UNAIDS Young Leaders Summit in San Francisco, March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm glad they are both going! i'm sure it relates to haakon's involvement with the young global leaders and mm's involvement with unaids.

Haakon and mette-Marit start visit today. does anybody know their agenda?

Jenna Bush, daughter of US President George W. Bush, Heidi Larson, aids2031 Coordinator, Norwegian
Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit arrive at the De Young Museum for a reception
hosted by San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom in San Francisco, California 11 March 2008. The Royals
are in San Francisco to participate in the UNAID Youth Leader Summit along with 40 youth leaders from
all around the world. The meeting is part of the project, Aids2031 which was launched during the World
Economic Forum in January of this year.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thank you Iceflower for the pictures. MM looks nice and thank god she left the dark look at home. The couple look like theyre having a really good time.

Pic 1 -- Pic 2
(AP via Yahoo news)

she looks fantastic !

Yes she looks lovely thank heaven cream really suits her love the bag not completely sold on the jacket but all in all a whole world away from the sad looks of late.

I like seeing Mette-Marit in light colors, but I think her jacket style does not match the rest of her outfit.
BTW, her scrarf has a little red ribbon sign.:flowers:

I really like these two. I love the causes they stand for. Especially MM (so I forgive her bad clothing choices..although this time she looks nice).
They seem to me genuinely interested in humanitarian work.

On one of these threads MM visited what I think was a half-way house for ex-prostitutes.

Has there been any info about their visit? Whether Haakon or MM made a speech? It seems this event wasnt covered much or got much media attention though its one of those things that we should all be aware of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom