Various News and Discussions about Haakon and Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they already in Denmark :) who can we confirm will be there

Royal Fan said:
Are they already in Denmark :) who can we confirm will be there
Copenhagen airport closed earlier today for incoming commercial flights, because of the weather, so I wonder if they're going to open it for incoming private planes tonight? Or if Haakon and Mette-Marit arrived before they closed it?

Or if they're arriving early tomorrow...

norwegianne said:
Copenhagen airport closed earlier today for incoming commercial flights, because of the weather, so I wonder if they're going to open it for incoming private planes tonight? Or if Haakon and Mette-Marit arrived before they closed it?

Or if they're arriving early tomorrow...

VG actually has an article on it (with pictures.) as Larzen mentioned earlier. They're taking the night train instead, and will be arriving at 07.23 AM tomorrow morning in Copenhagen. It must be a relief for Mette-Marit's fear of flying, but stressful otherwise.

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=138747

Last edited:
norwegianne said:
. It must be a relief for Mette-Marit's fear of flying, but stressful otherwise.

Isn´t she over this? I imagine it much more stressful to change the plans in the middle of the night and to travel in a train with a baby. They probably will feel tomorrow, as if the day doesn´t have 24 but 240 hours (until they finally can go to a real bed)
But it´s extremely nice of Haakon to try his best and to get all obstacles out of the way, so that he can particpate in the ceremony :)

Lena said:
Isn´t she over this? I imagine it much more stressful to change the plans in the middle of the night and to travel in a train with a baby. They probably will feel tomorrow, as if the day doesn´t have 24 but 240 hours (until they finally can go to a real bed)
But it´s extremely nice of Haakon to try his best and to get all obstacles out of the way, so that he can particpate in the ceremony :)
Agreed. I don't want to be mean, but I can't help but compare the Norwegian Royals going out of their way to attend this christening on Ingrid Alexandra's birthday, when Frederik and Mary didn't attend Ingrid Alexandra's christening simply because it was a month before the wedding.

Don't worry kwanfan you're not mean. I tought with the christening falling on Ingrid Alexandras birthday and with Sverre Magnus being so young that they wouldn't go.

Sorry for my ignorance, but how does a train get to Copenhagen? Is it possible for it to cross a bridge, like at Malmo?

Emily said:
Sorry for my ignorance, but how does a train get to Copenhagen? Is it possible for it to cross a bridge, like at Malmo?
A bridge was opened between Copenhagen and Malmø a few years ago, and there is a railway going across.

Before then, the trains were transported over by way of ferry, I think.

Yesterday at the baptism I saw Mette-Marit on TV. She looked really stunning. She has a very photogenic face and I love her blond hair. But she could really dress less conservative, like Märtha, I love her style.

To me the most touching moments at the christening yesterday (besides Mary's and Frederik's tears) have been Mette Marit's and Haakon's loving gestures. Love was definetly in the air :)

I totally agree with you Iceflower....it's so touching to see the love that flows between MM and Haakon. They make a very beautiful couple and to top it off, a beautiful family. I think MM has come along way since and has really bloom into her role as CP and future Queen!

Eliza said:
I totally agree with you Iceflower....it's so touching to see the love that flows between MM and Haakon. They make a very beautiful couple and to top it off, a beautiful family. I think MM has come along way since and has really bloom into her role as CP and future Queen!
And I totally agress with your conclusion, Eliza :) You simply have to love that couple :)
And to Larzen: Yes, it's the Minister of the Federal State Nordrhein-Westfalen :)

agreed completely, iceflower & Eliza..

Haakon & Mette-Marit is definitely amongst the sweetest young couple. they always seems so blissful and n'sync with each other.
and the hand-holding.. that's a really nice touch...
and watching the home video for Ingrid's 2nd birthday.. well, it's definitely proven how wonderful their family are and how they're thankful on their 3 gorgeous children.

English interviews with Mette Marit?

Does anybody know where I can find English language interviews conducted with Mette Marit? Be it text or video/audio.

I'm of norwegian ancestry though born in America. most of stuff I come across is in norwegian or german, I can understand some of it but it's difficult most times.

News: Sex survey with Crown Prince and Princess

Todays "story" in all papers is a poll that a paper has asked a polling agency to conduct, they have sent a question-form to several people

Some of the questions are:
Would you take ... as your mistress/lover
Would you want ..... to be the father/mother of your children

Among the women the men can choose about is CPcess Mette-Marit, Minister Karita Bekkemellem, actresses Ane Dahl Torp and Maria Bonnevie

The women can choose among Crown Prince Haakon, Minister of Forreign Affairs Jonas Gahr Støre, former Norwegoan soccer goalie Erik Thorsteved and others (lots of very good choices IMO;) )

The rest of the Poll is about work, family, care of the older, one of the questions is if you have ever had sex with your boss:p . Several people have contacted VG and said they found the poll a wee invasive, and a man said that he did not think the celbreties and Mette-Marit had volountered their name for use in this poll.

In VG they are now rejoicing that it seems it is their biggest competition the tabloid Dagbladet that has ordered the poll and ofcourse they splash it all over the frontpage with the Title: Mette-Marit used in SEX-POLL (note the capital letters) (Dagbladet has so far no mention of this survey all the other big papers have so it seems it really is them who have done it and that there will be some articles on it later) A psychologists says to VG she find the poll over the line and that it is abuse of famous people

None of the celebreites VG has talked to seems to care very much or feel very offended and the Palace has no oppinion on the poll
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=302787
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/iriks/article1244799.ece
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article580424.ece

the english article from Aftenposten :

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1245313.ece

Sex survey with crown prince and princess

A new survey has sparked controversy by including a question where men were asked if they would have sex with Crown Princess Mette-Marit.

The survey by market analysis bureau MMI Univero asked 500 Norwegians if they could consider Crown Princess Mette-Marit as a lover or mother to their children, newspaper VG reports.

oh my gosh, this seems to be in very bad taste. anything to sell papers i guess.

Reeks of bad taste and very disrespectful!:(

Too bad that the press has no respect whatsoever for the CP couple:( :mad:

Tiis extremly stupid....I couldn't believe is doing such a childish stuff by indirectly encouraging ppl to fantasize to b unfaithful...Do they want to prove tat the one who gets the high votes is the most attractive???Whoever that comes out v tis concept is totally a moron.

purple_platinum said:
Sex survey with crown prince and princess

A new survey has sparked controversy by including a question where men were asked if they would have sex with Crown Princess Mette-Marit.
At first, I was absolutely scandalized.

On second note, I came around to thinking that it was a compliment of the sexiness of this charming person who has Monsieur Haakon wrapped around her 'you know what'.

:)

I could understand if the questions were cleaner and asked differently.

Such as:

If you could marry one of the existing princess, who would she be?
Which princess do you think would be a better mother of your kids?
What prince would you fantasize being your husband?

Not, if they would consider Crown Princess Mette-Marit as a lover. That's just tacky as &*^^!:mad:

I agree that the survey is very tacky. It just really doesn't seem like a necessary question to ask and I agree that your "cleaner questions" would be a lot more polite.

Speculations about pregnancy

Hmmmm, dont know if to report it since its merely gossip but it might spread to other magazines as well so here goes.

Se og Hør specualtes that she is pregnant again:rolleyes: To see the bottom of the cover put your cursor on the cover in the heading here
http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer

As "proof" they use the pictures of her in this brown outift from thailand
http://img108.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc104&image=34962_4.jpg
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=248902&d=1150199545
(rex-scanpix)

Personally I think its just and incredible unflattering outfit, the rouching across the tummy the pouffy skirt and the badly cut jacket, combined with bad posture and the fact that she still has a little tummy after Sverre Magnus who was her 3 child who she ius still nursing.

She wore a similar longer skirt many weeks ago in a wedding and it was just as unflattering. Time will tell though, some months ago it was Maxima who was pregnant for sure, but now she looks thinner than ever, they are not models afterall.

I was thinking the same that Se og Hor wrote. Mette-Marit looks like she is pregnant. I think she was slimer a few months ago.

Lakshmi said:
I was thinking the same that Se og Hor wrote. Mette-Marit looks like she is pregnant. I think she was slimer a few months ago.

I think she just put on some weight. I think she'd try not to become pregnant while having one toddler and one baby who is still being nursed. She must have enough work to do as it is. Apart from that, I agree with the person who said the outfit was unflattering and her posture bad.

BTW, one of the German magazines wrote that MM has become very unpopular in Norway. Does anyone know whether this is true?

I think Mette Marit isn't pregnant:( , because Sverre have 6 months and Mette Marit didn't lose her weight since the Sverre's birth.

Yes I am wondering the same thing. It would explain alot.

I don't think Mette-Marit is pregnant. I think it's just a little extra weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom