Baptism of Princess Ariane: October 20, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just plugged in and are watching it live now. But I'm confused, I just saw Maxima sitting in church also Willem and the Queen, but where is the baby???

I wonder who will bring the children into the church. The flowers look lovely.

No they are not in the church from what I can see. But they are there somewhere as Eloise, Claus Casimir, Leonor, Luana and Zaria as well as AMalia, Alexia and Ariane arrived with their parents. I expect Sam and Anna are also there as it listed them on the guestlist. Perhaps they will parade in with the baby.

Princess Margriet is now giving a reading

This is the first dutch christening service I'm watching live so this is all quite new for me. But it just seems very strange to me that it's Ariana's christening and yet she's actually not in church in her mommy's arms :lol: That's something unthinkable in SPain. So will she be carried in later on then, with all the other children as well?

Thats what I'm guessing but this is my first live christening too! I remember from Amalia's christening she was carried in by Princess Laurentien with the other royal children followong:flowers:

Does anyone know of another live link than NOS?

yeah! the kids are coming in :D Wow what an emotional moment. Ines is so little. The kids look so beautiful, and Arianna has grown so much

Last edited:
OMG was that Leonore just running around with this big smile on her face? So cute. All children are just so charming.

Does anybody know in which language did Ines made her wishes for Ariane??(spanish, english or duch??)

It was in english. I missed most of what she said as my link is freezing up terribly:flowers:

Yes it was in English, quite well spoken as well. I was secretely hoping she would speak spanish though

guillaume, valeria and ines said their wishes in english, the others in dutch. i guess spanish or french wouldn't be allowed and all foreign godparents had to speak in english. the baron and anton did theirs in dutch.

maxima is super elegant in grey. i love her hairpiece.

amalia, alexia and all the other babies and children seem to be around playing and generally wandering around. quite adorable.

mabel (wow!). she looks superb, as far as i could see. she is dressed in pink and her hairpiece seems amazing. the queen is dressed in purple and i think carmen zorreguieta is dressing in bordeaux.

it´s the same for me maybe it´s just too much people are using the link.i just see some images every 5 minutes.anyway the girls are wonderful

I was hoping for Dutch:rolleyes:

Haha, poor Ines. SHe looked nervous enough as it is, imagine how she would have been had she been planing to speak dutch. :D It doesn't strike me as the easiest language in the world, spanish much easier :flowers: (I'm a bit biased though)

funny moment: all the babies were laying down on the altar and looking as if they were falling asleep. general laugh in the church, including the queen and princes and most guests... :)

Haha, poor Ines. SHe looked nervous enough as it is, imagine how she would have been had she been planing to speak dutch. :D It doesn't strike me as the easiest language in the world, spanish much easier :flowers: (I'm a bit biased though)

Yes of course. But she knows how to speak Dutch quite well;)

funny moment: all the babies were laying down on the altar and looking as if they were falling asleep. general laugh in the church, including the queen and princes and most guests... :)

Amalia&Alexia look so cute:wub:

yes! they do look cute. i love the pink dresses and pink little old-style jackets they are wearing. simply cute, although perhaps i'm old fashioned.

yes! they do look cute. i love the pink dresses and pink little old-style jackets they are wearing. simply cute, although perhaps i'm old fashioned.

Well that makes two of us (old fashioned) then, because I just love the dresses and jackets. They look just so adorable in it. :wub: IMO this is how you should dress little girls for such an event and not the way Leonore and (i think it was) Zaria were dressed. Sure the trousers are convenient for such a small child, but it seemed more like pyjamas to me. All the children were very charming though. :wub:

I saw it to. The kids was adoroble it was fun watching them. When it comes to the kids you never now what will happen. I love the queens outfit it suited her well. I luv the videoshoot from home when the crownprince-couple played with their kids. They really loves dad.

Annette looked very good too. Of course the crownprincess outfit was also goodlooking.

Well, I laughed my head of with these kids.

Claus-Casimir throwing the pillows in the air, running around and throwing with even more pillows. Leonore was walking around too, from her parents to her sister and back again. Amalia pretended to sing along with the final hymn, opening the book containing the programme of the service. The kids pretending to sleep during some speech/music that they found boring, another time they were putting their hand against their ears as they obviously didn´t admire the soprano´s voice. Alexia lost her bow somewhere and Amalia´s hair at the end of the service was completely out of order. Luana was rather quiet and shy compared to the others, never letting go of her stuffed sheep & staying with her mother most of the time. Samuel and Isabella were fed up at the altar quickly too, after 5 minutes they went to their mother as well. When they left the church, Constantijn and family wanted to pose for the camera´s, but Leonore soon had enpough of it and kept walking forward, likewise Alexia was more interested to look what was inside her purse than in posing for the camera´s and she quickly had enough of it too and headed for the car.

The sermon of Rvd van der Boon was very nice, and to underline it they borrowed a painting of the Catharijneconvent in Utrecht. A paining by Rembrant showing Phillipus baptising an entheopian eunoch/minister. Nice that Princess Margriet was the one who read from the bible btw, a nice tribute.

Ines Zorreguita was obviously nervous and shy, she walked curved and she trembled while she handed over little Ariane to Maxima. Didn´t care much for the coat and hat but it was appropriate for her I think, young at least.

Now about the clothes, some got it wrong and thought they were going to a costumed party; Laurentien tried to impersonate Mary Poppins while Mabel went as Barbara Cartland. The Queen had a nice hat this time and Mrs. Zorreguieta looked elegant as usual. I noticed she was wearing the Orange earrings of Maxima while Valeria Delger wore the new purple ones that we first saw in Slovenia.

Maxima ok, didn´t care much for the shiny fabric but still the overall look was elegant enough, esp. on television. Annette looked ok, her normal look, Anita however was the most elegant of the younger ladies. Both Margriet and irene had nice outfits and looked very well. Apparently they made a mistake on the guestlist as it wasn´t Prince Jaime but his brother Carlos jr. who attended the christening.

Last edited:
That was a lovely service. Hopefully there will be a video later today somewhere showing Ines carrying Ariane. I missed that part and most of the parts with the children as my screen was frozen.
Loved Maxima, Mabel and the Queen's outfit. Princess Annette (I think it was her in the red with cream headpiece) was the best dress I think.

Back
Top Bottom