A Baby Girl for Willem-Alexander and Maxima: December 7, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe instead of the House of Orange, it should be changed to the House of Women!

It seems that there is a pattern developing with the Dutch royals: one generation has all girls, the next all boys, then all girls again.

Queen Juliana had four daughters. Queen Beatrix had three sons, her sister Princess Margriet had 4 sons, Princess Irene 2(?) sons? Not sure about Princess Christina's family.

And now girls for Constantijn and Willem so far. Daughters for Bernhard Jr., and Maurits (who 'ruined' it a bit by also having a son). Maybe Laurentien's and Annette's next babies will be girls, too!

They are showing the video of Willem waving.

People were jumping up and down outside of the hospital.

prinses_jpg_168141d.jpg

That was cool. They showed Beatrix, Mabel and John Friso walk in and then out.

Bigger

prinses_jpg_168141b.jpg

When is the news conference supposed to start? I will try to return by then.

80 minutes.

They showed the cannons being loaded and set off. A lot of pageantry. Cool.

I am so delighted. Congratulations to the Prince and Princess of Orange. Queen Beatrix must be very delighted. I'm glad she has something positive to think about instead of thinking about scandal. Again Congratulations!!!!!

The baby is getting bigger and bigger by the minute.

Baby_402.jpg

Originally posted by Alexandria@Dec 7th, 2003 - 8:55 pm
Not sure about Princess Christina's family.

Christina has one girl, Juliana and two boys. Don't remenber names...

www2.telegraaf.nl - The baby's maternal grandmother, Maria.

Attachments

• mom.jpg
    mom.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 215
www2.telegraaf.nl - The baby's maternal grandfather, Jorge.

Attachments

• dad.jpg
    dad.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 329
Live coverage starts at 21:00 but Press conference starts at 21:30. So 30 minutes to go.

It's great to see that Maxima's parents were able to be by her side on such a special ocassion. ;)

Yes, I'm glad they could take part. I read somewhere that the government is in favor of Maxima's father attending the christening. Maxima must be so happy.

Though they probably won't read it themselves, my sincerest best wishes go to Prince Willem-Alexander and princess Maxima.

I'm really happy it's a girl, because that means that after Willem as King we will have a Queen again. And because I'm curious if she is going to grow up as pretty as Maxima. It is always nice to see a princess who is beautiful.

:king:

What about the Press Conference. Will it begin now in 15 minutes or was it already? I get confused with the times.

15 minutes I suppose. I went to get something to eat and I come back and my server isn't doing well.

Polfoto - THE HAGUE: First released picture made by Prince Willem-Alexander of the Princess daughter born to Maxima and Willem-Alexander, born 7 December 2003 the Netherlands in the Bronovo Hospital in The Hague.

Attachments

• 200.jpg
    200.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 368
Polfoto-THE HAGUE: Dutch Queen Beatrix arrives at the Bronovo Hospital where Princess Maxima gave birth to a daughter, 7 December 2003 the Netherlands.

Attachments

• 201.jpg
    201.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 129
Polfoto-THE HAGUE: Dutch Queen Beatrix in the car flanked by Prince Johan Friso ® arriving at the Bronovo hospital in The Hague, 7 December The Hague, 2003 where Princes Maxima gave birth to a daughter.

Attachments

• 202.jpg
    202.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 172
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom