Baptism of Princess Ariane: October 20, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Inés Zorreguieta as a godmother: this was for sure.
Great to see she was chosen.
Guillaume is a great choice too!

Anyway it's disappointing to see neither Letizia nor Mette & Haakon on the guest list.
I really hoped to see those 3 on the list..
I expected Mette or Haakon to attend the christening since Máxima is Sverre Magnus' godmother. The Norwegian doesn't say something about an official engagement of the couple for this weekend. So, strange to see they aren't on the guest list....
I still hope Letizia, Mette or Haakon will be added to another guestlist . :lol:

I'm soo exicted because a little cousin of me is going to attend... :):p

I am missing Mathilde. I thought she would be also choosen to be godmother to Ariane.
I am really looking forward to the baptism of Ariane. Amalia will be surely well behaved but I am not sure about Alexia. She appears to like running around and can't sit or stand still.

Is anyone knowing if there is anylink where i can see it tomorow???

Or if it is telecast in german television?

I am missing Mathilde. I thought she would be also choosen to be godmother to Ariane.
I am really looking forward to the baptism of Ariane. Amalia will be surely well behaved but I am not sure about Alexia. She appears to like running around and can't sit or stand still.
But Mathilde was already the godmother for Alexia, so they wouldn't have chosen her twice.

If you are watching the live internet link from the UK then what time would the programme be beginning invluding arrival of guests, family and the Prince of Orange family?

Wow, thats it`s exiting. Are you going to attend too?

at catharina amalia's christening, what they did was inviting some children (neither royal family, or close friends, just a bunch of commoner kids from different provinces), so i guess perhaps they decided to do that again. a great idea, in my opinion, very down to earth and interactive.

i'm also quite excited with the choice of godparents, although quite surprised nor haakon or mette-marit were chosen as godparents. not of letizia, though, as those were just rumours, but we know for a fact maxima and mette-marit are good friends. i think there was a good reason for choosing guillaume and not them, and i'm sure they were understanding - perhaps they offered guillaume in advance if he wanted to be godparent of the next baby. however, i'm sure the norwegians will attend the christening at least. the fact that they are not there doesn't mean they don't attend: after all, that's just dutch royals. no mention about the rest.

At what time does the ceremony starts? Including arrival of the guests?

If you are watching the live internet link from the UK then what time would the programme be beginning invluding arrival of guests, family and the Prince of Orange family?

That would be at 10.15AM GMT which is 11.15 Central European Time = the time here.Hope you all enjoy!
:bishop:

yes! that appears to be a list of godparents!
-Valeria Delger
-Ines Zorreguieta
-Guillaume of Luxembourg
-Tijo Baron Collot d’Escury
-Anton Friling

- Valeria Delger is close friend of Maxima and bridemaid at the wedding
Picture: ANP Beeldbank

- Inés Zorreguieta is younger sister (1984) of Maxima, bridemaid at the wedding and Ariane is named after her.
Picture (right): http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5985/dscn00981ah.jpg (Caras)

- Guillaume of Luxembourg, that's clear
Picture ;): http://www.nettyroyal.nl/images/guillaume1.jpg

- Tijo Baron Collot d’Escury, friend of W-A and witness at wedding
Picture (right): ANP Beeldbank

- Anton Friling, friend of W-A and Maxima. His son was pageboy at wedding.

Last edited:
Nice Picks so will it be more low key than say there first child?

That would be at 10.15AM GMT which is 11.15 Central European Time = the time here.Hope you all enjoy!
:bishop:

Thank you lucien! I can't wait:flowers:

A bit disappointed there will not be any foreign guests except Guillaume.
It will be his second the first being Emmanuel of Belgium if my memory serves me right

Great choice of godparents! Can't wait for tomorrow and Maxima's attire!

Is there an English-language broadcast?

Is somerwhere a direct link....

Thanks, i love you for that :)

Is it normal that this don´t work??? Or only in 2 hours?

Its not playing yet for me either. Maybe another few minutes and it will start:flowers:

Are there any other live links available apart from NOS. It keeps freezing:bang:

it so much bigger than the baptism of Alexia (why?)

Back
Top Bottom