Various News and Discussions about Haakon and Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cant it just be she has changed because she has growen up, and has found love and is loved back ! thats it , people change all the time. we cant be the same person we were when we where 18, 25 , 30 etc life changes us for the better or worse ! .

ortino said:
Smilla, I know this is an old thread but I do have to put my 2 cents worth in..I think that Mette-Marit is a free-spirit, like alot of us (me included) and that she just happened to find her "life partner-soul mate" in a crown prince. What makes her so unique among all the other younger cp princesses out there is that we identify w/ her and therefore we look to her w/ a more critical eye, like a girlfriend...

That's so true. She's the girl in the H&M pullover, after all. I see her a bit as a mirror image of my friends and myself. We're all her age and have gone from wild and free-spirited to marrying, having kids, buying flats and raising families. Of course it's less glam than all-night partying and sometimes we doubt our way...and then I consider Mette-Marit and think, it must be a normal growing up and becoming respectable citizens and responsible members of society - after all, if she's done it, why shouldn't we! :)

sm1939 said:
cant it just be she has changed because she has growen up, and has found love and is loved back ! thats it , people change all the time. we cant be the same person we were when we where 18, 25 , 30 etc life changes us for the better or worse ! .

Sure, but she changed such a lot within a relatively short time, and she changed so much - between the earliest photos and her earlies days as CP, I think she changed more. Now what's going on is just "normal" changing, I agree.

Lookingat pictures if you didnt know her you would say she is pregnant but if you know her royal position you would think she isnt because surely they would have announced it. Surely a photographer would ask her if she was pregnant at xmas shoot or other recent events

She's maturing. She has three children, she's a CP of a country and has to take care of all that that entails....what else can make you grow up so fast? She's doing a great job!

In those pictures that were linked here, she does look pregnant. It's either the way she's standing, the shirt or the way she's wearing the skirt. All in all, it's not flattering regardless. If she stood up a little straighter and wore some different tops, any weight she might have around her tummy wouldn't be so noticible and lead people to think she's expecting when she's not.

She does look pregnant but I think it is wrong for people to say she is fat. She is slim with pperhaps some excess weight around her belly but what do you expect after 3 children?

I dont think she pregnant at all , but I suppose everyone has there own opinion!

I don't think so either. She seems to be wearing a maternity style blouse and that paired with her imperfect posture simply makes her appear pregnant.

gosh ! must be horriable if people are always going on about you being pregnant when in truth , its just the way the picture as caught you !

sm1939 said:
gosh ! must be horriable if people are always going on about you being pregnant when in truth , its just the way the picture as caught you !

Especially if the alternative is that people think you're fat. :wacko:

crm2317 said:
She does look pregnant but I think it is wrong for people to say she is fat. She is slim with pperhaps some excess weight around her belly but what do you expect after 3 children?

I don't know if this was directed at my post or not, but I didn't say she was fat. I said any weight she MIGHT have around her tummy......I know she's had 3 children, so she's not going to have a supermodel's abs. I was merely saying that coupling that with the top she chose to wear and her posture, it can lead people to think that a) she has gained weight or b) she's expecting.

Sister Morphine said:
I don't know if this was directed at my post or not.
No it isn't directed at anyone's post i didn't mean to cause any offence. It is my own opinion becuase I have read elsewhere where people stating she is just fat not pregnant which i personally think is harsh and unneccesary:flowers:

crm2317 said:
No it isn't directed at anyone's post i didn't mean to cause any offence. It is my own opinion becuase I have read elsewhere where people stating she is just fat not pregnant which i personally think is harsh and unneccesary:flowers:

No worries, I wasn't offended. Just clarifying what the intent of my post was.

I think MM doesn't look bad, her face looks very nice recently, she seems more relaxed and self confident. Her smile always was charming but lately she seems happier then ever. Re: her weight. While it is quite normal that most women have problem with loosing it after pregnancy, I would expect MM, because of her position to work on it. Again she looks OK, but other princesses also had 2 or 3 kids, they are in Matte's age, but they managed to keep their weight. Again no harm intended.:)

Lakshmi said:
I think MM doesn't look bad, her face looks very nice recently, she seems more relaxed and self confident. Her smile always was charming but lately she seems happier then ever. Re: her weight. While it is quite normal that most women have problem with loosing it after pregnancy, I would expect MM, because of her position to work on it. Again she looks OK, but other princesses also had 2 or 3 kids, they are in Matte's age, but they managed to keep their weight. Again no harm intended.:)
I think it's important to remember that having a little belly doesn't prevent a princess from doing her job well. If Mette-Marit is a healthy weight, and feels comfortable with it, I think that's great. I think it's good for young girls to see women of all body types in the spotlight.

kwanfan said:
I think it's important to remember that having a little belly doesn't prevent a princess from doing her job well. If Mette-Marit is a healthy weight, and feels comfortable with it, I think that's great. I think it's good for young girls to see women of all body types in the spotlight.

couldnt agree more. she's a great role model in that she sends a message that you dont have to be stick thin to be beautiful and be a princess.

people tend to loose weight when they're stressed out and nervous. thus I think the fact that MM is a tiny bit heavier these days shows that she is comfortable and relaxed in her royal role.

Quote from Kongehuset: "I dag er det bare Prinsesse Astrid fru Ferner som har hoffdame."

Today - Princess Astrid Mrs. Ferner is the only royal in the Norwegian family with a lady-in-waiting. kongehuset.no - Ord og uttrykk

The title Lady in Waiting was removed from the court (except for Astrid) in september 2001 if I remember correctly, until then Sonja had several and they also assisted Märtha Louise.

Now it is called protocoll adviser, they do much of the same work but also help with planning and speechwriting

Here are the two protocoll adviser that take turn in accompanying Mette-Marit (and Haakon when needed, but I think he often go just with an aide de camp)

Vibeke Hollekim
An article from when she was hired

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit have expanded their staff to include journalist Vibeke Hollekim as their personal adviser

Hollekim's formal title in the crown couple's staff is protocol adviser, and she began work at the beginning of 2006.

more about her here New adviser for crown couple - Aftenposten.no

A pic of her with Mette-Marit in Geneva
ImageShack - Hosting :: spb2cab9ah4.jpg
And you can see her red hair behind MM at this recent event
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2007/07020506.jpg

Anders Flågen

He is 40 (?) years old, in 2001 he was hired as the courts first full time Aid De Campe and was Crown Prince Haakons closest coworker. Some time after the wedding he was hired at the Crown Prince Couples court as a protocoll adviser, he travels with them on most trips abroad, he also accompanies Mette-Marit alot on her trips home and abroad, among others he went with ther to Malawi.

in Malawi
ImageShack - Hosting :: sp6bc28doh2.jpg
at a life saving event
ImageShack - Hosting :: sp77da49rx3.jpg
and he also comes in handy holding gifts:lol:
ImageShack - Hosting :: grymb1.jpg
In India
http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/3016/spdeb764ls2.jpg

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Now it is called protocoll adviser, they do much of the same work but also help with planning and speechwriting

Here are the two protocoll adviser that take turn in accompanying Mette-Marit (and Haakon when needed, but I think he often go just with an aide de camp)
Actually an "aide-de-camp(e?)" (or 'adc' for short) is an military person attached to the King or Crown Prince. I've seen pictures - of when Parliament was opened - of three adc's each standing to the side of the King and the Crown Prince (one each for air force, army and navy).

I'd say, that if the Norwegians have 'merged' the roles of "protocol adviser" and "adc", then that person must be especially gifted.

You`d be hard pressed to find a crown jeweller in Norway, the royal family usually gets their jewellery cleaned/repaired at Gerrards in London, there are no longer a Mistress of the robes and as for Court Chaplain the bishop of Oslo is the priest for the royal family.

The new website offers good information on the staff at the royal court, from there one can read that Haakon and Mette-Marit has a staff of 14 people and there is a total of 150 people working for the royal family.

English
kongehuset.no - The organisation of the Royal Court

norwegian
kongehuset.no - Hoffets organisering

As Patron for the Norwegian Council for Design Mette-Marit will be present at the opening of the exhibition of the Master students at the Bergen National Academy of the Arts 20 April 18.00 in Bergen. The exhibition is part of the Designdays "substans" that also consists of conferences, Seminars and meetings and last until May 6th
http://www.khib.no/khib/aarets_masterutsti...aapner_20_april
Mette-Marit had been invited to open the new soccerstadium in Kristiansand 15 April belonging to her presumably favourite soccer team Start, After she showed up at a Start game last year with her brothers:
Royal cheers for Start - Aftenposten.no
the people at Start might have had some good hopes but the invitation was declined by the Palace.
Fvn.no: Kommer ikke til stadionåpning

It'll be great to see her again even if we should waite almost a week.

rominet09 said:
Beautiful but she does look like pregnant
I would love it to be true but until it is offically announced, we can only hope. They make such beautiful children, I would love to see them have a bunch, since money isn't an issue, I think they should have an equal dozen. LOL:lol:

Yes! She looks as being pregnant...I hope for a little sister or brother to Princess Ingrid Alexandra, Marius and Prince Sverre Magnus. But until now, I suppose it's only our feverish imaginaton! There has been so many pregnancies in Royal cercles that we are seeing babies and pregnant women everywhere! :ROFLMAO:

Vanesa.

i don't know... the shirt looks like it's a little poofy. it could very easily make her look like she's pregnant, even though she's in reality not. but who knows. we may have a new little prince or princess coming in a while!

I was also guessing which princess (if any) would be pregnant next and of course Mette-Marit and Mathilde would be the obvious ones.

I don't like to speculate but photos of Mette-Marit lately (particularly the green dress for the State Visit from Austria) she looks a bit plumper than normal. It could just be winter weight but time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom