Various News and Discussions about Haakon and Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nannies

Pictures scanned from Se og Hør of Haakon MM an IA this weekend: I have posed two of the pictures before so they are uploded with Image Shack:
color0001ia26os.jpg

and btw Ingrid and Marius' nanny Maria has give birth to a son according to the magazine:

Attachments

• Uten navn.JPG
    Uten navn.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,231
juliamontague said:
Why did they put the red circle there?
It was about that Haakon didn't care that Ingrid was making his pants dirrty

LaMinka said:
Pictures scanned from Se og Hør of Haakon MM an IA this weekend

thank you for these scans, LaMinka! :) :)
i miss seeing them.. i guess as she gets closer to her due date, we won't see her again.
i'm really hoping they did some family photo session with mette-marit's huge bump but it's highly unlikely, so we'll just have to wait until the baby is born! sigh.... :eek: :eek:

LaMinka said:
and btw Ingrid and Marius' nanny Maria has give birth to a son according to the magazine:

who is this girl maria? is she norwegian? the name doesn't sound scandinavian at all. she also seems pretty young to be the nanny for the royal family, isn't she? i thought they looked for really experienced nannies... is there any more info about her?

btw, thanks laminka for the scans! did mm cut her hair? in this pic it looks shorter...
attachment.php

Maria is a very common Norwegian name (13 800 women has the name) Maria Bergseth Friestad Sikkeland is the daughter of Elfrid Bergseth that was the nanny of Haakon and Märtha Louise between 1975-78 (Elfrid and her husband was also invited to their weddings). Haakon and Mette-Marit attended Marias wedding two years ago. She is educated in childrens pedagogy. She is 27 or 28. I think the reason she was hired was because they knew they could trust her not to talk to the press considering her mother worked there for many years also.

She has worked for Haakon and Mette-Marit since the got engaged, she also takes on some secretary duties besides taking care of their children.

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=210283

I dont think Mette-Marit cut her hair its just hidden in her bini, they visited the astro festival at the universtiy in Oslo, they arrived after it was dark and all the light was turned of and was only discovered when a little girl screamed out:
-Its Mette-Marit, look at her big belly.

Last edited:
Norwegian royals and security

I think we can say for sure that she will not be at the centenary events, even if she has the baby soon I dont know about any woman who has just had her 3 child and will feel up to don a gala dress infront of the intired Norwegian press.:cool:

Vg has an article about how the security around the royals and especially Mette-Marit has been increased now right before the birth.

VG quotes Se og Hør that reports that Mette-Mairt has gotten a violence/safety alarm. It’s a small gadget with a red button and if she pushes it the police will be immediately alarmed. She ha also been allowed to use it if something should happen in the end of the pregnancy so that the doctors can be immediately alarmed. They also say that the safety around Mette-Marit has been gradually increased, now she can not be outside without two bodyguards from the Police (Me: when she was first engaged she was sometimes out without any protection) Also Marius has now a bodyguard full time. Also Princess Märtha Louise has the safety alarm. For the royals it is mostly mentally disturbed people that are the problem, especially Märtha has had problems with disturbed men after she got married and had children

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=109609

Added:
Here are the story in english from Aftenposten
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1159545.ece

Last edited:
When Marius goes to school how does security work?

I have wondered this before about wealthy children (well their parents are wealthy), I assume they go to a Private school where they lock the doors etc.

But what about Marius, does the bodyguard stay at the school all day?

EmmieLou said:
When Marius goes to school how does security work?

I have wondered this before about wealthy children (well their parents are wealthy), I assume they go to a Private school where they lock the doors etc.

But what about Marius, does the bodyguard stay at the school all day?

I think the bodyguard would sit in the back of the class and pretty much follow him around everywhere, but blend in a bit. Watching the child is his job after all.

All the Royals' bodyguards (Harald down to Haakon) stayed in the hall while class was in progress so I see no reason why Marius' bodyguard would proceed differently.

Mandy said:
All the Royals' bodyguards (Harald down to Haakon) stayed in the hall while class was in progress so I see no reason why Marius' bodyguard would proceed differently.

I'm new to the whole subject of Norwegian Royal protocol, so thanks Mandy for the info.:)

i think this idea of somesort of panic button is really important.
i'm glad they implemented this for Mette-Marit & Martha Louise.
do the rest of the royal family has too?

Education of the royal family

oh btw, none of the norwegian royal family goes to private schools, I assume the same thing for Marius too!

Spitzy said:
oh btw, none of the norwegian royal family goes to private schools, I assume the same thing for Marius too!

yes, if i'm not mistaken, he goes to school nearby skaugum, in asker.

I think it's necessary for any celebrity to have these security measures. There are alot of risks for famous people these days and they need and deserve the protection. It's also helpful for CP Mette-Marit since she is so close to the end of her pregnancy. I read somewhere once that the British Royals had them, and they were called 'panic buttons'?

frontpage.aspx

a picture of this week's se og hor. they say something about an alarm for mette marit. can anyone translate?

But remember its se og hor.
Dont trust the things in that magazine

betina said:
But remember its se og hor.
Dont trust the things in that magazine
They did have rigth that MM was pregnant and they have much rigth but.. still its se og hør..(or Spy og Gør as I call it)

that's true! we were talking about the increased security. maybe it has something to do with that (i was actually thinking she had a false alarm, as mary or letizia some months ago).

so, se og hor is not a reliable source?

Back to the security guards for the royal children in school, I second what Mandy said. I recall reading an article a long time ago about the security people around William and Harry and it also said that their guards stayed in the hallway -- which would make sense -- unless someone were climbing in the window, they could head off an intruder before (s)he got to the classroom and threatened all the children.

I read somewhere that these alarms are rather small, so even a child could carry one. Personally, I like the idea of the royals having them for safety.

I wonder if it sets of a noise in the guards ear piece or something. I don't know much about the subject.

how far away doies märtha luoiuse live from her broher and Mette marit

i thinj that everybody chnges when going through life and passing different milesstones as getting married and each child is a milestone that change your life

Mette-Marit on dating tv-show

I read on Wikipedia that Mette-Marit in her younger days was on a t.v. to in their words "looking for a man" and I was wondering if anybody had any pictures of video of this?

HRHAmy said:
I read on Wikipedia that Mette-Marit in her younger days was on a t.v. to in their words "looking for a man" and I was wondering if anybody had any pictures of video of this?

they showed that video in my country the day they wed. i thought that was quite impolite, since it's not in my opinion the time when something like that is supposed to be shown. she went to one of those programs to find a partner, and they presented her some men they thought she may like, and then she chose one. i think that was the only time she was in the tv, in that show. perhaps some of the norwegian posters can tell us more...

OMG that was horrible to show that video on her wedding day! I don't know if the media knows they are being that cruel sometimes or maybe they do. I know Haakon and Mette-Marit is busy with the baby but is there any new news about them?

carlota said:
they showed that video in my country the day they wed. i thought that was quite impolite, since it's not in my opinion the time when something like that is supposed to be shown. she went to one of those programs to find a partner, and they presented her some men they thought she may like, and then she chose one. i think that was the only time she was in the tv, in that show. perhaps some of the norwegian posters can tell us more...

In her biography it says that she took part in that dating show because her friend presented the program. Apparently it was a rather stupid show, more for fun than for finding real love. It also says she was pregnant at this time and that this guy won an eveinng of dancing with her, as far as I remember.

Problems in getting to Prince Christian's christening

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=415282:fid=100300348/
CP Haakon, Cpss Mette-Marit, Prince Sverre Magnus, Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn was not able to fly to Copenhagen, they were already waiting at the airport

They are now taking the night train to Copenhagen
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/iriks/article1202974.ece

Ingrid Alexandra is at skaugum with Marius and Mette-Marits mother
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/article1203002.ece
Pics scanpix/aftenposten

Attachments

• KRONPRINSESSE__0489_359431h.jpg
    KRONPRINSESSE__0489_359431h.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 291
  • KRONPRINSESSE__0489_359432h.jpg
    KRONPRINSESSE__0489_359432h.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 195