A Baby Girl for Willem-Alexander and Maxima: December 7, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like everybody is celebrating in the Netherlands in their own way!

Polfoto-THE HAGUE: A boy eats a rusk with aniseed comfits, a traditional sweet in Holland to celebrate the new born Princess of Princess Maxima and Prince Willem Alexander, 7 December The Hague, 2003.

Attachments

• funny.jpg
    funny.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 135
Can't believe this thing. It picks now to fail on me. Anyway, what I was going to say before was that they showed the cannons and the people cheering for the last 30 minutes and they talked to "royal" experts. Now, let's hope I can get the video back.

Can anyone tell, roughly what the doctors are talking about?

I don´t understand Dutch very well,but when I understood right they haven´t decided for a name

Phew. He just came out with the baby. Did anybody talk before the doctors? I saw the doctors at about 34 after? Did it just start?

www.omroep.nl/nos

I have found that the WMP is working better than the RP.

She is such a beautiful baby! Look how peacefully she sleeps in her daddy's arms.

He looks like he is just about to burst with happiness and pride. Congratulations again to all of them!

She is really asleep. Deep slumber.

Thanks for the link Dennism. Mine didn't work for me.

I can't understand a single word that is being said, but Willem does not sound like I expected him to!

Cute baby, and very nice gown she's wearing!

Stop laughing, people. You'll wake her up!

Such small hands compared to his.

Willem doesn't seem to know which way to turn with that baby so that all the photographers can get their shot!

And it seems a bit awkward and cumbersome for him to be holding that baby in her long gown and the pillow, too! I know they want her to be comfortable, but couldn't the pillow have been a bit smaller?

And probably a good thing she was sleeping through that. Lots of camera flashes for a wee, 2-3 hours old baby like her! (Too much for an adult, too, come to think of it!)

I have to agree, Alexandria. I was worried with him going back and forth with the baby.

I think they also said that maxima´s mother is in hospital.I didn´t really understand if she was on her side during the delivery or if she is now there...

Don't know if it was mentioned but Willem took the first photo.

You meant at her side. Okay. I thought she was sick herself and in a hospital.

I couldn't tell from the live coverage if Willem was pacing because he was excited or if he was just trying to let all the photographers get their pictures. I may not speak a lick of Dutch, but even I understood the phrase where photographers shouted at Willem to turn their way!

Cool. They are talking to a reporter in Buenos Aires. I'll have to check the news tonight then. More wacky and jumping Dutch men and women.

Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 7th, 2003 - 3:52 pm
Don't know if it was mentioned but Willem took the first photo.
Yes, I mentioned before that it was tradition for the parents to take the first picture of the new baby that is released to the public. Queen Juliana took the first picture of baby Beatrix; Prince Claus took the first picture of baby Willem, and now Willem has taken the first picture of his daughter.

A very nice tradition, I think, that however many other pictures taken by however many photographers in the future of your child, you took the first one. And that the first picture ever of your baby shown to the press is the one taken by the proud new parents.

Okay. I knew it was a tradition but I thought it was any family member. Okay. Good.

The Prince has just said during another press conference that they didn't want to know the gender, so that it was a total surprise for them it was a girl. So no name for the moment.

The Dutch people will be able to sign a congratulation protocol from Monday until Friday next week. On Monday from 1300 to 1700 the Paleis Noordeinde, Koninklijk Paleis Amsterdam and the Museum Paleis Het Loo will be open for the public, from Tuesday to Friday from 0900 to 1700 (Noordeinde and Museum Paleis Het Loo onlu).

From tomorrow it will also be possible to write your congratulations at the royal website.

Front page of Clarin, the top paper in Argentina. Too bad they say that the photo was done by the AP!

Nació en Holanda la hija de la princesa Máxima

"La argentina, esposa del príncipe heredero, había sido internada hoy en el hospital Bronovo de La Haya para dar a luz a su primer hijo. El anuncio oficial fue realizado por un vocero de la Casa Real.

La princesa Máxima, esposa del príncipe heredero de Holanda Guillermo Alejandro, dio hoy a luz a una nena, informó esta tarde la Casa Real en La Haya. La niña, que nació a las 17.01 (hora local, 13 01 de Argentina) ocupará el segundo lugar en la sucesión tras su padre. "La princesa ingresó hoy al hospital Bronovo de La Haya para dar a luz y se encuentra acompañada por el príncipe Guillermo Alejandro", había informado la Casa Real esta mañana.

La beba, cuyo nombre aún no se ha dado a conocer, goza de "excelente salud", pesa 3,31 kilos y mide 52 centímetros, señaló el servicio de información del reino.

"Máxima y yo nos sentimos orgullosos y felices de anunciar el nacimiento de una saludable bebita", dijo sonriente el príncipe Guillermo Alejandro.

Según resolvió el gobierno holandés, se dispararán 101 salvas en honor de la nueva integrante de la familia real. El saludo se realizará en cuatro lugares: en La Haya y Den Helder, en Holanda, y en Willemstad -Curacao- y Oranjestad, -Aruba-, en el Caribe. El bautismo de la nena no se espera para antes de abril del año próximo.

La argentina y el príncipe Guillermo de Holanda hicieron el anuncio del embarazo a mediados de junio en la villa Eikenhorst, en las afueras de La Haya, donde vive la pareja. Allí dieron una entrevista a los medios más importantes de Holanda y anunciaron que el bebé nacería en enero de 2004. En ese momento el matrimonio real dejó bien en claro que no les interesaba conocer el sexo de su futuro hijo.

"Al principio no lo podía creer. No sé cómo será, voy a esperar a ver qué pasa. Ya he escuchado de todo, pero todo es diferente cuando le pasa a uno. Creo que simplemente me dejaré sorprender. Por el momento seguiré trabajando, igual que las mujeres normales", dijo aquel día Máxima.

A su vez, el príncipe Guillermo había señalado: "No sé qué tengo que imaginarme. Mi hermano (Constantijn, padre de una nena) me dijo que la vida cambia de verdad cuando uno es padre. En los próximos meses me daré cuenta. No lo vivimos como una tarea de crear un heredero al trono, sino de darle felicidad a nuestra familia. Mi madre (la reina Beatriz) casi baila cuando se enteró."

GREAT! A baby girl! How nice!
I like Maxima more and more, first I didn´t like her, but I think she´ll be a great mommy!
When do you think will the name be anounced then? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom