracht toe om loyaal te blijven aan jezelf, om je eigen weg te kunnen gaan, daarbij oog te hebben voor je medemens, en mede je geluk te halen uit de kleine dingen om je heen.

(sorry, I don't have the time to translate the wishes of Anton and Tijo)

I created some Avatars of the event. You can find them here and here.

Now my comments ;):
It looked like a wonderful family event! Isn't is simply great to see all the Oranje kids together?
Each of them is simply adorable! The Crown Princely kids, the van Vollenhoven juniors as well as Constantijn's and Friso's beautiful children.
Lovely, lovely!

Máxima looked really beautiful. I love her hairdo but the hat isn't really my cup of tea.... anyway: it's much better then the enormous hat she wore for Alexia's christening!

Mabel & Laurentien: Halloween has coming to town!! hehehehe

I love children but i agree with myriam. To this kind of royal ceremony (very different from a birthday party!) the children behaviour was just awful. I dont get how Queen Beatrix allowed this! i think we are in presence of a bunch of future bad educated adults. Their nannies and the parents should be there controlling them.

Maxima dress was lovely.

Mabel looks.......well, like what I expect from Mabel- not that great. I really, really hate that clown collar!

Maxima looked lovely, except for the shoes- if they weren't platform, I'd like them a lot.

I thought Amalia's little capelet was adorable!

And Guillaume looked hot........

Thanks for posting the wishes of the godparents Marilyne, here a quick translation of the two Dutch ones (though the first spoken with a very heavy french accent, I assume mr Frilng is from Wallonia?)

Anton Friling

Moge je familie, met hun onvoorwaardelijke liefde en eenheid, een voorbeeld en toeverlaat zijn op jouw levenspad om een eerlijk en goed mens te worden die, in de kunst van het geven, de werkelijke waarde van het leven zal vinden.

May your family, with their unconditional love and unity, be an example and support during your life to become a good person who, in the art of giving, will find the true value of life.

Tijo Collot d’Escury

Lieve Ariane, ik wens je de kracht toe om loyaal te blijven aan jezelf, om je eigen weg te kunnen gaan, daarbij oog te hebben voor je medemens, en mede je geluk te halen uit de kleine dingen om je heen.

Sweet Ariane, I wish for you to have the strengh to stay loyal to yourself, to be able to go your own way, while having an eye for the people around you, and that you can get happiness from the small things around you too.

Last edited:
Pictures are wonderful thanks all for posting. I must say that Maxima looked the best today in her silver outfit & a lovely weird hat which screams Maxima all over it imo.

I agree. She looked stunning. The best-dressed, IMO. Can't say that for her two sister-in-laws but then again, it IS Mabel and Laurentien so clearly no shocker there:ROFLMAO:

BTW, Dazzling, I love your avatar!!!:flowers::flowers:

Thanks for the translations marilyne and Marengo. They were nice to read. All very heartfelt!

I dont think that anyone has posted the formal photo yet, have they? Well here it is, sorry if they have.

(I also found it bigger here)

Those girls are adorable. thank you so much for all the pictures

Where to being? :) All the children are so adorable, running around and playing while the ceremony is going on. I love the picture of the priest baptising Ariane, and Claus-Casimir is sticking his head into the font! :D Didn't really like Amalia & Alexia's caplettes, but loved their pink dresses! Máxima looked 100%, brilliant colour, style and headpiece. When I first saw her headpiece (I only saw a picture from the side), I was like :neutral:, but then I saw pictures from the front and back and it looks great. Laurentien and Mabel are clearly back to their usual selves which is a shame. Annette really seems to love knee-high boots. Anita looked great in red, and Ines looked very nice, I loved her coat :)

Thanks everyone for posting pictures and videos!

:rolleyes:picx were all awazing, PMaxima looked chic, I'm sure she's happy that she doesn't have same style as her sisters in law:D
Amalia & Alexia are happily growing, Ariane will grow up to be another beauty in the Orange family.
@the very end of the video, you can see Maxima & the queen craking up, I wonder what happened;)

I like Maxima's outfit except for its color. Warm colors would be nice like pink or any other baby colors. Mabel's... well I'm not expecting anything elegant from her..her fashion style is not good. Always the wrong outfit plus with that clown collar! What was she thinking?!:rolleyes: Ines' looks like military for me. I think the Queen got it right this time.

My take:

Maxima looked amazing. Really, A+++++. I loved the suit, the hat and the jewelry.
Mabel and Laurentien looked their usual......disastrous. I have no clue what possessed Laurentien to leave the house wearing an couch-cover, but she needs to burn it. Immediately. That cape/cloak thing didn't match the outfit and the hat? Oh geez. Does the woman own a mirror? Mabel would have looked alright without that ridiculous collar and a different pair of shoes.

Those two need serious fashion counseling.

I dont think that anyone has posted the formal photo yet, have they? Well here it is, sorry if they have.

(I also found it bigger here)

The formal photo was lovely. Its cute they have included their daughter in the picture & also sweet that each of them got their own little chair :D

Amazing pictures. The girls are just adorable, I could talk about them forever, they look so cute in their matching outfits. Maxima looked like Sister Morphine already said, very chic.

:rolleyes:picx were all awazing, PMaxima looked chic, I'm sure she's happy that she doesn't have same style as her sisters in law:D
Amalia & Alexia are happily growing, Ariane will grow up to be another beauty in the Orange family.
@the very end of the video, you can see Maxima & the queen craking up, I wonder what happened;)

When Maxima and the queen cracking up, I think that was when Claus-Casimir is sticking his head into the front, when the priest baptising Ariane:)

I watched it live and it was lovely. Did anyone else hear one of the children calling Maxima! Soo cute:wub:

The godparents wishes for Ariane:

Guillaume

May the graces of God be granted to Ariane who will be baptized on this solemn day and may that the Lord grant her a full-filled live. Lord, bless her parents to whom Ariane represents the most valuable of gifts.That this child may always remain in your eyes a gift of God and the fruit of an unceasingly growing love.
Anton Friling

Valeria Delger

My dear Ariane, I wish you a life full of joy, health and peace. May you be blessed with the love of unconditional friends that will help you stay true to yourself throughout this wonderful journey.
Inés Zorreguieta

Dearest Ariane, I truly hope that, looking always for balance and flexibility, you can turn into who you intend to be, that you can recognize and learn from your success and errors, that you can at all times develop the eagerness of learning from good, bad, your own and from other´s things, and last but not least I hope that along this path you can come to realize that affection and love are the primary, the ultimate and the most essential things in life.
Tijo Collot d’Escury

(sorry, I don't have the time to translate the wishes of Anton and Tijo)

do the godparents write their own wishes or is it some kind of "standardised" kind of thing?

i believe ines' hat is the same maxima wore during the prinsjesdag 2004.

was mistaken about laurentien looking good or at least better than mabel, had only seen her sitting down in the morning, saw in the evening on tv the whole outfit......... eeks.
Amalia was very cute trying to sing along but some of the kids were too old to be lying down on the floor and holding their hands in front of their ears, if they can not handle it do not put them in that situation.
Do not get the red alpino of Inez, like the one Maxima once wore on koninginnedag, what's the charm of it, perhaps something south american.

The pictures are so nice, thank you to all who posted them!
I mostly love the behind-the-scenes-pictures of the kids having
fun, it's such a wonderful ceremony if kids can do what they
like, playing and talking, what a wonderful atmosphere, we also
had that in Norway for example.

Lovely ceremony!
It was so cute when everyone was laughing so hard when the kids just layed there on the floot, they much have had so much fun ... Hihi.
The best dressed lady of the day was Anita ! She just nailed it with the coat and the head dress, even though the tone of red she wore is a little red for me.

I can not get over little Leonore! Oh my, she is the cutest thing! What a little doll :wub: She's all blonde, and that light pink suit she wore was sooo adorable. Goshh, she's just the cutest thing.

Zaria and Emma have grown a lot too. Beautiful girls !

Laurentien and Mabel .. There are no words, honestly. As usual, lol. Allthough I do like the headpiece Mabel wore. It was cute.

Maxima's outfit. I do like it, but there was something that wasn't right. It was grey, yes, but that's not the problem - she wore grey at Alexia's christening, and she looked perfect then. I think it was the whole metallic thing. I don't know, for me it just wasn't a christenings outfit. I'm loving her earings -

ARIANE is so beautiful! What a doll ..

Intresting to read that their were about 850 guest's, Did not expect so many people:cool:

Princess Ariane christened on Saturday
Saturday 20 October 2007
Princess Ariane, the third daughter of crown prince Willem-Alexander and princess Máxima, was christened at the - article

Did anyone else have any trouble with the NOS video? I am trying to watch it but it freezes just as the children are enterinng the church:bang:

Did anyone else have any trouble with the NOS video? I am trying to watch it but it freezes just as the children are enterinng the church:bang:

I am having the same problem! It's so very frustrating. I even tried downloading the video to my realplayer and it still stopped at the same point [children walking in]. Does anyone have some suggestions as to what to do?

Back
Top Bottom