Baptism of Princess Alexia: November 19, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maxima's brother Martin is not on the guest list either.

Floris and Aimee may still be on their honeymoon. though, that would be a very long honeymoon...

and i guess princess margriet is not comming as well? does she has to represent the queen for monaco's enthronement ceremony?

Also Margriet is not on the guestlist (perhaps because she comes back from South Asia today). And Máxima's sister Ines is also not on the guestlist.

But Filip and Mathilde will attend the baptism, according the RVD.

I am thrilled to read about Mathilde being a godmother, although it does not surprise me, given some of the photos I've seen of them, their work on microcredit together and what I've read about their friendship. Bravo! Lucky Alexia.

I am going to wassenaar with my twinsister to make pictures of the royal family and of course princess mathilde and Prince pilip of belgium. My camera just got back today from the factory so i can make beautiful pictures!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

dutch royal said:
I am going to wassenaar with my twinsister to make pictures of the royal family and of course princess mathilde and Prince pilip of belgium. My camera just got back today from the factory so i can make beautiful pictures!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

and you'll post them ALL here won't you please???!!! I am so jealous.

:p :p I must see and wait until i have the pictures , if they are good enough to publisch on the forum:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pollyemma said:
[FONT=verdana, arial]and Godparents: Mathilde of Belgium is to be godmother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial]Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Mathilde van België
mevrouw drs. Alexandra Jankovich de Jeszenice
Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid Prins Friso van Oranje-Nassau
Heer Juan Zorreguieta
Jonkheer mr. Frans de Beaufort
[/FONT]

Woow, her godparents-list is very impressive, more impressive that the one of her sister. 4 of the 5 godparents are noble or royal. I think that drs. Alexandra Jankovich de Jeszenice must be a noble person too, couse with that name:eek:
Her sister had just only 3 royal or noble godparents:eek:. a bit of a pity ha.
But it is all about the close ties they have with these family and friends, noble or not
Princess Catharina-Amilia's list:

Marc ter Haar
Martín Zorreguieta
HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
HRH Prince Constantijn
Herman Tjeenk Willink, Vice President of the State Council of the Netherlands
Baroness Samanta van Welderen, born Rengers-Deane

Oh, Dutch Royal, even if they aren't what you think of as good, we are a very appreciative audience of all pictures! Lucky you to get to go!

So no Princess Irene and Princess Christina?I think Princess Irene has missed quite of events this year.

I'm so glad that Princess Mathilde is gonna be Alexia's godmother , that's very nice !! It is a great choice , because she is great with children .
It shows also the friendship between Maxima and Mathilde.
I'm so excited now !
I think it is also the first time Mathilde is a godmother , al least of a royal baby.

Can you imagine in the future , Maxima , Mathilde and their children together on a birthdayparty for Alexia ?:cool: Elisabeth and Amalia will get great friends , and maybe love between Alexia and Emmanuel ??:D ( Okaay i'm just dreaming !:) )

Emilia said:
Can you imagine in the future , Maxima , Mathilde and their children together on a birthdayparty for Alexia ?:cool: Elisabeth and Amalia will get great friends , and maybe love between Alexia and Emmanuel ??:D ( Okaay i'm just dreaming !:) )

Actually, There is a stupid law, since the indepence of Belgium, made around 1830, that Dutch princes absolutely could not marry an Belgian princess, or vice versa. But we all know that that law nowadays means nothing now.

the other´s sisters of Maxima are not on the list either!

DDD said:
Woow, her godparents-list is very impressive, more impressive that the one of her sister. 4 of the 5 godparents are noble or royal.

yes, people from the Lucky Sperm Club (that's the term the Venerable Donald Trump is said to use when he meets a royal, he is said to greet royals with a "Ah, you're from the lucky sperm club!" It sure takes an American to put some perspective on the increasingly irrelevant phenomenon of nobility)

are well represented for this baptism. I understand it as these people represent friends of the royal couple, but it is disappointing that they couldn't include perhaps a Dutch immigrant from Maroccan decent or sth.
Maxima is always so gung ho about representing the immigrant population and wanting to help them, she should try to practise what she preaches. Just my humble opinion, folks.

princess olga said:
yes, people from the Lucky Sperm Club (that's the term the Venerable Donald Trump is said to use when he meets a royal, he is said to greet royals with a "Ah, you're from the lucky sperm club!" It sure takes an American to put some perspective on the increasingly irrelevant phenomenon of nobility)
No, it takes a noveau riche twit like him who enjoys the celebrity and exploitation of his name and thinks he himself his high society in the United States.

Please do not go by his words as representing "all Americans". There are many aristocratic U.S. families who would never invite him to dinner.

He just shows he has no class.....

Last edited:
Lady Marmelade,

I appreciate your comments, but with all due respect, I never said Donald Trump represents all Americans.

And as for him being nouveau riche..Actually, his parents were millionaires, but anyways, I have generally more respect for someone nouveau riche than for a born-to-the manor royal. The reason for that is simple: at least a nouveau riche earned his/her wealth entirely on their own. More commendable, wouldn't one agree, than simply being born into wealth, non?

By the way, I do agree Trump is a twit, and way too flashy for his own good. But he <is> amusing, and being a twit doesn't mean he cannot hit the nail on the head from time to time, and saying what a lot of people are thinking, right?

And as for class..pff..that's entirely overrated term, if you ask me. The Dutch royals pay for their class by way of the Dutch tax payers, for example. Classy indeed! ;)

allright everyone, I see I veered way off topic with my last post!

On topic then, I didn't realize Mathilde and Maxima were friends, I mean, I'd read that, but thought that was what the media made of it. But thinking of it, it makes sense: they have a lot in common role- and life style-wise, and besides that they both seem to be naturally gregarious women. go figure! :)

Yippeee! They chose Mathilde as a godmother! Such wise people... :D
(Needless to say, but I really really do like Mathilde :))

looks like princess alexia's maternal grandparents has arrived in the netherlands.
they're enjoying themselves in Haarlem
(photos from ANP)

Attachments

• 3203527.jpg
    3203527.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 398
  • 3203528.jpg
    3203528.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 427
  • 3203531.jpg
    3203531.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 382
princess olga said:
Lady Marmelade,

I appreciate your comments, but with all due respect, I never said Donald Trump represents all Americans.

And as for him being nouveau riche..Actually, his parents were millionaires, but anyways, I have generally more respect for someone nouveau riche than for a born-to-the manor royal. The reason for that is simple: at least a nouveau riche earned his/her wealth entirely on their own. More commendable, wouldn't one agree, than simply being born into wealth, non?

By the way, I do agree Trump is a twit, and way too flashy for his own good. But he <is> amusing, and being a twit doesn't mean he cannot hit the nail on the head from time to time, and saying what a lot of people are thinking, right?

And as for class..pff..that's entirely overrated term, if you ask me. The Dutch royals pay for their class by way of the Dutch tax payers, for example. Classy indeed! ;)
I dont think I could ever say i have more respect for someone who earned their money as opposed to someone who inherited it. its all about the way you live your life yourself.

you can have climbed your way up from nothing all through your own effort but if you're vulgar and unkind, i still wont respect you.

what i like about aristocracy is that these people dont have to climb up by their own efforts so they dont have to concerned about maintaining their status. this allows them to be gracious to others. (that's not to say that selfmade men are never gracious or aristocrats cant be snobs) but anyway, i love the underlying principle.

Emily said:
Oh, Dutch Royal, even if they aren't what you think of as good, we are a very appreciative audience of all pictures! Lucky you to get to go!

It is very earley in the morning that i must get on my way to wassenaar but i don,t mind doing it!!!!:p :p :p :D :D

It's not like Donald Trump earned his money anyway. That's the story he likes to tell, but he inherited a TON of money. It's easier to make a lot of money when you have a lot to start off with. I agree with Lady Marmalade that he does NOT represent the wealthy people of America with his attitude - that's all his own.

spiffyballerina,

again, I did NOT say he represents or represented the American people, American wealth or anything other than himself. I <did> say he is not "new money" as, as I said, indeed he started out as a son of millionaires. Please read my posts before you all get on your high horse. :)

I'm now gonna watch tthe batism on Tv , i hope I will see a lot of happy faces l!:)

First picture, ANP

edit: and second

Attachments

• 3205279.jpg
    3205279.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 572
  • 3205282.jpg
    3205282.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,061
Last edited:
And more, ANP

Attachments

• 3205297.jpg
    3205297.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 2,534
  • 3205300.jpg
    3205300.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 775
  • 3205302.jpg
    3205302.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 3,041
i just love the tradition where the godparent are making a wish for the child.
And Amalia was so cute in the church

Back
Top Bottom