Various News and Discussions about Haakon and Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how she has, to some, been looking like she's pregnant the whole winter, without any announcement being made - I think any speculation on the whole pregnancy issue is premature.

norwegianne said:
Considering how she has, to some, been looking like she's pregnant the whole winter, without any announcement being made - I think any speculation on the whole pregnancy issue is premature.

I agree. If she was, it wouldve been announced by now.Im guessing that she didnt loose all her baby weight from her last pregnancy. Anyways, she still looks great thin or abit of extra weigh on.:flowers:

IMO she's not pregnant - it's the shirt. Lots of tops this season are made a certain way, and even if you were a size 2, you'd still look like you were pregnant in them. You can look at her legs and tell she's not. In fact I think she looks thinner in these pics.

wow mette marit is looking so pretty lately, i've never really though much of her look but when when ive seen some of the pictures on the last couple pages she is so much more prettier for some reason

Leonie said:
wow mette marit is looking so pretty lately, i've never really though much of her look but when when ive seen some of the pictures on the last couple pages she is so much more prettier for some reason

Maybe we're about to hear some wonderfull news from Skaugum soon?:wub:

Mette-Marit (who is patron of the Norwegian Council for Design) made an private unanounced visit to the day when the "Label for good design" and "Young talents award" was held and the Norwegian Center for Design and Architecture (not sure on the date, but it must be between 22-27 of April) the event was arranged by the Norwegian Council for Design

Picture by Johnny Syversen/norsk Designråd
ImageShack - Hosting :: hkhmmmfgdhigh20resyt5.jpg
from Merket for God Design og Unge Talenter 2007 - Norsk Designråd

yea the skirt is beautiful but i really think she should have left the black tights and jacket at home:flowers:

Mette's skirt is very nice, but there are too many colours! The black, the maroon, the stockings, it just looks a little mish-mash to me

Thanks for the pics Larzen. We have been able to see MM a lot lately. I don't think this outfit was a hit in my opinion. But since this is a design center that she attended maybe she tried just a little too hard. It does appear to be a very innovative outfit. My eyes were completely stuck on the skirt.

I'm also a little confused about the weather lately this outfit seemed very "winter" appropriate as far as the colors and she seemed warmly dressed. Whereas just the other day Mary was showing off her baby in a little weight top and shorter sleeves. I know it's different countries and all but it does seem that it should be warming up in Norway if it's warming up Denmark.

Last edited:
The skirt is a bit "brave" I would say and lovely. "outside " of official clothes but elegant

Thanks for the photo larzen !!!
when we can see the princes with its children?
I already have desire to see the children, must be precious.

How tall, in feet and inches please, is CP Mette-Marit?

Hello Everyone:

My name is Abbie and I'm new here, posting from Seattle Wa.
I have always liked Royalty, and reading about its members.
I am looking forward to participating here, but, because I don't own a computer, I cannot promise it will be all that often.

I have always wanted to know, please: How tall, in feet and inches, is the lovely CP Mette-Marit?
(Sorry, but the USA is not on The Metric System)

Thank you for any replies in advance.

Last edited:
HRH Abigail said:
Hello Everyone:

My name is Abbie and I'm new here, posting from Seattle Wa.
I have always liked Royalty, and reading about its members.
I am looking forward to participating here, but, because I don't own a computer, I cannot promise it will be all that often.

I have always wanted to know, please: How tall, in feet and inches, is the lovely CP Mette-Marit?
(Sorry, but the USA is not on The Metric System)

Thank you for any replies in advance.

Be welcome here.
There's already a thread about the heights of royal, you can find it here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f12/heights-royals-8331.html

Thank you!

tdarlene said:
Be welcome here.
There's already a thread about the heights of royal, you can find it here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f12/heights-royals-8331.html

I appreciate your reply to my post.
Thank you.

I already looked in the Thread that you linked me to.

I am sorry to report that I could not find any information about the height, in feet and inches, of CP Mette-Marit.

She just looks so tall, so that's why I was wondering. Also, she appears to be as tall as Haakon, no?

-- Abbie :flowers:

Thank you so very much for this Interview!

Larzen said:

the end, it is missing some small parts towrds the end but I ran out of energry:wacko:

Thank you so very much for translating this Article, from ELLE, into English for we who do not speak nor read Norwegian.
Your command of English is amazing!

I am new here.
I just read this Thread so that is why I am replying now, rather than back in 2006, when you first posted the translation.

I would love to read more and more about the lovely Mette-Marit, in English please.
I am sorry not to know Norwegian.

Thank you, Contessa!

contessa said:
I read the post on another link and I saw 5'10" For CP Mette-Marit

Thank you to Contessa and everyone who has helped me out, here. ;)

CP Mette-Marit looks so tall, but than so does the singer, Madonna and the latter is only 5'4"! :eek:

Can anyone tell me hoe tall Queen Silvia and the Swedish Princesses are?
They don't look very tall for Scandinavians!

Someone should open a thread with a conversion table from inches to cm, m! Just for me:)

Good for you!

Smilla said:
Oh, now I'm so proud I picked that up in spite of not speaking Norwegian! :)

Wow, impressive!

However, isn't Norwegian somewhat similar to German? (If I may ask)

I like listening to the parody. Norwegian sounds so soft and beautiful when spoken ... very lilting, actually.

And, the audience seemed to get a BIG kick out of the parody, too.

This monday Haakon, Mette-Marit, Marius, Ingrid and Sverre visited the Zoo in Kristiansand "incognito". Marit Tjessem was also with them. They had a guided tour by one of the staff from the park.

I guess it is autumn vacation this week and the kids have the week of from school and kindergarden? I also see neither Haakon or Mette-Marit has any work this week (except for the opening of Stortinget) so maybe they are spending the vacation in Kristiansand with her mother?

The pictures looks like they are taken by a cameraphone, but it looks like Mette-Marit had haircut, one can hope atleast:lol:
Fvn.no: Kongelig besøk i Dyreparken

she does not participate in the parlament opening. so she has time to spend with the children.

This monday Haakon, Mette-Marit, Marius, Ingrid and Sverre visited the Zoo in Kristiansand "incognito". Marit Tjessem was also with them. They had a guided tour by one of the staff from the park.

The pictures looks like they are taken by a cameraphone, but it looks like Mette-Marit had haircut, one can hope atleast:lol:
Fvn.no: Kongelig besøk i Dyreparken

It seems that she has shoulder length hair in the pic.

Any other pics about this trip?? I was hoping to see Ingrid and Sverre again :wub: They always look so cute.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit's nephew served in Afghanistan

Today an article came out in VG/NTB/Dagbladet where it was revealed that Mette-Marit's nephew, Joachim, had served in Afghanistan for 6 months recently.

"I think the Taliban are looking to get things that catches attention. The bigger tanks they can blow up - the better. I thought that it was okay that people there didn't know I was Mette-Marit's nephew, as long as I was in Afghanistan."

The son of the Norwegian defense minister was refused the right to serve in Afghanistan based, on the security assessment. The head of the army refused to say anything about which security assessment was the foundation for letting Høiby go.

Mette-Marits nevø i kamp i Afghanistan - VG Nett

Love is love, I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom