A Baby Girl for Willem-Alexander and Maxima: December 7, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow then, can we expect to see some pictures of Willem registering the birth of his daughter? And if not tomorrow, then within the next 2 days?

I remember the nice pictures of Prince Maurits riding his bike to register the birth of his son Lucas. Out of curiosity, can it only be husbands or the men who register the birth of their babies? Or can women do it by law, too, but just don't because they've just delivered a baby only days prior and are resting?

"Out of curiosity, can it only be husbands or the men who register the birth of their babies? Or can women do it by law, too, but just don't because they've just delivered a baby only days prior and are resting?"

I would hope so. Surely Dutch women can do this by themselves as well.

That would be kinda sad if wemon couldn't register their babies........ what about the single mothers?

Any news on a name yet? Or will we have to wait til the little Princess is registered?

You'll probably have to wait until the baby is registered. That being said, there will be leaks.

" Tomorrow then, can we expect to see some pictures of Willem registering the birth of his daughter? And if not tomorrow, then within the next 2 days?"

I wouldn't expect on the day after a relatively late(in the day) birth. Also maybe Maxima will want to join him and she will need her rest. I can't imagine how much rest but I'm sure that she will need some sleep.

wow Willem is really enjoying showing off his daughter....you can tell hes a real proud father. I am really happy for Willem and Maxima!!!

The Dutch royal family has reason to celebrate today after Princess Maxima gave birth to a baby girl. The infant, who is second in line to the Dutch throne, was delivered without complications on Sunday afternoon.

"Maxima and I are proud and happy to announce the birth of a healthy baby girl," said a clearly-delighted Prince Willem-Alexander. "Although many babies are born each day, we believe this is the most beautiful baby in the world."

Attachments

• willem_dop1b.jpg
    willem_dop1b.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 303
Maxima and Willem-Alexander congratulations

Attachments

• willem_dop2b.jpg
    willem_dop2b.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 547
Yes a princess !

Congratulations to Willem Alexander and Màxima,you have a beautiful baby she looks like her daddy ;)

Also congratulations to both grandmothers Beatrix and Maria and grandfather Jorge

Laura

The Dutch royal family has reason to celebrate today after Crown Princess Maxima gave birth to a baby girl. The infant, who is second in line to the Dutch throne, was delivered without complications on Sunday afternoon.

"Maxima and I are proud and happy to announce the birth of a healthy baby girl," said a clearly-delighted Crown Prince Willem-Alexander. "Although many babies are born each day, we believe this is the most beautiful baby in the world."

Attachments

• willem_dop1b.jpg
    willem_dop1b.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 287
what a beautiful name, although I wonder where they did get the catharina from? catherine the great perhaps? a nice name anyhow, now we should wait untill tuesdaymoirning if it realy is the name! It sounds very regal and oldfasioned, it takes me back to the days of the stadholders Albertina-Agnes, Louise-Henriette etc...and Amalia of Solms-Braunfels of course who was the wife of Stadholder Frederik-Hendrik 7 a lady who was even a match for her daughetr in law Mary Stuart & her mother Henriette-Maria (the firtst one)

Summary article:

The IP-adress of www.koninklijkhuis.nl (Official site of Dutch royal family) is 193.78.30.30. When you ask which other sites have the same ip-adress, you can find the adress www.catharina-amalia.nl. When you are going to this adress (www.catharina-amalia.nl), you are going to the site www.koninklijkhuis.nl and than to the special site of the birth of the daughter of Willem-Alexander and Maxima. Strange...... :woot:

What a great name! Catharina has a traditional/historical background, and sounds modern at the same time. Thanks god, that they haven´t called her Wilhelmina!

I hope that with the site isn´t a joke of anybody, because now I´m already in love with the name Catharina-Amalia!

BTW does anybody know, how the name of the woman, which I know as tsarina Katharina (the people from the US/Uk probably know her as Catherine the great) the great, was really written??

well, she was russian, & I do not have thoe letters on my keyboard 9and if I had I wouldn t know which ones to use)....anyyway, translated Ekatarina I believe. or Jekatarina?

Originally posted by Alexandria@Dec 7th, 2003 - 12:26 pm
What about Catharina or Cecila? (Only made it through the C's so far!)
Wonderful name -- and I sort of called it! From a link Gabriella posted I chose some names I thought would be nice for the new princess. Though, like a lot of members, I was rooting for Emma, too.

Congratulations to Maxima and Willem Alexander

Attachments

• willem_dop1b.jpg
    willem_dop1b.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 548
and baby orange

Attachments

• willem_dop2b.jpg
    willem_dop2b.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 327
As for myself, I don't like at all this name, it sounds too old fashioned to me. But if it's the parents' choice, then we have nothing to say.

www.hellomagazine.com

Willem-Alexander and Maxima Welcome First Child

8 DECEMBER 2003
The Dutch royal family has reason to celebrate today after Crown Princess Maxima gave birth to a baby girl. The infant, who is second in line to the Dutch throne, was delivered without complications on Sunday afternoon.

"Maxima and I are proud and happy to announce the birth of a healthy baby girl," said a clearly-delighted Crown Prince Willem-Alexander. "Although many babies are born each day, we believe this is the most beautiful baby in the world."

The proud father presented his 7lb 4oz daughter at a news conference which was broadcast live. And a huge cheer greeted Queen Beatrix when she arrived to visit her new grandchild. She was accompanied to Bronovo Hospital in The Hague by her son Prince Johan Friso and his fiancée Mabel Wisse Smit.

Celebrations have been staged all around the country to mark the arrival of the baby, who will one day become Queen. And royal guards fired a volley of 101 cannon shots to announce the birth of the as-yet unnamed infant.

In the Netherlands, boys and girls have equal rights to accession. And the infant already has her own coat of arms, featuring a shield divided into four blue and beige panels.

Catharina-Amalia is nice name. The ina ending in the first name kind of reminds me of the 2 previous queens before Queen Beatrix. Maybe they did it as a sort of tribute to them. Also Maxima's roots are highlighted with Amalia.

Congrats once again. BTW is the oline book where we can congratulate them available now in their website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom