Baptism of Princess Alexia: November 19, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...sorry and I meant to add, I think the same of Maxima's mother's outfit and Mabel -- the gray just doesn't do much -- and at a cold time of year it seems to make them look cold and kind of sallow and flat. Just my opinion...

Pictures from RTL without watermarks:)

Attachments

• Alexia_4_4-2.jpg
    Alexia_4_4-2.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 405
  • Alexia_6_402.jpg
    Alexia_6_402.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 387
  • Alexia_7_402.jpg
    Alexia_7_402.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 2,275
  • Alexia_10_402.jpg
    Alexia_10_402.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 419
  • Alexia_11_402.jpg
    Alexia_11_402.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 343
  • Alexia_12_402.jpg
    Alexia_12_402.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 2,565
  • Alexia__13_402.jpg
    Alexia__13_402.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 2,691
Pictures from ANP without watermarks:)

Attachments

• 9.jpeg
    9.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,541
  • 8.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 275
  • 11.jpeg
    11.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 1,286
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 450
  • y.jpg
    y.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 245
  • ya.jpg
    ya.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 249
  • yb.jpg
    yb.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 308
  • yc.jpg
    yc.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 266
  • yd.jpg
    yd.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 276
  • ye.jpg
    ye.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 276
Picture from AD without watermark:)

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 263
How far is the drive between Brussels and Amsterdam? Does anyone know if Phillippe and Mathilde would have driven in this morning or flown in?

Mabel has GOT to be trying to kill me! What is she doing with the felt ruffles and the gothic lipstick?! She should not be allowed to make any fashion decisions ever again. Laurentien always does strange things with fashion, but it's her style to do that, I suppose. Mabel just looks TERRIBLE!:eek:

#1: Godfathers and godmothers, from left, Prince Johan Friso, Alexandra Jankovich de Jeszenice, Juan Zorreguieta, Princess Mathilde of Belgium and Frans de Beaufort, stand next Deodaat van der Boon, during the christening ceremony of Alexia, held by Princess Maxima, while Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, right, holds Catharina-Amalia at the Dorps Church in Wassenaar, the Netherlands, Saturday Nov 19, 2005. (AP)
#2: AP

Attachments

• ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 628
  • ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 435
im really like Maxima's outfits and also hats looks terribles but its really lovely! and im really like Mathilde's outfits looks nice and Princess Laurenterin looks great on color of her and also hats not looks bad! and mabel's outfits looks like as ruffles but get rid of it! i would agree with spiffyballerina and needs new outfits for mabel!

but Princess Amalia looks cute and walk around in the church but she is 1 years old

Sara Boyce

Emily said:
How far is the drive between Brussels and Amsterdam? Does anyone know if Phillippe and Mathilde would have driven in this morning or flown in?

Emily, the event was not in Amsterdam but in the town of Wassenaar, which is basically right next to the Hague, which probably means Mathilde would fly into Rotterdam, which is south of the Hague. (yes, folks, there's so much more to the Netherlands than Amsterdam ;)

(you can use mapquest.com or yahoomaps if you're really interested :)

***By the way, here's another video of the event from RTL news.

http://rtl.nl/actueel/rtlnieuws/video/

Click on any link with the name 'Amalia' in it.

This footage has a one liner from Mathilde in it: she has a wonderful voice and hte most sincere smile.***

And last: Alexia looks like a mix of Beatrix and Maxima, don't you all agree? and is, truth be told, a ton better looking than her sister did at this stage (but luckily for poor Amalia she has grown into a lovely little lady)

Alexia is beautiful but, where are the kids??! Isabella, sam, Anna, etc?

princess olga said:
***By the way, here's another video of the event from RTL news.

http://rtl.nl/actueel/rtlnieuws/video/

Click on any link with the name 'Amalia' in it.

This footage has a one liner from Mathilde in it: she has a wonderful voice and hte most sincere smile.***

The music and the church bells ringing sounded beautiful. I wish there was a longer video of the service.

I have never heard Mathilde speak before and she does have a very sweet and beautiful voice. It is not what I expected though. I think I expected something more girly and wispier sounding, but she in fact has a very firm and dignified voice. Can Mathilde get any more perfect?

C-A is SOOOOOOOOOOO cute! I love the pictures of her running around. She definitely stole the show!

Also, CP Mathilde looked very beautiful! She always does, so I shouldn't be surprised anymore! :)

Genevieve said:
The music and the church bells ringing sounded beautiful. I wish there was a longer video of the service.

I have never heard Mathilde speak before and she does have a very sweet and beautiful voice. It is not what I expected though. I think I expected something more girly and wispier sounding, but she in fact has a very firm and dignified voice. Can Mathilde get any more perfect?

Know exactly what you mean, isn't it fascinating? Mathilde in my view can do no wrong, I'll admit that. Heard Stephanie's voice too, today, very kindof girlish with a smoker's edge! Maxima's voice is great, too actually, very deep and warm. (ha we should do a thread about royals and their voices) Too bad though that, to me, maxima always comes across as some sort of exagerated version of whoever she might really be, almost as if she's acting. I guess that's why she tends to irritate me sometimes, I can't help it.
Mathilde comes across always as more herself, seemingly of course, I don't know either lady in person.

i totally love what Amalia wore... she looks like wearing her first gala gown.
well, not really... but i like she wore long gown, as oppose to normal short gown / coat with stocking.

This baptism seems to have more subtle colour, unlike Amalia's with lots of colours. but, they all looked so elegant.

oh yeah, why didn't Friso & Mabel bring Luana? i thought she was on the guestlist. (i'm sorry if this question has been answered before)
it's too bad we don't see lots more of orange-nassau & vollenhoven little childrens, like Claus-Casimir, Luana, Anna, Isabella, Lucas, and Sam.

How many people have worn the dress Alexia was babtized in??

C-A is very cute in the video, they arrive at the place at 5 minutes or so, and we will see C-A says some babytalk, and also LACHEN! which mean Laugh in Dutch.

The baptism dress has been worn by Queen Wilhelmina, Princess Juliana, Princess Beatrix, Princess Christina, Prince Willem-Alexander, Princess Catharina-Amalia and now princess Alexia. I don't know if the other children of the younger generation have worn it too/

some photos from hola.com without watermark :

Attachments

• 01-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    01-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 655
  • 02-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    02-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 229
  • 10-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    10-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 467
  • 11-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    11-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 13-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    13-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 264
more of the guests from hola.com (also without watermark) :

Attachments

• 03-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    03-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 391
  • 04-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    04-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 470
  • 05-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    05-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,773
  • 06-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    06-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 503
  • 07-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    07-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 566
  • 08-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    08-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 242
  • 09-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    09-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 211
  • 12-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    12-bautizo-alexia-a.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 260
Very nice pictures of the baptism, Alexia is such a cutie. They are a wonderful family and I like how Queen Beatrix enjoyed the whole event.
Amalia definitely was the star herself :D She makes me laugh all the time I look at the photos ;) Very cute little girl.

carlota said:
oh emilia! did she actually say that? how cuuuuuuuute!!! :eek: i can't believe she was brave to say that. she seemed quite shy and quiet, but it's great to see she has such a determined personality. can you tell us more about the moment? why were the journalists calling her? i kind of think that is quite bad, to address to a kid, it must be confusing for a little girl being called as if she was a adult.

She realy said it:) ? I was quite suprised too!
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=215174&d=1132415555

At this picture , you can see Amalia starring to all the journalists . Why where they calling her ? well , I think to get her attention , and see her smile . Also Maxima was saying HEEEE! with a big smile on her face , so I think she found it funny too;) She wasn't shy at all , as in the summer-photoshoot . I think Amalia didn't relalised they where calling her person .But when she heard " Amalia !!" I think she tought : Heey , I'm Amalia , I'm here , and it's my name ! :) If you get what I mean

Last edited:
i'm also really happy to see she is not shy at all. just looked at this picture of her talking with a lady: wonder what she wanted to tell her... isn't she cute pointing with her chubby tiny arm? :)

i saw a video now, when they arrived. although i couldn't really understand it, i thought the people form the press where shouting her name and willem alexander told her "who is amalia?" or something like that and she said "i'm amalia!" they all laughed... :)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=215362&d=1132442667

A big thank you to everyone for posting pictures. What a happy family! I loved Maxima's expressions during the actual christening!:eek:

Thank you every one for all of the pictures and info! I actually liked Maxima's outfit today and Amalia & Alexia are absolutely adorable! W-A looks like such a proud father. I'm so happy for the whole family.:) :) :) :)

Thanks for the links Mette, both sites have really great pictures!:)

Mette2 said:

From the link Mette2 posted, is this Maria Carolina, Irene's youngest daughter who is with (first picture) Prince Bernhard Jr. and his wife Princess Annette and (second picture) with her older sister Princess Margarita?

And can anyone help to identify who this couple is?

Source: Royal Portraits NL

P.S. I never realized what a busy week this was for Willem and Maxima: First a visit to Morrocco for several days then back to the Netherlands for their daughter's bapstism. I wonder if they were jet lagged on Saturday?

The Star of the show was so cute And so was C.A. running around the church it made me smile

Back
Top Bottom