Baptism of Princess Ariane: October 20, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mabel looks like a cupcake. Amalia and Alexia looked so cute, i love the dresses and the coats.

Ariane looked so sweet, I think she looks like Amalia. Maxima looked radiant, I thought her outfit was wonderful.

What can you say about Laurentien and Mabel's outfits. I nearly gagged when I saw them.

Thanks Regina, I've been waiting for these. I was starting to wonder hola wouldn't publish any. They're great. Maxima looked wonderful, the girls were so sweet :wub: Ariana is a lot like her father I think

:wub:What cute pictures. Those little girls aere so cute in their matching outfits. I wonder though why did they wait until the baby is 7 months old to christen her?To me they are so cute when they are small like a 1 or 2 months old.

There are some very beaiutiful pictures on this site as well.
Royalportraits
Does anyone know how we might be able to see the bigger version of them?

Wonderful pictures! I love the Dutch Royal Family because they exude such happiness and love for each other which was apparent today. Maxima seems to always look her best at her daughter's christenings doesnt she? She looked really good except I didn't like that her top was [purposely] missing a few buttons, I juts thought that was kind of weird. Amalia is a gem! She's so poised and confident and happy all the time (a lot like Beatrix!). She'll make a great Queen some day. Its so great to see all the children there. From the pictures it looks like Amalia and Eloise are close with each other which is cute. I thought Amalia, Alexia and Eloise were dressed aborably. I wonder why Annette had Samuel dressed so casually though?

Thanks A Lot For All The Info And Pictures!! Great Job!

Pictures are wonderful thanks all for posting. I must say that Maxima looked the best today in her silver outfit & a lovely weird hat which screams Maxima all over it imo.

The children looked beautiful, all grown up, cute in their pink capes, they just all looked like dolls walking around. The pictures of the actual baptism taking place in the chuch where to precioues especially with the little children looking on as it was taking place.

I must admitt that today was the day when princess's of the Dutch family really experimented with fashion, some weird outfits.

a few picture galleries from isifa
Outside the church
Inside the church

Who is the woman in the green striped dress with Crown Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg? Is that his sister, Princess Alexandra?

No, that's Valeria Delger, one of the close friends of Maxima and also a godmother to Ariane. :flowers:

Also, is Ines a half-sister of Maxima?

No, Maxima has half-sisters, but Ines is her 'real' sister...

Now about the clothes, some got it wrong and thought they were going to a costumed party; Laurentien tried to impersonate Mary Poppins while Mabel went as Barbara Cartland.

thanks for the wonderful commentary marengo and to everybody that gave us photos and video. the church is beautiful and it was fun seeing the kids cutting up. maxima was her most elegant, she's wearing my overall (of everybody) favorite hat of the year- just perfect. i liked annettes boots but the clashing of seasons was jarring, straw hat, summery dress and boots, she has a very pretty face, lovely smile. i do want mabels shoes (fabulous), poor girl she just tries too hard and with way too much going on- pompoms on the hair band, ruffle collar (kinda "clowney"), buttons. i can't begin to list whats off about laurentien, i might like the hat if i could focus away from the cape, the clashing colors and those horrible shoes. liked anitas outfit except for the hair thingy she must have borrowed from mary, (it looks just like what she wore to both of her childrens christianing) but the coat/dress is pretty. imo best dresssed after maxima is princess irene, love the color and cut of the suit, classic but modern and nice hat and shoes.

we didn't get a picture of floris and aimee.. did they finally no attend? they were in the guestlist.

anita's outfit was indeed very powerful. i loved the red colour and think it made her look really elegant. not sure about anette, and i didn't see either marilene or aimee to judge. maxima was just superb though. i quite liked what mabel wore, although i totally agree it was a bit too much perhaps for a royal christening and would be something i would expect to see in a private dinner with friends or a catwalk visit rather than something as official as this.

maxima and willem-alexander looked quite emotional when magriet was pronoucing a speech or reading the bible. does anyone know what she was saying?

i simply loved the moment when they all laughed at eloise pulling the priest's robe... :)

Last edited:
we didn't get a picture of floris and aimee.. did they finally no attend? they were in the guestlist.

I think because they just welcomed the new baby they decided to stay at home.

How much younger is Ines than Maxima? Does anyone know, she looks quite young, 27 maybe?

Maxima looked lovely. The children are all adorable. The queen looked nice. Mabel looked as someone said like a "cupcake" that came to life. Ines looked like Che Gueverra in drag.

That was the arrival,here's the departure,courtesy Royalportraits.
Royalportraits
:flowers:

Thanks Lucien, the pictures are lovely. I especially love the one of Alexia carrying her mommies bag. Is there any way we can get the bigger version of these pictures, they're just so precious :wub:

she should be around 20-22 years old. she was just about to finish high school when maxima got married.

Really?? that young?? wow, I say she was young, but never imagined her to be that young. aww, that's so sweet, Maxima's baby sister was godmother :wub:

I reallly thought the key people today looked lovely. On first glance, I thought Maxima's outfit was perfect for the occassion. Willem-Alexander looked great as well. I love seeing him walking with his girls. Ariane is adorable. She does seem to look a little different then her sisters. Alexia seems shy and well, Amalia, obviously outgoing. Amalia is really getting big and she just loves the crowd. Hopefully, that never changes!

The Queen looked nice and so did Maxima's parents. Not so sure about the 2 that chose to wear something resembling a clown collar. Guillaume looked nice, but young(Yes, I know he is quite young). I think when he has some facial hair though it helps him to look a little older/mature.

all the orange children are cute!!!!! it was such a good occasion to see all the little kids show up with their parents! I like Maxima's outfit, it fits the occasion and it is elegant! it's funny in one pic how Ariane is trying to pull Maxima's top and the buttons might come off!

among other royal ladies....I think that the best dress is Princess Anita in the big red outfit! It's elegant, and suited for this baptism! Her head piece looks really nice with her overall appearance! It also reminds me of princess mary's headpiece in both of Christian and Isabella's baptism.

Lovely Ceremony :flowers:

Maxima looks classy; Queen Beatrix looks pretty; Mabel looks pregnant :) and Laurentien looks... perfect. I know, I know, you hate her outfit (I hate it too) but I just love this Princess irreverence when it comes to fashion.

I liked the way Ines looked, she was so nervous but so sincere. She was not posing for the cameras 'oh look at me, look at me!', she was just proud to be there. I think maxima could learn a bit with her younger sister.

I think children should behave well in public since they are small children. Dutch royal children are lovely but their behaviour today was a bit disturbing. Throwing pillows in the air and jumping up and down the stairs should be avoided. I know they are just kids but I prefer well behaved children like the belgian or danish royal children. Teaching your children self control is working for their future happiness.

Some rather interesting clothing choices at this baptism! Can't say a single one is to my own personal liking, but the important thing is that every one looks well pleased to be celebrating the adorable babies baptism.

W-A and Maxima's girls are real charmers.

Back
Top Bottom