Baptism of Princess Alexia: November 19, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdas1201

Heir Presumptive
City
Houston
Country
United States
Princess Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien, the second daughter of Crown Prince Willem Alexander and Crown Princess Maxima, will be baptized on November 19, 2005 at Dorpskerk in Wassenaar. The church is near the De Horsten Estate where the couple reside.

The programme in dutch (from koninklijkhuis.nl):

Doop Prinses Alexia in dorpskerk Wassenaar, 19 november 2005

Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Alexia, de jongste dochter van Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid de Prins van Oranje en Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Máxima der Nederlanden, wordt zaterdag 19 november gedoopt in de Dorpskerk in Wassenaar. De dienst wordt geleid door ds J.A.D. (Deodaat) van der Boon, de vaste voorganger van de Dorpskerk. Prinses Alexia werd zondag 26 juni 2005 geboren in Den Haag.

Een kindercantorij zingt een dooplied als Prinses Alexia wordt binnengedragen. In de kindercantorij zingen kinderen uit de Wassenaarse Dorps-, Kieviet- en Messiaskerk onder leiding van Anneke Jansen-Kot. Verder wordt de muzikale bijdrage aan de dienst geleverd door Het Residentie Kamerkoor onder leiding van Jos Vermunt, Rijk Jansen, cantororganist van de Dorpskerk, Christianne Stotijn (zang), Mienke van der Velden (gamba), Erica Waardenburg (harp) en Paul Pleijsier (gitaar).

any of the godparents were announced?

i can't wait until the 19th to see how alexia is growing up and see more photos of her!!

Will it be on dutch television?
Does anyone know that?
I hope it will!!

carlota said:

i can't wait until the 19th to see how alexia is growing up and see more photos of her!!

No, not yet. I hope that the crownprice of Belgium will be one of the godparents, but I rather expect a (protestant) scandinavian crownprince. Frederik is not going to Monaco on Sunday so who knows... maybe he has a busy weekend somewhere else in Europe ;)

I expect Laurentien as a godmother and maybe Inez Zorreguitta as godmother as well (or Maxima's own godmother -and aunt-, Marcela Cerruti)

carlota said:

no anouncement yet but I think its a safe bet Laurentien and Maxima's aunt Marcela will be among them.

Is Alexia being brought up Protestant or Catholic?

Here's my godparents guess:

Prince Johan-Friso
Princess Laurentien
Maxima's aunt
a government minister

mybags said:

Prince Johan-Friso
Princess Laurentien
Maxima's aunt
a government minister

we have wait and see at christening let Crown Couple chose for godparents of baby Alexia

if Maxima chose Princess Laurentien same Princess Catherina's christening because she is godmother/aunt.

but we have wait and see at christening this weekend okay.

Sara Boyce

My guesses:
-Princess Laurentien
-Prince Johan-Friso
-Ines Zorreguieta
-Marcela Zorreguieta
-Or any royal: prince felipe or letizia

mybags said:

Prince Johan-Friso
Princess Laurentien
Maxima's aunt
a government minister

do you have a specific government minister in mind?

also, i'm not really up to date on dutch royal godparents have ministers been asked to fill that role for dutch royal babies in the past?

I think it won't be very likely they'll choose a government minister as a godparent... I think it'll be all in the family and one godparent from another royal household or a friend of the family. But we'll see! :)

yes, i also agree that marcela and laurentien are safe guesses. will they invite other royals? i'm quite sure there will be a representative from belgium and luxembourg as they are really close. also, maxima and mette marit or letizia seem to get along quite well.
i would say either mathilde or mette marit would probably be godmothers this time (either them or their husbands, phillipe or haakon).

I thought Catholic parents who were married in the Church (I seem to recall that Maxima & Wilhelm had a Catholic officiant at their wedding) pledged to raise their children Catholic. What's the deal here?

Probably she received absolution from Rome. In any case it was made quite clear that the children will be raised in the dutch reformed religion.

Maxie said:
I think it won't be very likely they'll choose a government minister as a godparent... I think it'll be all in the family and one godparent from another royal household or a friend of the family. But we'll see! :)

They will probably ask somebody from politics as a godparent. Remember that one of Amalia's godparents is the chairman of the counsil of state. One of Willem-Alexanders godfathers was Prime minister J. Zeilstra, Constantijn had one of the founding fathers of the european union as godfather: Max Kohnstamm and Friso ohas some sort of politician as well I believe. Maurits had the dutch merchant fleet, Floris the Canadian legion and Bernhard and PC probably has some kind of institution as well.

I donot expect anybody from the present gouverment as a godparent though. Maybe former Prime Minister and Former UN commisioner of the refugees (who had to resign after a smearing campaign by a certain country) will be asked....if he can keeps his hands in order of course ;)

Marengo said:
I donot expect anybody from the present gouverment as a godparent though.

Neither do I. No big surprise I think. :D

Marengo said:
Maybe former Prime Minister and Former UN commisioner of the refugees (who had to resign after a smearing campaign by a certain country) will be asked....if he can keeps his hands in order of course ;)

LOL. One never knows with him, that's true. ;)
But if they'll choose a politician it definately could be Lubbers. I was thinking of him too...

Maxie said:
Neither do I. No big surprise I think. :D

LOL. One never knows with him, that's true. ;)
But if they'll choose a politician it definately could be Lubbers. I was thinking of him too...

oh goodness! I hope it won't be lubbers. he's fine to me, but i live in that certain country and work with a bunch of UN haters and i don't want to have to take flack from them over "rude lovers" being godfather to a princess.

Please Maxima, spare me that!

pollyemma said:
He's fine to me, but i live in that certain country and work with a bunch of UN haters and i don't want to have to take flack from them over "rude lovers" being godfather to a princess.

You work for American republicans?:eek:

do we know whether they're going to announce the official guestlist & who's gonna be the little princess' godparents? or they're just going to do it at the actual baptism?

purple_platinum said:
do we know whether they're going to announce the official guestlist & who's gonna be the little princess' godparents? or they're just going to do it at the actual baptism?

well its Friday now and no list has been forthcoming so I'm assuming we'll just see who's invited as they arrive.

I do think its a bit weird that the godparents at the very least werent anounced ahead of time.

oops sorry: here's a guest list.

De heer J.H. Zorreguieta en mevrouw M. del Carmen Cerruti de Zorreguieta
Professor mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven
Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid Prins Friso van Oranje-Nassau, Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Mabel van Oranje-Nassau en Luana Gravin van Oranje-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg
Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid Prins Constantijn der Nederlanden, Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Laurentien der Nederlanden, Eloise Gravin van Oranje-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg en Claus-Casimir Graaf van Oranje-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg
De heer Juan Zorreguieta
Mevrouw Dolores Zorreguieta
Zijne Hoogheid Prins Maurits van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, Hare Hoogheid Prinses Marilène van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven
Zijne Hoogheid Prins Bernhard van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, Hare Hoogheid Prinses Annette van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven
Zijne Hoogheid Prins Pieter-Christiaan van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven en Hare Hoogheid Prinses Anita van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven
Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid Prins Carlos de Bourbon de Parme
Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Margarita de Bourbon de Parme
Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Carolina de Bourbon de Parme. Ook de minister-president, mr.dr. J.P. Balkenende, en de voorzitters van de Eerste en Tweede Kamer der Staten-Generaal, mevrouw mr. Y.E.M.A. Timmerman-Buck en drs. F.W. Weisglas wonen de dienst bij. Daarnaast zijn ongeveer 500 officiële genodigden, vrienden en bekenden
van Hunne Koninklijke Hoogheden de Prins van Oranje en Prinses Máxima in de kerk aanwezig.

[FONT=verdana, arial]and Godparents: Mathilde of Belgium is to be godmother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Mathilde van België
mevrouw drs. Alexandra Jankovich de Jeszenice
Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid Prins Friso van Oranje-Nassau
Heer Juan Zorreguieta
Jonkheer mr. Frans de Beaufort
[/FONT]

No Princess Laurentein. Oh well, she's got her name so I guess they figured that was enough. It's very nice that they chose CP Mathilde since she and Maxima are great friends and I'm sure she'll take the role of Godmother very seriously.

well.. it's quite a surprise with no laurentien...
but i'm glad they choose Mathilde.
will Philippe & Mathilde attend the baptism? they didn't mention in the guestlist.
Floris & Aimee are also missing from the guestlist.

Back
Top Bottom