The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Nobility

I have to agree; she does look a little...unkempt. I adore Mette-Marit and a lot of the time I really like her understated taste in clothing and jewelry. But this outfit just doesn't fit her or flatter her at all.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Commoner

I hope all her fans who complimented her did not speak too soon.

It may have been a pre-pregnancy outfit or new outfit to encourage her to get back to her size ...not that her current size is not wonderful as she looks really good.

I am sure there are more wonderful outfits to come..

Old 09-06-2006, 12:32 AM
Royal Highness

I'm a big fan of Mette-Marit but I think she was a little demanding at the Elle interview/photoshoot. I'm sure the magazine put a lot of thinking into what clothes they chose for her and the photographer and then Mette-Marit changes it by saying she wants to wear her clothes and choose a Norwegian photographer. Of course, I understand why Mette-Marit wanted to do that. She's down-to-earth and wants to represent everything Norwegian since she is Norway's Crown Princess. However, I think she should have just "gone with the flow" with this one.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
I'm a big fan of Mette-Marit but I think she was a little demanding at the Elle interview/photoshoot. I'm sure the magazine put a lot of thinking into what clothes they chose for her and the photographer and then Mette-Marit changes it by saying she wants to wear her clothes and choose a Norwegian photographer. Of course, I understand why Mette-Marit wanted to do that. She's down-to-earth and wants to represent everything Norwegian since she is Norway's Crown Princess. However, I think she should have just "gone with the flow" with this one.
Why, because Elle planned things without talking to the court first. It really should not be a supirse. The Queen and Princess Märtha Louise has done similar interviews, and they have used Norwegian photographers (usually Morten Krogvoll) and *mostly* their own clothes. Albeit a little more glam. There has not been much attention to theese pictures, mostly to what she said. If she did it the way Elle wanted, in New York, famous photgrapher, borrowed clothes, the focus would have been completely different.

..and back to sogn og Fjordane. After the first part of the program was over, Haakon went for a run for 15 minutes before he went to the local gym for half an hour to lift weights. Then ha took a shower and changed before he went with his wife to the evening reseption. He was followed by two body guards. Hardly anyone recognised him, except VG. The reporter from Vg says he usually always works out on trips when he has time.
(VG)

Two of the deers they met was called Haakon and Mette-Marit (REX)

firdaposten has 26 pictures from FLORØ, they can be enlarged
http://www.firdaposten.no/lokale_nyh...66.ece?start=1

and 19 pictures from SVANØY and the deer center
http://www.firdaposten.no/lokale_nyh...87.ece?start=1

and a video, click on the link under the picture
http://www.firdaposten.no/lokale_nyh...cle2275327.ece

Mette-Marits speech in Norwegian
http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehus...d=505&aid=6097
Haakons speech in Norwegian
http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehus...d=505&aid=6098
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayeli0016
When is Mette-Marit due?
Due for what?

A new gallup done for TV2 by TNS gallup shows that 9 out of 10 thinks Haakon and Mette-Marit will be a good King and Queen the day they take over, that is twice as many as three years ago. The support is lowest at the west coast (where they are now ) and in the south of Norway (where Mette-Marit is from). Haakon had no comment to it and says it is not up to them to judge this
http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kongeli...gehus/1.180615

Its very high, almost strangely high, and I always thought the support was lowest in Oslo. This is not the same as saying 9 out of 10 is in favour of the monarchy though, I would like to see the questions and how they asked them.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

First picture from today, I think she wore this red trench during the swedish visit as well. It is quite cold on the westcoast, only 13 degrees celcius. More than 1000 people had come to meet them when they arrived today to Gloppen, a smal place with 5500 residents.
BT-NRK

In the first picture of the ones below, you can see their advisors, Ander Flågen, the blond man behind the uniform hat, and Vibeke Hollekim, the woman with the beige jacket and red hair behind Haakon, they have a gold pin on their jackets with their joint monogram, but they cant really be seen in theese pictures.

From NRK, more pictures here

* They will make a 5 day visit to India from October 30th to November 3 2006.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I think the white outfit didn't suit her at all!
She looked so " colourless" .

The red jacket looks much better on her!
I really like it!

Old 09-06-2006, 08:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Remember how much criticism Mary got when she did those posh fotoshoots? I think Mette-Marit wanted to avoid that kind of uproar - a clever thing to do, I think.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I dont think she was demanding just wanted to wear what she wanted to wear thats all, she isnt a child to just to have " gone with the flow" she is a princess who wants to be seen a certain . instead of a hollywood star ! must say I really liked how she looked in "Elle" shame we couldnt get her on a front cover her in the UK!
Old 09-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
I think the white outfit didn't suit her at all!
She looked so " colourless" .

The red jacket looks much better on her!
I really like it!
Agreed, the color does suit her very well.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Commoner

On the website from Face tot Face there are many pics of Mette Marit and Haakon on tour to the West Coast of Norway.
Is there anybody who can enlarge these pics?
I can not do it.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by anneke
On the website from Face tot Face there are many pics of Mette Marit and Haakon on tour to the West Coast of Norway.
Is there anybody who can enlarge these pics?
I can not do it.
As per our new rules concerning photo agencies and copyright, it is not allowed to post pictures from Face to Face here on The Royal Forums.

// GrandDuchess, The Royal Forums Super Moderator.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
* They will make a 5 day visit to India from October 30th to November 3 2006.
That's wonderful news! Is it a visit in connection with an aid organisation, or UNAIDS perhaps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
A new gallup done for TV2 by TNS gallup shows that 9 out of 10 thinks Haakon and Mette-Marit will be a good King and Queen the day they take over, that is twice as many as three years ago.
Even if we don't know the details on this poll, that is great news! The couple has done such a great job since they got married, and they certainly earn the grown confidence and respect from their citizens.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
That's wonderful news! Is it a visit in connection with an aid organisation, or UNAIDS perhaps?
Not AFAIK, the press has written about the India trip for a log time, it was supposed to be a state visit by the King and Queen but since the Kings doctors recomended him no travels outside Europe this year, Haakon and Mette-Marit is going instead, but it might be some aid visits as part of the trip, its 5 days afterall.

When they got to Stryn (pic 1 and 2) the last rest of the Norwegian summer was gone and the rain poored down

scanpix/NRK

firdaposten has an own page for the visit that also includes videos
http://www.firda.no/nyhende/kultur/article2276533.ece

BT has a smal article saying the 15 km road between Innvik and Olden was to narrow so they had to close the road for toher traffic so the royal car could fit, its a small road, but still, they are not riding in tanks, nor is there any snow, and I gather the fire trucks can get around there when there is other traffic. Or do they have extra super broad limo The locals told the papers it is a pitty the royals cant see how bad the road is when they drive there every day, and that they have gotten promises it will *maybe* be fixed in 2014.

Also pictures on the link
http://www.bt.no/lokalt/sf/article295685.ece
Old 09-06-2006, 03:21 PM
Gentry

I adore MM's clothing!!! She is so un-pretentious! I very much like that! But what impresses me most is their so obvious love they have for each other. Look at this body language! I really think their love will last forever!
Old 09-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

this evening she wore her national costume, the one she got for her confirmation, I think it is from Rogaland. The photographer notes she did not want wine;O)

A selection from REX from the dinner yesterday and today

Old 09-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Royal Highness

thankss for the photos larzen.
the princess this smiling one and I see beautiful it in these very pincs !!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Aristocracy

I love that red coat it looks great on her!!!Yeay...
Old 09-07-2006, 02:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Wine - No thank you

Crown Princess Mette-Marit has barely taken her seat before she was offered wine. Quckily but politely she refused it. With a friendly gesture she signalled she did not wish wine for dinner. Wednesday evening she and Haakon was guests of honor at a dinner at Hotel Alexandra. That the Crown Princess refuses wine will in certain german magazines by a certain sign that she is again pregnant. German publishers has admittet they have several time fabricated stories about her saying no than you to alcohol. However most likely she does it because she is working, and therefor usually chooses non alcholic drinks. 70 guests were at the dinner where Sogn og Fjordane County administration was the host. Mette-Marit came in her beautiful Rogalands bunad. That way she dont have to see oppinions on her dresses, wether it is Norwegian design or not, and ofcourse in beautiful Stryn, bunad is the normal dress code when there is a party.
quick tranlsation from
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/ko...cle1448621.ece

Quote:

Royal media hustle

- Now is the royal cortege infront of the press buss. We need to speed it up, so they will pul over and let us pass.

Along narrow and bendy roads at the west coast, the royal cortege is on its way to Kvia in Breim. Just behind drives a buss loaded with cameras, notepads and press. The Information secretary have just gotten the message that they are driving behind the Crown Prince couple. That is not supposed to happen. The press is going to be there first. More than 60 reporters and photographers follows Haakon and Mette-Marit on their 3 day trip in Sogn og Fjordane. They come from German Television, UK Press, sunnmørsposten and NRK

Everyone has gotten 8 pages with information that says where everyone is supposed to be every minute. "The media covers from marked spot" ...etc. Twic during the trip the press gets the possibility to ask questions, that Rolf Seelman-Eggebert thinks is splendid,

- Oh it is so easy to work with the Nrowegian royals compare to the ones in Spain and England, you get so close, says the experienced Royalreporter from Germany. He and his Camera team has travelled to Nordfjord to film for a documentary they are making for King Haralds 70th birthday next year. The program will be showm prime time and Seelmann-Eggebert thinks it will get 4 million viewers.

- The scandinavian royal houses are extremely popular in Germany, we dont have any royals our self so we borrow yours, says the reporter that has covered the royals for 20 years. He thinks many likes to follow the royals because they give continuity.

The Crown Prince Couple has arrived in Kvia, the Press buss never got past them, but stops right behind, Everyone wants to get out at the same time.

-Let the photographers out first- says royal reporter Kjell Arne Totland in Se og HØr

He site calmly in his place and waits for his turn. Outside the Crown Prince Couple is passing by hordes of enthusiastic people and flags.
Quick translation from
http://www.bt.no/lokalt/sf/article295872.ece

No suprise VG is making an issue of the closed road yesterday and have talke to people who are not amused by that decision. Also it seems Haakon has done a "Carl Gustav" and said in his speech it is wonderful to be in Florø when he was infact in Sandane Close, but stupid, conisdering he has already done a geography blunder once, during the Portugese state visit.

Foto special from se og hør with great close up details
http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Reise/Feature/1.181270

Dinner, from REX
Old 09-07-2006, 02:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know if refusing alcohol means she's pregnant. She just might not have wanted to drink.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-07-2006, 06:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Article with pics from hello magazine:

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...n-mette-marit/