A Baby Girl for Willem-Alexander and Maxima: December 7, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Beatrix looks very delighted and happy.

And is it just me, or in these pictures of her arriving at the hospital does it look like her hair is less of a helmet?

I can't read what you posted Dennism!

What is the 'normal' gap between birth and baptism?

:woot: Congratulations to the Dutch people with the birth of a new princess.

Dutch: Hartelijke gelukwensen voor de geboorte van jullie nieuwe prinsesje ..... Oranje Boven !!!! :woot: :heart:

Family tree:

Attachments

• stamboom_nederland_light.jpg
    stamboom_nederland_light.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 264
Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 7th, 2003 - 8:04 pm
"Prins Willem-Alexander zal de naam van zijn dochter waarschijnlijk pas bekendmaken wanneer hij het meisje aangeeft bij de gemeente Den Haag. Dat moet binnen drie dagen gebeuren.
In drei Tagen? In three days? The name will be official?

Willem again

wa-1.jpg

Well aren't Catholic babies supposed to be baptized within 3 days to save their souls?
And I think most Protestant babies are baptized within the first month unless they are "born again".

Is that what that says, Alexandra? It's close to German that's for sure.

There's a difference between being baptized and being registered...

Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 7th, 2003 - 8:10 pm
And I think most Protestant babies are baptized within the first month unless they are "born again".
What do you mean by "Born again"?

Evangelical Christians mostly. Found God again usually in middle age after leading a life of sin.

What's the significance of the Orange muisjes? They look like Jelly beans.

okay. There is a difference. That's what I thought on the name thing. But that's really rather bureaucratic but still I understand. No, I meant there is a difference between getting a name and being registered? No, that's why I thought it was still odd that you had to do that in 3 days. The baptism thing is something else.

Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 7th, 2003 - 8:16 pm
Evangelical Christians mostly. Found God again usually in middle age after leading a life of sin.

What's the significance of the Orange muisjes? They look like Jelly beans.

okay. There is a difference. That's what I thought on the name thing. But that's really rather bureaucratic but still I understand.
In my country a baby MUST be christened or registred within 3 months. Egal which religion you confess.

I mean within 3 days couldn't they register by saying "Girl baby with the last name of Orange(Nassau) weighing...." But no Christian name?

muisjes are small sugary/anijs balls and when a baby is born people eat "beschuit" (sort of bicuits) with muisjes. when its a boy they are blue and when it's a girl it's pink, but because it's a princess they should be orange

I think Prince Bernhardt (the Queen's father) might go to the hospital too. It seems in the future we'll have 3 Sovereign Queens (up till today): Victoria, Elizabeth, and the newly born Princess ;)

My congratulations to the family once again :woot:

Monaco70s

O, orange for princess. Okay. I thought that was just a coincidence.

Another one of Willem. He must have been sweating as well.

wa-2.jpg

Oranje is not coincidence, every thing traditional is oranje. Our soccer team are not "het Nederlands elftal' (the Dutch eleven) but they are knows as Oranje. So because of this special birth probably everything will be oranje for the next couple of months :p

I know. I know. It's the color of the country. And the family's name.

Queen leaving the hospital. News conference in 2 hours!

a07181147-31207.onlineBild.jpg

A canon that went off:

kanonschoten_maxima.jpg

Jay! A girl! :D Congrats to Willem Alexander and Maxima!

This is so great, I can't stop smiling... :)

The LOL was at the sweating comment. Just thought I wanted to let ya know to avoid being misunderstood.

What time is it now in The Netherlands and what time is the press conference?(I'm in Australia)

It is now 19:35. Press conference is in two hours.

The Queen, John Friso & the lovely Mabel leave the hospital.

Bronovo-5.jpg

Queen Beatrix

bea-1.jpg

There were News in TV just now and they didn't even mention the birth of the new princess. :woot: And I was sitting there with a brand new videoband ready to record. Bohoo.... :woot:

To clarify, was Willem in the delivery room with Maxima? I read that he was seen smoking outside of the hospital, but not at his wife's side?

Hopefully he was out handing cigars afterwards, though!

I still have the highlights from this weekend's Eredivisie matches on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom