A Baby Girl for Willem-Alexander and Maxima: December 7, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GETTY IMAGES - DEN HAAG, NETHERLANDS - DECEMBER07: (L to R)Prince Johan Friso, his girlfriend Mabel Wisse Smit and Dutch Queen Beatrix leave the Bronovo Hospital after visiting Princess Maxima who gave birth to a daughter December 7, 2003 in The Hague, The Netherlands.

Attachments

• NL_baby_birth_l.jpg
    NL_baby_birth_l.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 223
Why I can't see the video clip? It says always something about time cut, or something like that...

And it is over midnight, I soon have to go to bed.

Yahoo News - Prince Willem Alexander proudly looks at his new born daughter during a press conference held at the Bronovo hospital in The Hague, December 7, 2003. The royal baby girl has not yet been named.

Attachments

• NL_baby_birth_505d.jpg
    NL_baby_birth_505d.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 192
Yahoo News

Dutch Princess Maxima Gives Birth to Daughter
By Marcel Michelson

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander's wife Princess Maxima gave birth to a baby girl on Sunday, sparking royal celebrations.

The girl will be second-in-line to the Dutch throne.

A proud Willem-Alexander, the Prince of Orange, presented his daughter to the media at a brief news conference in the evening, broadcast live on television.

"Although many babies are born each day, we believe this is the most beautiful baby in the world," he said, holding his daughter wrapped in white blankets.

The couple have not yet decided on a name for the girl who is likely one day to be queen.

She was born late afternoon weighing 7.3 pounds.

Queen Beatrix arrived for an hour at the Bronovo hospital in The Hague in the early evening to loud applause from scores of royal fans waiting outside. She was accompanied by her son Prince Johan Friso and his fiancee Mabel Wisse Smit.

CANNON SALUTE
A regiment of mounted artillery troops, in black and yellow livery, fired 101 cannon shots to announce the birth.

Television programs were interrupted for the news of the birth. On one show the audience sang the national anthem.

Willem-Alexander, Beatrix's eldest son and heir-to-the-throne, married Argentinian-born Maxima Zorreguieta in Amsterdam in February 2002.

The marriage attracted controversy because Maxima's father was agriculture minister during Argentina's 1976-83 military dictatorship when up to 30,000 people vanished or were killed. He was barred from the wedding.

The royal couple's easy-going manner has made them a big hit with fans of the royal family. Tens of thousands thronged the center of Amsterdam for the wedding.

News they were expecting their first child dominated Dutch media when it was announced earlier this year.

The royal family has been dubbed "The Bicycling Monarchy" because of its laid-back style.

In the Netherlands, boys and girls have the same rights to the throne. The current and past two monarchs have been queens -- Wilhelmina, Juliana and Beatrix.

Willem-Alexander's younger brother Prince Johan Friso gave up his lineage to the throne this year after parliament appeared unwilling to approve his marriage to Mabel because of her past contacts with a criminal.

The House of Orange-Nassau became a symbol of resistance in World War II by going into exile during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands.

What an adorable baby girl :heart: Maxima and Willem seem like such sweet and friendly people, I am really happy for them ;)

baby name?

Emma?

Juliana?

other names ?

maybe Maxima and Willem will choose their names for newly baby names?

Sara Boyce

Time for me to leave you. It is now 00.25 o'clock. I have been over nine hours on this site and it has been a very thrilling and interesting time. Thank you for the good company.

Good night, all of you. I feel tired.......... ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz -_-
I feel irritated, because I missed the video clip...

Oh, it is snowing... it is a new day ....

Such a great baby girl, and such great proud parents, who share all this with us and the dutch people are so great and are really happy for their crown princely couple. It´s all just great :woot:

apparently maxima has already left the hospital together with her little daughter. where there any pictures taken??

WOW! Already? With the way of her pregnancy you would think that she would be kept there for more than a few hours? Why such a short time?

The baby's hair sure is dark, considering the fact that Willem-Alexander and Maxima both have light hair. I wonder who the baby inherited the hair from, or if maybe Maxima's hair really is darker naturally?

From CNN.com

AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands (Reuters) -- Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander's wife Princess Maxima has given birth to a baby girl, sparking royal celebrations.

The girl will be second-in-line to the Dutch throne.

"Princess Maxima gave birth today, December 7 2003, at one minute past five (1601 GMT) to a healthy girl," the state information service said in a statement on Sunday.

"It is a dream of a baby," Willem-Alexander, the Prince of Orange, said in the statement, adding he was "grateful and happy."

The name of the girl, who is likely to be queen one day, has not yet been made public. She was born weighing 3.3 kg (7.3 lb).

Queen Beatrix arrived at the Bronovo hospital in The Hague in the early evening to loud applause from scores of royal fans waiting outside. She was accompanied by her son Prince Johan Friso and his girlfriend Mabel Wisse Smith.

A regiment of mounted artillery troops, in black and yellow livery, fired 101 cannon shots to announce the birth.

Television programmes were interrupted for the news. On one show the audience sang the national anthem.

Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende said in a televised address that mother and baby were doing fine and congratulated the family.

Willem-Alexander, Beatrix's eldest son and heir-to-the-throne, married Argentinian-born Maxima Zorreguieta in Amsterdam in February 2002.

The marriage attracted controversy because Maxima's father was agriculture minister during Argentina's 1976-83 military dictatorship when up to 30,000 people vanished or were killed. He was barred from the wedding.

The royal couple's easy-going manner has made them a big hit with fans of the royal family. Tens of thousands thronged the centre of Amsterdam for the wedding.

The news they were expecting their first child dominated Dutch media when it was announced earlier this year.

The royal family has been dubbed "The Bicycling Monarchy" because of its laid-back style.

The House of Orange-Nassau became a symbol of resistance in World War Two by going into exile during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands.

In the Netherlands, boys and girls have the same rights to the throne. The current and past two monarchs have been queens -- Wilhelmina, Juliana and Beatrix.

Willem-Alexander's younger brother Prince Friso gave up his lineage to the throne this year after parliament appeared unwilling to approve his marriage to Mabel because of her past relationship with a criminal.

Gabriella: The baby's hair sure is dark, considering the fact that Willem-Alexander and Maxima both have light hair. I wonder who the baby inherited the hair from, or if maybe Maxima's hair really is darker naturally?

Monte Carlo: When Maxima was a little girl, she had natural blond hair. By the time she reached adolescence, her hair naturally turned brown. Today, she dyes her hair blond.

"apparently maxima has already left the hospital together with her little daughter. "

I'm sorry but she was born in the US? Little wry humor there for you all. Here they give you less time in the hospital after given birth than they used to. Maybe they didn't want to cause the commotion that would have been cause had she stayed there too long. Well, brava to her then. You know, sealing off the place, guards....that type of thing.

COLOUR10022105.jpg

Such a cutie! I wonder if she will stay dark-haired. I guess she will become blonde as toddler, but that light colour mostly disappears with age...and I wonder, which eye colour she has.

"Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid de Prins van Oranje en Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Máxima zijn hedenavond met hun dochter teruggekeerd naar hun huis in Wassenaar.

(RVD, 07.12.2003, 23.10 uur) "

They left at about 2 hours after the press conference.

Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 7th, 2003 - 8:37 pm
"apparently maxima has already left the hospital together with her little daughter. "

I'm sorry but she was born in the US? Little wry humor there for you all. Here they give you less time in the hospital after given birth than they used to. Maybe they didn't want to cause the commotion that would have been cause had she stayed there too long. Well, brava to her then. You know, sealing off the place, guards....that type of thing.
I had both my kids by c-section and busted out after 48 hrs. No complications, just hated the beds and no one pays any attention to visiting hrs, so its loud all the time. Maxima will have a baby nurse, nanny and probably a nurse for herself. Alot more comfortable at home. Plus having your mom around is great, especiallly since it is her first.

Congratulations to all the Dutch people here!

She arrived on my birthday, so I'm delighted too!

:flower:

My aunt left the hospital just a couple of hours after having her fourth son, which was less than 12 hours after she had been admitted into the hopsital. I don't think they would've let her had it been her first baby.

In Maxima's case, although it was her first baby, she no doubt has access to a private nanny and even a nurse who can help her or the baby if there are problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom