The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-24-2004, 07:40 PM
Aristocracy

Mette-Marit wearing Jeans upon arrival in Madrid: May 2004

I don't like CP Mette Marit's outfit...she is dressed way to casual. Especially, since CP Haakon is wearing a suit.

Old 05-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I don't like CP Mette Marit's outfit...she is dressed way to casual. Especially, since CP Haakon is wearing a suit.
I agree...she shld hve made an effort to dress better. what she wore here is just too casual esp if cp is in a suit.

Old 05-24-2004, 10:50 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Quote:
I agree...she shld hve made an effort to dress better. what she wore here is just too casual esp if cp is in a suit.
Really? Her outfit is what I loved! I adored how casual it was. It made her look really natural and comfortable.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by defalco@May 24th, 2004 - 9:50 pm

Really? Her outfit is what I loved! I adored how casual it was. It made her look really natural and comfortable.
[/quote]
Taken from the Princess Martha-Louise & Ari Behn forum: an article from newspaper Dagbladet which discusses before Norweigan princesses outfits at the wedding.

"According to newspaper Dagbladet, Crown Princess Mette-Marit also came
under fashion fire in Spain for coming down the red carpet upon
arrival dressed in jeans.

Norwegian fashion commentators that spoke to Dagbladet agreed that
this was a faux pas, even though the arrival was not part of any
official program." "

IMO opinion, jeans are so cumfy...but once Mette-Marit became a crown princess her jeans should be worn only for around the palace.
Old 05-25-2004, 02:28 AM
Commoner

Does the Crown Princess have ladies in waiting or fashion advisers to help her dress for her role as a Crown Princess ?.....just wondering
Old 05-25-2004, 02:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
theprincess    Posted: May 25th, 2004 - 12:08 am

"According to newspaper Dagbladet, Crown Princess Mette-Marit also came
under fashion fire in Spain for coming down the red carpet upon
arrival dressed in jeans.
How come everybody gets so "fussed" with blue jeans, when black jeans are so acceptable. If black is ok, then imho blue is ok too.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by saxon@May 25th, 2004 - 1:28 am
Does the Crown Princess have ladies in waiting or fashion advisers to help her dress for her role as a Crown Princess ?.....just wondering
sure. nearly all royals have a fashion adviser.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Gentry

About Mette wearing jeans at her arrival: It isn't a big mistake, but I think that she must be aware about her image as a princess. She really makes a better impression when she weares much more representative clothes like a nice comfortable pantalon with a jacket or blouse. Look at Maxima and Mathilde: they really are goodlooking and really act like princesses ought to do.
At home when Mette's playing footbal with her son or is on vacation or another private thing she can wear jeans. I really think she must do better about clothing.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Commoner

Well, I still loved the jeans.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness

I am always amazed by Mette-Marit. She is so naturally beautiful. She has such a "glow" about her. And to think, the look didn't take 5 pounds of makeup to achieve.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriella@Jun 25th, 2004 - 4:11 pm
I am always amazed by Mette-Marit. She is so naturally beautiful. She has such a "glow" about her. And to think, the look didn't take 5 pounds of makeup to achieve.
Gabriella, I was thinking the same thing. No 5 pounds of makeup needed for Mette-Marit to glow. There have been many kings and queens in the past (and Presidents, too, over here in the US) who haven't been exactly what the masses have wanted, but one cannot deny that they still remain in the history books. After all of us are dead and gone, those history books will reflect that Norway's next queen will be CP Mette-Marit. You just cannot deny that fact.

And, "why" deny that fact anyway? No one knows, not even me, how great MM might fulfill her role as queen? All of the criticism, I believe, is in the most part "groundless". Haakon is a pretty smart individual, and if he chose her as his wife, he must have seen her potential. I think her inner self is made of "steel" to withstand her critics and still come out looking beautiful, fresh, and "on-the-go". She didn't even take the full maternity leave she was intitled to.

And, I'm sick to death about this "jeans bit". I wonder if anyone noted that Princess Theodora of Greece (or of the Hellenes) also was wearing jeans when she arrived at the airport for the "Spanish wedding"? I've read that funds for the Royal Family of Norway is "sort of in the red" ~ and maybe Mette-Marit is aware of this, therefore, not wearing "top flight wear" on the plane makes sense to me. She is certainly not a "clotheshorse" ~ and, I believe that's just fine with her.

Elizajane
Old 06-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Courtier

I also agree with what Elizajane and Jasl have said. Being a Crown Princess and Queen is much more than showing up at events now and then well dressed, smiling and shaking hands. Even to do that day after day can be exhausting.

And many, many successful people past and present have achieved many great things without degrees or diplomas. Having a degree or diploma is only one measure of thousands of others of a successful person.

Old 07-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Courtier

Speculation about pregnancy

Just as there are rumors about Maxima's possible pregnancy, I saw the same rumor about Mette-Marit. Any word in the Norwegian press on the possibility?
Old 07-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Royal Highness

except that I am of the mind too that MM might be pregger's again ..... how about after the summer holidays end and she has her first three months without incident, could it be announced then ?
Old 07-18-2004, 04:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Jul 12th, 2004 - 6:04 pm
except that I am of the mind too that MM might be pregger's again ..... how about after the summer holidays end and she has her first three months without incident, could it be announced then ?
Except the fact that it's would be great if one of our dear crown princesses would be pregnant, don't forget that it's holidays summers, and that newpapers are full of pregnancy rumors when nothing happens. And we had a very rich year for pregnancies and births.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Gentry

Why are they traveling with Ingrid but not Marius for official travels?

Question:
Saw a topic that said Ingrid Alexandra was a jet-setting baby. That was cute. Well anyways my question is, saw pictures of the Royal family with just the baby. Does Marius also travel with them or does he stay behind in Norway due to being school-age?
Old 09-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by contessa
Question:
Saw a topic that said Ingrid Alexandra was a jet-setting baby. That was cute. Well anyways my question is, saw pictures of the Royal family with just the baby. Does Marcus also travel with them or does he stay behind in Norway due to being school-age?
As Marius is in school, I believe that when Haakon and Mette-Marit are away on official trips, such as the recent ones to Jordan and Iceland when they took Ingrid Alexandra, Marius usually stays with his father or his maternal grandmother.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Since Mette-Marit is breast-feeding Ingrid Alexandra, Ingrid Alexandra goes with them on longer trips. The recent trip to Finnmark is one of the first in which she stayed at Skaugum with Marius and their maternal grandmother.

Marius has to attend school, and cannot go with them everywhere. The same will be the case when Ingrid Alexandra grows old enough to attend. Norwegian schools are usually pretty lenient when parents wants to take their children with them for a holiday trip, but most of the journeys Mette-Marit and Haakon takes are official trips and would not be very fun for Marius at all.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Gentry

Thanks for all the input. I am an American and all the royal doings are new to me but very very interesting. I have enjoyed reading the posts and broading my horizon.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

as recently we saw princess elisabeth going to a public school, does marius attend to a public or private school? what about ingrid alexandra? any news on that? do they want a private or public school for her?

btw, isn't it a bit strange that ingrid and marius stay with their grandmother? do they have special security or something like that when they are staying there?

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all

Tags
education, marius borg høiby, norwegian royal family