Various News and Discussions about Haakon and Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by defalco@May 24th, 2004 - 9:50 pm

Really? Her outfit is what I loved! I adored how casual it was. It made her look really natural and comfortable.
[/quote]
Taken from the Princess Martha-Louise & Ari Behn forum: an article from newspaper Dagbladet which discusses before Norweigan princesses outfits at the wedding.

"According to newspaper Dagbladet, Crown Princess Mette-Marit also came
under fashion fire in Spain for coming down the red carpet upon
arrival dressed in jeans.

Norwegian fashion commentators that spoke to Dagbladet agreed that
this was a faux pas, even though the arrival was not part of any
official program." "

IMO opinion, jeans are so cumfy...but once Mette-Marit became a crown princess her jeans should be worn only for around the palace.

Does the Crown Princess have ladies in waiting or fashion advisers to help her dress for her role as a Crown Princess ?.....just wondering

theprincess    Posted: May 25th, 2004 - 12:08 am

"According to newspaper Dagbladet, Crown Princess Mette-Marit also came
under fashion fire in Spain for coming down the red carpet upon
arrival dressed in jeans.
How come everybody gets so "fussed" with blue jeans, when black jeans are so acceptable. If black is ok, then imho blue is ok too.

Originally posted by saxon@May 25th, 2004 - 1:28 am
Does the Crown Princess have ladies in waiting or fashion advisers to help her dress for her role as a Crown Princess ?.....just wondering
sure. nearly all royals have a fashion adviser.

About Mette wearing jeans at her arrival: It isn't a big mistake, but I think that she must be aware about her image as a princess. She really makes a better impression when she weares much more representative clothes like a nice comfortable pantalon with a jacket or blouse. Look at Maxima and Mathilde: they really are goodlooking and really act like princesses ought to do.
At home when Mette's playing footbal with her son or is on vacation or another private thing she can wear jeans. I really think she must do better about clothing.

I am always amazed by Mette-Marit. She is so naturally beautiful. She has such a "glow" about her. And to think, the look didn't take 5 pounds of makeup to achieve. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Gabriella@Jun 25th, 2004 - 4:11 pm
I am always amazed by Mette-Marit. She is so naturally beautiful. She has such a "glow" about her. And to think, the look didn't take 5 pounds of makeup to achieve. :rolleyes:
Gabriella, I was thinking the same thing. No 5 pounds of makeup needed for Mette-Marit to glow. There have been many kings and queens in the past (and Presidents, too, over here in the US) who haven't been exactly what the masses have wanted, but one cannot deny that they still remain in the history books. After all of us are dead and gone, those history books will reflect that Norway's next queen will be CP Mette-Marit. You just cannot deny that fact.

And, "why" deny that fact anyway? No one knows, not even me, how great MM might fulfill her role as queen? All of the criticism, I believe, is in the most part "groundless". Haakon is a pretty smart individual, and if he chose her as his wife, he must have seen her potential. I think her inner self is made of "steel" to withstand her critics and still come out looking beautiful, fresh, and "on-the-go". She didn't even take the full maternity leave she was intitled to.

And, I'm sick to death about this "jeans bit". I wonder if anyone noted that Princess Theodora of Greece (or of the Hellenes) also was wearing jeans when she arrived at the airport for the "Spanish wedding"? I've read that funds for the Royal Family of Norway is "sort of in the red" ~ and maybe Mette-Marit is aware of this, therefore, not wearing "top flight wear" on the plane makes sense to me. She is certainly not a "clotheshorse" ~ and, I believe that's just fine with her.

Elizajane

I also agree with what Elizajane and Jasl have said. Being a Crown Princess and Queen is much more than showing up at events now and then well dressed, smiling and shaking hands. Even to do that day after day can be exhausting.

And many, many successful people past and present have achieved many great things without degrees or diplomas. Having a degree or diploma is only one measure of thousands of others of a successful person.

Speculation about pregnancy

Just as there are rumors about Maxima's possible pregnancy, I saw the same rumor about Mette-Marit. Any word in the Norwegian press on the possibility?

except that I am of the mind too that MM might be pregger's again ..... how about after the summer holidays end and she has her first three months without incident, could it be announced then ?

Originally posted by King Christian@Jul 12th, 2004 - 6:04 pm
except that I am of the mind too that MM might be pregger's again ..... how about after the summer holidays end and she has her first three months without incident, could it be announced then ?
Except the fact that it's would be great if one of our dear crown princesses would be pregnant, don't forget that it's holidays summers, and that newpapers are full of pregnancy rumors when nothing happens. And we had a very rich year for pregnancies and births.

Why are they traveling with Ingrid but not Marius for official travels?

Question:
Saw a topic that said Ingrid Alexandra was a jet-setting baby. That was cute. Well anyways my question is, saw pictures of the Royal family with just the baby. Does Marius also travel with them or does he stay behind in Norway due to being school-age?

Last edited:
contessa said:
Question:
Saw a topic that said Ingrid Alexandra was a jet-setting baby. That was cute. Well anyways my question is, saw pictures of the Royal family with just the baby. Does Marcus also travel with them or does he stay behind in Norway due to being school-age?
As Marius is in school, I believe that when Haakon and Mette-Marit are away on official trips, such as the recent ones to Jordan and Iceland when they took Ingrid Alexandra, Marius usually stays with his father or his maternal grandmother.

Since Mette-Marit is breast-feeding Ingrid Alexandra, Ingrid Alexandra goes with them on longer trips. The recent trip to Finnmark is one of the first in which she stayed at Skaugum with Marius and their maternal grandmother.

Marius has to attend school, and cannot go with them everywhere. The same will be the case when Ingrid Alexandra grows old enough to attend. Norwegian schools are usually pretty lenient when parents wants to take their children with them for a holiday trip, but most of the journeys Mette-Marit and Haakon takes are official trips and would not be very fun for Marius at all.

Thanks for all the input. I am an American and all the royal doings are new to me but very very interesting. I have enjoyed reading the posts and broading my horizon.

as recently we saw princess elisabeth going to a public school, does marius attend to a public or private school? what about ingrid alexandra? any news on that? do they want a private or public school for her?

btw, isn't it a bit strange that ingrid and marius stay with their grandmother? do they have special security or something like that when they are staying there?

Marius attends a public school, Rollsløkka, just outside the gates of Skaugum. Whether or not Ingrid Alexandra will attend the same school is not known, she's got 5 more years before that happens. It's a relatively safe bet that the school she does attend will be public, though, as the Norwegian royals have very little traditions regarding private schools.

Ingrid Alexandra and Marius stayed at their home, at Skaugum. Their grandmother came there to be with them. I would presume that the security is high, wherever they are.

Skaugum is fenced in and guarded by the the royal guard, some weeks ago it was pictures of MM mother with Ingrid and they were followed by a lifeguard, I think there will always be lifeguards around Ingrid. It is also possible that the nanny stayed with Ingrid, Marius and Marit Tjessem

Larzen said:
Skaugum is fenced in and guarded by the the royal guard, some weeks ago it was pictures of MM mother with Ingrid and they were followed by a lifeguard, I think there will always be lifeguards around Ingrid. It is also possible that the nanny stayed with Ingrid, Marius and Marit Tjessem
Does anybody have these pics? I never saw them.

carlota said:
as recently we saw princess elisabeth going to a public school, does marius attend to a public or private school? what about ingrid alexandra? any news on that? do they want a private or public school for her?

btw, isn't it a bit strange that ingrid and marius stay with their grandmother? do they have special security or something like that when they are staying there?
Doesn't princess Elisabeth go to a private school? Her cousins go to the same one, and I think it is private, because there is religious education (if i'm not mistaken, which I could be...)

Mette-Marit and Norwegian design

November 29, 2004: Video of Mette-Marit cutting ribbon and speaking.

ScanpixVideo (Click on small left triangle)

Mette Marit got a pop-art portrait from Design Team called "Bleed''

Here is the article...

Kronprinsesse Mette-Marit blir popkunst
t.gif

Nå har også kronprinsesse Mette-Marit fått sitt pop-art-portrett.

Av KIRSTI HOVLAND
t.gif

http://www.vg.no/bilder/bildarkiv/1101551859.12272.jpg
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-2]POPULÆR: Her er portrettet som viser en moderne kronprinsesse Mette-Marit, designet av Bleed. [/size][/font]
VG Nett følger:
Kronprinsparet

For svigermoren dronning Sonja har Andy Warhols portrett betydd mye i prestisje. Designerne bak det dristige portrettet av Kronprinsessen mente tiden var inne for et moderne portrett av Mette-Marit.

Portrettet er laget av det mestvinnende norske designbyrået Bleed og er en gave fra Norsk Designråd, som kronprinsesse Mette-Marit er høy beskytter for.

- En ny tid krever nye typer portretter, vi håper å ha fått til en ikonisk effekt. For det får vi håpe Mette-Marit kommer til å bli, sier Kjetil Wold, senior designer og partner i Bleed.

Fri tolkning

Bleeds portrett har et eget monogram til Mette-Marit og har tolket det norske riksvåpen fritt.

Under en tilstelning på Skaugum nylig der 34 norske designere var invitert, fikk Mette-Marit portrettet, som kan minne om bilder i den berømte «Celebrities»-serien til den legendariske pop-art-kunstneren Andy Warhol.

Warhols portretter av kjente mennesker innbefatter alt fra Marilyn Monroe til Mao. Etter hvert laget han også serier av kongelige, som dronning Sonja og danske dronning Margrethe.

Dronning Sonja ble under et besøk i New York i 1982 innvilget audiens hos Warhol. Resultatet ble et portrett som siden gikk til Nasjonalgalleriet og etter hvert Museet for samtidskunst.

Direktør for Nasjonalmuseet, Sune Nordgren, sier om portrettets betydning:

- At en av 1900-tallets viktigste kunstnere ville portrettere dronning Sonja, har styrket Dronningens image internasjonalt. Også at hun stilte opp på det. Det har betonet ytterligere kvaliteter hos henne i kunstkretser, sier Nordgren.

Om at det skal være laget et lignende portrett av Mette-Marit, sier han:

- Det er bare en parafrase, jeg tolker det nesten som en spøk.

Men designerne bak portrettet av Mette-Marit understreker at de har en helt annen agenda:
http://www.vg.no/bilder/bildarkiv/1101552005.09978.jpg[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-2]
OVERRASKET: Her får kronprinsesse Mette-Marit overrakt portrettet på Skaugum av designer Kjetil Wold (t.v.) og direktør i Norsk Designråd, Jan Stavik.
[/size][/font]- Moderne vri

- Vi ville gjøre en moderne vri på pop-art-portrettet, tilføre vårt uttrykk. Og Mette-Marit som en ambassadør for norsk design kan godt være litt i forkant av trendene, det har hun vist at hun våger å være, påpeker Wold.

- Dette er dessuten bare en pastisj på Warhols serie. Men det signaliserer at Mette-Marit er en moderne kongelig, sier Kjetil Wold.

I motsetning til sin svigermor satt ikke Mette-Marit modell for det spesielle portrettet. Det gjorde derimot dronning Sonja i Warhols berømte Factory.

I boken «Impulser, portrett av en samler», som dronning Sonja har laget i samarbeid med Hans Jacob Brun, forteller Dronningen om møtet med Warhol i 1982. Og så fornøyd med portrettet er hun at hun har valgt det som omslag på boken.

Om audiensen hos Warhol sier dronning Sonja i boken:

«Den dagen jeg kom til New York, skulle det ligge en beskjed i resepsjonen på hotellet med navnet på en kunstner man trodde jeg ville ha interesse av å møte. På lappen sto det Andy Warhol, med tidspunkt påfølgende dag, og beskjed om at vi ville bli hentet. Og det ble vi, i en limousin som strakte seg herfra til månen. Sammen med en god venn fra Norge og en venninne fra Bahamas ble jeg kjørt med blålys ned til the Factory.»

Grete Kobro, informasjonsdirektør i Norsk Designråd, hadde ideen til gaven til Mette-Marit:

- Vi syntes dette var en spennende gave til en kronprinsesse som vi håper skal komme til å bety like mye for design som hennes svigermor gjør for kunsten.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Mette Marit opens a design exhibition by Norsk Designråd

[size=+3]Mette-Marit åpnet designutstilling[/size]
t.gif

Kronprinsesse Mette-Marit åpnet mandag utstillingen Unge Talenter ved Norsk Design- og Arkitektursenter i Oslo.

http://www.vg.no/bilder/bildarkiv/1101750834.35708.jpg
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-2]UNGT TALENT: Kronprinsessen i samtale med Kari Aandal som gikk til topps i klassen for økodesign med sitt solcelledrevne minikjøleskap. Foto: SCANPIX[/size][/font]VG Nett følger:
Kronprinsparet

27 av Norges mest lovende unge designere viser fram sine produkter på utstillingen.

Til sammen 73 designere deltok i år i konkurransen Unge Talenter. På utstillingen vises vinnerarbeidene fram sammen med 23 andre utvalgte arbeider.

- Utrolig høy kvalitet. Dette er designere vi garantert vil se mer av i fremtiden, sa prosjektleder Eline Strøm-Gundersen i Norsk Designråd ved åpningen.

Hun lovet at besøkende på utstillingen vil få se spennende produkter innenfor industridesign, transportdesign, møbeldesign og konfeksjondesign.

Vinnerne av Unge Talenter er allerede kåret. Anne Britt Torkildsby fikk prisen i åpen klasse med sitt nyskapende, muskelforsterkende undertøy for slagpasienter. I klassen for økodesign gikk Kari Aandal til topps med sitt solcelledrevne minikjøleskap.

Last edited by a moderator:
warm and pregnant

The Crown Princess truly is a warm person! I've always thought she was very pretty but after seeing the recent video posted here, she seems so warm, kind and natural. Norway should be proud to have this wonderful woman as their future Queen.

Anyone think that The CP might be pregnant? She seems to be wearing things lately that make her appear that she might be. I thought it was just my imagination but her recent illness made me wonder as well...

defalco said:
The Crown Princess truly is a warm person! I've always thought she was very pretty but after seeing the recent video posted here, she seems so warm, kind and natural. Norway should be proud to have this wonderful woman as their future Queen.

Anyone think that The CP might be pregnant? She seems to be wearing things lately that make her appear that she might be. I thought it was just my imagination but her recent illness made me wonder as well...
wait and see if she would have another baby? when she would get add pregnant if she would found out they will tell to King and Queen to annoucement but her daughter is less years old but its soon become 1 years old in January.

Sara Boyce

defalco said:

You're probably not the only one wondering about that... :D

I dont think she is pregnant. If you look at the schedule the Norwegian royal family has next year it would be terrible timing, and Haakon is quite good with timing accually.... When she stands up straight and wears flattering clothes she does not look pregnant to me, but sometimes when she slouches or wear an untailored jacket I can understnad the rumour, still dont think she is... She is going to Malawi in January and I dont know if that would be the best place to go whilst pregnant.

I don't know, but the first thing I thought was that she might be expecting again as well. That would be lovely and even though Ingrid is just about to turn a year old, I had a co-worker of mine become pregnant with her second child only two months after giving birth to her second. It is possible.

And the clothes she has been wearing lately, esp. in these last photos, are not form fitting dresses as I am used to seeing her wear. They seem to be a bit lose on her.

But they do seem to be a couple so in love and I just love to see them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom