The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Aristocracy

I find her bright, warm & caring. She has a beautiful smile.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana
My God, if those are ugly legs!! i think her legs look good for a normal body, shes not a supermodel!!!!!
I agree. Though the 'problem' with her legs is, in my opinion, that she tends to wear these shoes with "collar" that magnify her somewhat wide heels. That makes the hole picture of "not so nice legs". Still I think the legs match her strong body complexion.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Courtier

She has a healthy body, not even very curvy just not Letizia/Mary/topmodel, but I love it. Just like Catherine Zeta-Jones(OT).
I think we're giving her a hard time with the legs/thighs thing. I like her body, I do.

And as Vanesa said it, PLEASE Maxima, next time we see you on an official apperance, I HOPE YOU HAVE A NEW HAIR CUT - seriously. The hair is bad, not Princess material
Old 05-24-2007, 07:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not a graet connoissor of the Princes of Orange and particularly of Maxima.If it's sur she isn't the most "regal" of the nowadays Crown princesses, we can say that she is matching up very well with her husband who isn't also very princely. The both looks at very healthy people, not very refined with a good dosis of spontaneity and self control. The fact, it's true, that Maxima is very often on the edge of a messy look, but it doesnt mean that she is a messy personn. She belongs, IMO, at this kind of women who cant never be impeccable for a long time, it's in her nature. Happily, she can make up for her great intelligency and her facility to understand quickly and deeply the problems.
It's true that before to be the so hair spay figured of her mother in law, the Queen of Neederland, she have a lot of work but the question is to know if it's important that she catch her mother in law's look?

I didn't read all the posts of this thread but regarding the little Amalia, she seems to me, yes mischievous but very charming , the trubble will be when she will teen ager if she will becoming too spoil that I'm not convinced
Old 05-25-2007, 04:28 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I agree that Maxima looks messy from time to time but so does WA and some other family members. But for me it doesnt matter because the Dutch just love their royals the way they are. Maybe someone less outspoken or stiff would not have won the publics hearts that fast. Her smile is priceless!
From all CPs I think Maxima is the one who has met her match in terms of the Royal House / family / country the married into everything suits her personality. When WA announced his engagement I thought poor woman because, looking at Prince Claus, a foreigner himself, he would be the first one to agree that his life was not easy, although it seems he had a very happy marriage with Beatrix.
I have to admit that I was quite astonished when I followed Maxima in terms of what she achieved, it seems that she just hit the nerve of the Dutch people. She surely made WA and the monarchy stronger and I never have the impression that she comes across fake I think she can be just herself, which is an important key to success. Plus, despite some rumours, it seems that she always had the full support of Queen Beatrix, who gave her opportunities to prove herself and find her position from the beginning.

So I think she was very lucky and shell have an easier way compared to her peers because the circumstances just fit.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:40 AM
Courtier

I would be very, very much surprised if Maxima is just putting on a show; she seems very real to me. Her warmth and happy disposition distinguish her (which Amalia seems to inherit from her). I agree that she does look messy at times, but then who can be immaculate 24/7? I like to think that when she does, it just means that she has more important things on her mind. She also seems to be a hands-on mother and that is something to consider besides her heavy workload. As Henri M. pointed out, Maxima can also be very, very elegant. She has a lot of traits that certainly make up for looking messy at times, although a little more elegance doesn't hurt (this messy hair issue makes me think of Mabel, only Laurentien among the 3 doesn't get criticized for it...but then she has short hair and it basically looks good with just wash and wear).

She comes from a good social background, had excellent schooling and career as a banker. She's willing to learn and do her job - and much more - and for me, that makes her worthy of being a Princess of the Netherlands.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 05-25-2007, 06:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
And as Vanesa said it, PLEASE Maxima, next time we see you on an official apperance, I HOPE YOU HAVE A NEW HAIR CUT - seriously. The hair is bad, not Princess material
What kind of hair cut would that be? She's gone through several different lenghts, and also changed her level of 'blondeness' quite a lot... please don't suggest the Laurentien do...
Old 05-29-2007, 04:52 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I think she just should put it up, or have it backwards, like in Oslo or during Queensday 2006. I am not a great fan of the loose strings, as it looks messy and not to nice.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:01 AM
Serene Highness

Marengo, I agree. I'm growing a bit tired of looking at the messy hair. A bun is much nicer, but I can understand that she does not want her hair up all the time. At least style she should style it properly when on duty.

But that's not the most important thing, of course. She's one smart lady and I think that's more important in the end. (But something nice to look at wouldn't hurt either, of course...)
Old 05-29-2007, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I agree about the hair, tends to be messy most of the time & its about time we see it up or in a pony tail from time to time. Other than that, i think she seems to be good at what she is doing, apperances's isnt always everything. She doesnt have to look good to do good at what she is doing. Maxima might be comftable at the way she looks with the messy hair & the ugly shoes with wide heels and that is more important than looking good and not comftable.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really love Maxima and enjoy her personality I really do think though that with all the resourses at their command there is little excuse for getting it wrong. She does and a lot most unusually lately yes ok pregnancy but it I just think whoever helps her should stop experimenting and go back to what really suits classic cuts longer skirts less busy streamline. I think she is getting bad advice.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Aristocracy

Perhaps we could start a new thread about royals with messy hair!

I agree that Maxima's hair has been rather 'windblown" perhaps with good reason (he pregnancies, etc.) or perhaps she doesn't really care that much about her hair, or perhaps she thinks it looks good that way on her.

Another cp that whose hair I find annoying is cp Mette-Marit -- it seems so lank and unkempt at times. The few times she has put her hair up, or away from her face, I have been stunned by her natural beauty and fine facial bones.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Courtier

I just cannot belive the discussions that are going on here...

People are focusing on her "messy hair" and her "ugly legs". Oh I see! For some people this is the most important thing about a Crown Princess: She has to look good, has to wear expensive designer clothes and has to have a topmodel-body.

Who cares about work here?
Maxima is doing a wonderful job as dutch Princess.
She always shows her wonderful and open personality.
That's what I like about her!

Honestly I like most of all the European Princesses... even if some people cannot belive it. I mean.. it seems some people have the opinion :Maxima has messy hair! How can you like her then?
Old 05-29-2007, 04:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix

People are focusing on her "messy hair" and her "ugly legs". Oh I see! For some people this is the most important thing about a Crown Princess: She has to look good, has to wear expensive designer clothes and has to have a topmodel-body.

Who cares about work here?
Maxima is doing a wonderful job as dutch Princess.
She always shows her wonderful and open personality.
That's what I like about her!

Honestly I like most of all the European Princesses... even if some people cannot belive it. I mean.. it seems some people have the opinion :Maxima has messy hair! How can you like her then?

Whoa, Princess Beatrix -- rather a harsh reprimand on your part, I think!

I feel that I love Maxima, whether she has messy hair or not -- and all the work she does and the breath of fresh air she has brought to the royal family and how she has revitalized interest in the royal family with her hard work.

That really isn't what this thread is about. If you carefully read what the other posters have said, I don't think that there has been any malicious criticism of Maxima ... just some rather mild remarks that are quite true.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix

I dont recall reading a post that Maxima had to dress in expensive designer cloths nor did i read that people dont like her because of her messy hair and that she doesnt have any legs...

I think everyone here likes/admires Maxima in a way or another. No one can look good 24/7 at the end of the day she is just one of us. People are giving their opinion here and whether they like her or not to the way she looks or dresses...
Old 05-30-2007, 06:18 AM
Courtier

I know that many people like Maxima and didn't want to attack anyone or being harsh...
It's just so going on my nerves that some people always focus of the Princess "legs" and "hair" and always compare her with Mary or Letizia. Well, but I'll read through this thread another time and maybe I'll find out what some members wanted to say.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M. View Post
I don't know if miss Mxima Zorreguieta Cerruti did qualify as a social climber or a gold digger anyway.

She comes from a privileged family, with a house in Recoleta (residential area in Buenos Aires), with an hacienda (studfarm) in Pergamino, with a house in Punta del Este (Uruguay) and a chalet in San Carlos de Bariloche (the Sankt Moritz of South America). The family uses to be in polo sports, quite an upper class activity. As an adolescente Mxima already had a subscription on the Opera (not for the music, but as THE place to meet and greet 'our sort of people'). She did attend a private primary school led by German nuns, went to a private bilingual (English-Spanish) British style secondary girls' school, the most expensive of Buenos Aires (Northlands College). She went to university and soon, as a foreigner (with a green card) managed it to settle in the Manhattan haute finance, living in a $ 4000 per month appartment. That is not 'mainstream' life.

Yes, marrying a royal Prince is hors categorie, but really 'gold digging' and 'social climbing' seems not at order here. The financial and social 'gap' between bride and groom seems much smaller than between Letizia-Felipe, Mette Marit-Haakon, Mary-Frederik, etc.
I agree, Henri. Thus I would like to say that her family's appartment in Recoleta is probably not 'tremendously luxurious' (a building from the 50's probably), and the area in Recoleta where it is located is not the 'top' (Uriburu & Juncal), as it would be, for instance, Alvear Avenue (where the five star hotel Beatrix and the princely couple stayed at while in Buenos Aires is located).

I found a link to a website created by the 'neighbours of Recoleta' in she is mentioned as a somewhat former 'star neighbour':

http://www.conozcarecoleta.com.ar/famosos/maxima_zorreguieta.php

"No solo famosos del espectculo, escritores y polticos han elegido vivir en Recoleta, sino que tambin fue el barrio donde vivi la actual Princesa de Holanda, Mxima Zorreguieta, en un edificio en la calle Uriburu 1252" ('Not only famous people from show business, writers and politicians have chosen to live in Recoleta, but it was also the neighbourhood where the current Princess of the Netherlands, Mxima Zorreguieta lived, in a building in Uriburu 1252')

I wouldn't be surprised if it became a part of some city tour.... (and since the website offers city tours...could already be possible!)

But still, in perspective, yes - she wasn't carrying a mainstream life anyway.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:28 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

When looking at other Royal Houses or the peers of Maxima I always come back to one conclusion:

For me, Maxima is the most successful CP around in European Royalty. Why?

- She's a perfect match for WA, their marriage is obviously very happy and they form a nice family with their three daughters.
- She was lucky enough to marry into a Royal House that suits her personality and therefore the overwhelming acceptance of the public.
- From the beginning, she was accepted by Queen Beatrix and the public as the person she is, not forced to change or transform into somebody who could be useful for the future of the Dutch monarchy.
- From the beginning, she was taken seriously and included in all kinds of royal duties - either with WA or alone - and was allowed to establish her own profile and make use of the assets she has - eg putting emphasis on integration as Maxima is a foreigner herself or on economics, keeping in mind her professional background, instead of reducing her abilities to collect flower bouquets or talk about breastfeading.
- As a consequence, these days she is recognized as a true character who is established and accepted as an independent represenative of the Dutch Royal House.
- She is not a model but she doesn't have to be as there is so much more about Maxima. Even if she looks messy from time to time, who cares? There are CPs who put way too much emphasis on fashion or, in contrast, think they can do without styling but Maxima has found the right balance between work and appearance. At the end of the day it's the visible work that matters in combination with a nice appearance and not the other way around.

This is just my opinion based on what I see or hear of Maxima, even though I am not a specific fan I am simply fascinated by what she has achieved so far.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I share your opinion...Very well said!

And I hope the flat of Maxima's parents at Uriburu's street should not become a touristic place! There is too many people walking in Recoleta, even without this happening!

Vanesa.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:01 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

I have a doubt... can Mxima vote for the elections in Argentina, having double citizenship?
Thanks.

Tags
analysis, maxima, princess maxima, queen maxima