Visit to Mexico - March 16th-20th 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The outfit is lovely, but I'm not that fond of the asymmetric belt (unless it's a mexican gift...).
Could the "ringlessness" be related to the fact that sometimes you can suffer from swelling in hot and humid climates?

It's true that she should pay attention to her posture!

Last edited:
Norwegian Crown Prince Couple at the Ceremony of wreath at the Monument Niños Héroes in Mexico City and at the Frida Kahlo Museum and meeting with the press.
Royal Press Europe - Royal Photoagency - © Albert Nieboer & Albert Philip van der Werf

CP Mette-Marit beautiful and sweet.

Norwegian Crown Princess Mette-Marit visited the HIV/AIDS clinic Condesa in Mexico City and thereafter the Crown Prince Couple went to the UNAM (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México) where the Crown Prince held a speech to the students in the Auditorium Alfonso Case and opened the couple a architecture exhibition at the Faculty of Architecture.

http://www.royalpress.nl/categories.php?cat_id=263&sessionid=dd271d561d6e344def139ed7a3e372bf

I didn´t see pictures about Mette-marit y Haakoon in the National University (UNAM). They visited it yesterday.

Thank you for all these pictures. They are great. Mette-Marit really looks beautiful. Her choise of dresess are well done. They fit her quite well. I really do love this couple.

Princess Mette-Marit looks better than ever with shorter hair. She also improved her clothes and she seems very sure of herself performing official duties.

Vanesa.

I love her looking at the little boy crawling. It shows how she loves children !

Visit to Mexico, Day 3. 18/03/2009

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit attend the opening of 'The Rights of the Indigenous Peoples' seminar at Mexico's Museum of Anthropology
Mexico City, Mexico.

PPE Agency

Gallery Wenn

[FONT=verdana, arial]The Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten and other newspapers, such as Helsingin Sanomat in Finland reports that Crown Prince Haakon's beard may cause problems in connection with his visit to an oil drilling vessel during the official visit to Mexico. For safety reasons, beards are not allowed on board, so the Norwegian embassy in Mexico has had to apply for a special dispensation on Haakon's behalf. If that application is denied, his only option will be to shave off his beard (or to skip the planned visit to the oil drilling vessel).

[/FONT]Skjeggproblemer for kronprinsen i Mexico - Nyheter - Kongelige - Aftenposten.no

I hope he doesn't have to shave since I'm really digging the beard! :wub: I hated it when Felipe of Spain shaved his. I guess in recent years I've developed a liking for bearded men... :lol: Couldn't they use a special suit with a bigger mask or something? I'm sure there's a way to get around this.

Can't believe this, beards not admitted !!! Incredible, what is it to do with drilling for oil ?

Haakon without beard? :ohmy:I really hope he won't shave it!
Catharina said:
Couldn't they use a special suit with a bigger mask or something? I'm sure there's a way to get around this.
I hope they'll do something like this! :lol:

[FONT=verdana, arial]The Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten and other newspapers, such as Helsingin Sanomat in Finland reports that Crown Prince Haakon's beard may cause problems in connection with his visit to an oil drilling vessel during the official visit to Mexico. For safety reasons, beards are not allowed on board, so the Norwegian embassy in Mexico has had to apply for a special dispensation on Haakon's behalf. If that application is denied, his only option will be to shave off his beard (or to skip the planned visit to the oil drilling vessel).

[/FONT]Skjeggproblemer for kronprinsen i Mexico - Nyheter - Kongelige - Aftenposten.no

I hope he doesn't have to shave since I'm really digging the beard! :wub: I hated it when Felipe of Spain shaved his. I guess in recent years I've developed a liking for bearded men... :lol: Couldn't they use a special suit with a bigger mask or something? I'm sure there's a way to get around this.

For what I know of oil drills, security is really, really important, for instance all electrical items have to be explosion proof, cause the minimum spark could cause a terrible accident.

If the rule is there is for a good reason, which I dunno which one, but it might have to do with his own personal safety at the drill or something related to the process. He as any visitor should respect that.

The beard will be back in a month or so ladies, no biggie

ITs because in case of gas lekage, if an accident happens during drilling and gas comes in to the ship, they have to put on gas masks and if you have a beard the gas mask might not fit the right way. I guess this problem is not so big since Haakon do not have much of a beard, its sure more problemtic if you have a santa size beard that is going in the mask.

For what I can see, the basket is an arrangement of Mexican traditional and hand made toys... our version of Bingo called Loteria, a balero which is a little barrel attached by a string to a wood, the point is putting the barrel back in the wood with just one hand, is popular amongst boys, there is also a fan, spanish type and I assume traditional candies are at the bottom.

The lunch with President Calderon was held here Chapultepec Castle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is the Chapultepec Castle (my favorite part of the city btw), that now helds the National Museum of history. I thought people from the forum might be intrested in this place. It used to be the residence of the Emperor Maximilian and the presidential residence

In this link are videos, from yesterday (just president Calderon speaking about oil and mutual work in energy issues) and the 16th

Galería de Videos

Do you think it is MM intention to look so ...... well jolly frumpy?I am at a lose to work out what is going on here. I really loved her at the beginning and now......I just don't know.

Thank you for the wikipedia-link Avrilo. It looks like an amazing place, really beautiful and with an interesting history too.

I think The Crown Princess looks beautiful, and I really like her attitude and how she behaves and act around others. She seems so full of life and joy. The way she pays close attention to the people she meets really stick with me, she just seems like a really giving and loving person to me.

I have the feel, that Mette-Marit is pregnant. Or have you picture, that she drinks the wine? And her clothes are so large and her fingers, hands and arms are dick, she doesn't (or couldn't) use her ring... And her face is rounder... And if she makes running as hobby, she should be more jolly. It is my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom