The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

In those pictures that were linked here, she does look pregnant. It's either the way she's standing, the shirt or the way she's wearing the skirt. All in all, it's not flattering regardless. If she stood up a little straighter and wore some different tops, any weight she might have around her tummy wouldn't be so noticible and lead people to think she's expecting when she's not.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 01-19-2007, 08:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

She does look pregnant but I think it is wrong for people to say she is fat. She is slim with pperhaps some excess weight around her belly but what do you expect after 3 children?

Old 01-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Serene Highness

I dont think she pregnant at all , but I suppose everyone has there own opinion!
Old 01-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Royal Highness

I don't think so either. She seems to be wearing a maternity style blouse and that paired with her imperfect posture simply makes her appear pregnant.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Serene Highness

gosh ! must be horriable if people are always going on about you being pregnant when in truth , its just the way the picture as caught you !
Old 01-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
gosh ! must be horriable if people are always going on about you being pregnant when in truth , its just the way the picture as caught you !
Especially if the alternative is that people think you're fat.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
She does look pregnant but I think it is wrong for people to say she is fat. She is slim with pperhaps some excess weight around her belly but what do you expect after 3 children?

I don't know if this was directed at my post or not, but I didn't say she was fat. I said any weight she MIGHT have around her tummy......I know she's had 3 children, so she's not going to have a supermodel's abs. I was merely saying that coupling that with the top she chose to wear and her posture, it can lead people to think that a) she has gained weight or b) she's expecting.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 01-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I don't know if this was directed at my post or not.
No it isn't directed at anyone's post i didn't mean to cause any offence. It is my own opinion becuase I have read elsewhere where people stating she is just fat not pregnant which i personally think is harsh and unneccesary
Old 01-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
No it isn't directed at anyone's post i didn't mean to cause any offence. It is my own opinion becuase I have read elsewhere where people stating she is just fat not pregnant which i personally think is harsh and unneccesary

No worries, I wasn't offended. Just clarifying what the intent of my post was.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:25 AM
Serene Highness

I think MM doesn't look bad, her face looks very nice recently, she seems more relaxed and self confident. Her smile always was charming but lately she seems happier then ever. Re: her weight. While it is quite normal that most women have problem with loosing it after pregnancy, I would expect MM, because of her position to work on it. Again she looks OK, but other princesses also had 2 or 3 kids, they are in Matte's age, but they managed to keep their weight. Again no harm intended.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 01-20-2007, 01:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi
I think MM doesn't look bad, her face looks very nice recently, she seems more relaxed and self confident. Her smile always was charming but lately she seems happier then ever. Re: her weight. While it is quite normal that most women have problem with loosing it after pregnancy, I would expect MM, because of her position to work on it. Again she looks OK, but other princesses also had 2 or 3 kids, they are in Matte's age, but they managed to keep their weight. Again no harm intended.
I think it's important to remember that having a little belly doesn't prevent a princess from doing her job well. If Mette-Marit is a healthy weight, and feels comfortable with it, I think that's great. I think it's good for young girls to see women of all body types in the spotlight.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanfan
I think it's important to remember that having a little belly doesn't prevent a princess from doing her job well. If Mette-Marit is a healthy weight, and feels comfortable with it, I think that's great. I think it's good for young girls to see women of all body types in the spotlight.
couldnt agree more. she's a great role model in that she sends a message that you dont have to be stick thin to be beautiful and be a princess.

people tend to loose weight when they're stressed out and nervous. thus I think the fact that MM is a tiny bit heavier these days shows that she is comfortable and relaxed in her royal role.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful but she does look like pregnant
Old 04-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09
Beautiful but she does look like pregnant
I would love it to be true but until it is offically announced, we can only hope. They make such beautiful children, I would love to see them have a bunch, since money isn't an issue, I think they should have an equal dozen. LOL
Old 04-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Yes! She looks as being pregnant...I hope for a little sister or brother to Princess Ingrid Alexandra, Marius and Prince Sverre Magnus. But until now, I suppose it's only our feverish imaginaton! There has been so many pregnancies in Royal cercles that we are seeing babies and pregnant women everywhere!

Vanesa.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Royal Highness

i don't know... the shirt looks like it's a little poofy. it could very easily make her look like she's pregnant, even though she's in reality not. but who knows. we may have a new little prince or princess coming in a while!
Old 04-20-2007, 04:19 AM
Nobility

I was also guessing which princess (if any) would be pregnant next and of course Mette-Marit and Mathilde would be the obvious ones.

I don't like to speculate but photos of Mette-Marit lately (particularly the green dress for the State Visit from Austria) she looks a bit plumper than normal. It could just be winter weight but time will tell.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Considering how she has, to some, been looking like she's pregnant the whole winter, without any announcement being made - I think any speculation on the whole pregnancy issue is premature.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Considering how she has, to some, been looking like she's pregnant the whole winter, without any announcement being made - I think any speculation on the whole pregnancy issue is premature.
I agree. If she was, it wouldve been announced by now.Im guessing that she didnt loose all her baby weight from her last pregnancy. Anyways, she still looks great thin or abit of extra weigh on.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

IMO she's not pregnant - it's the shirt. Lots of tops this season are made a certain way, and even if you were a size 2, you'd still look like you were pregnant in them. You can look at her legs and tell she's not. In fact I think she looks thinner in these pics.

Tags
education, marius borg høiby, norwegian royal family