The World Economic Forum: Young Global Leaders, 2006-2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purple_platinum

Heir Apparent
City
Jakarta
Country
Indonesia
article from nettavisen

it seems like Crown Prince Haakon is going to attend the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

among other participants are Bill Gates, Angela Merkel, Michael Douglas.
and Crown Princess Victoria will attend as well.

Crown Prince Haakon arrived in Davos for the World Economic forum yesterday, he travels with Prime Minster Jens Stoltenberg, Minister of Forreign Affairs Jonas Gahr Støhre, and ledear of the forreign Affairs comitee Jan Petersen, also several important businss people from Norway attends.

After Lunch on Friday Crown Prince Haakon will lead a debate on the use of celebrities in international aid work, among the other participants is Michael Doglas, Peter Gabriel and head od UNAIDS Peter Pilot.

According to the Palace spokesperson, Haakon will lead the conversation and debate, he will not give a speech. Crown Prince Haakon has earlier been appointed a Young Global Leader and is therefor invited to the conferance

The theme for this conference is "The Creative Imperative" and also how India and china have gotten more influence in the world, the opening speech will be given by Angela Merkler, chancellor of Germany.

Last year Haakon was critisised by Attack Norway for going, because they think its undemocratic and a posh club
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=118894

H.R.H. Crown Prince Haakon of Norway (C) captured before the YGL opening session 'The Art of Leadership: Turning Challenges into Opportunities' at the Annual Meeting 2006 of the World Economic Forum on Schatzalp in Davos, Switzerland, January 24, 2006.
ISIFA

Attachments

• is_11636937.jpg
    is_11636937.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,453
Mette-Marit will not go to Turin, her son is still very young and not to practical to breastfeed out in the snow on a stadium

Yesterday at the WEF there was a session on how celbreites/famous people can help raise money for different good causes or give different causes attention, the discussion was led by Crown Prince Haakon, also present was Queen Rania, Maichael Doglas, Peter Gabriel, Professor in Economy Xavier Sala-i-Martin at Columbia University in New York, Founder for Women for Women International Zainab Saldi, Head of UN developments program Peter Pilot

The press was not allowed to be present and it also not allowed to report on the discussion but some anonymous sources Dagbladet has spoken to says Haakon led the discussion on perfect english and with great athority, he also said he does not wish to be known as a celebrety but as a Role model
http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2006/01/28/456108.html

My note: its very strange with all the secrecy around theese meetings, it does not give the best impression of the forum IMO

I think maybe the events are private without the press is because they want it to be taken seriously. And the taloid press are not interested in serious news. The photograpers also would only want pictures of the stars as in brad and angelina.

Haakon entering his hotel in Davos during the World Economic Froum together with his Aide de Camp

Pic by Terje Bringedal/VG

Attachments

• sdfsdfsdf.jpg
    sdfsdfsdf.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 364
Haakon is my dream man. He seems intelligent, caring not to mention a hottie! MM is a very, very lucky lady.

Opening Session of the Program for the Forum of Young Global Leaders
from John Hope Bryant's Blog

n1dl6q.jpg

28 January 2007

Prince Haakon of Norway talks during an interactive session on the last day of the World Economic Forum 28 January 2007 in Davos. Business and political leaders took to their helicopters and limousines in Davos on Sunday to head home after four days of talks on the global economy, the Middle East and climate change

Pictures
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Haakon looks good! He should trim the beard a little, I think. It's getting kinda shaggy. :)

I like that he's very passionate and involved in this.

Haakon does look good. :) :blush: But isn't he dressed too casually for that meeting. I think he should have tie, but of course I don't know how other guys were dressed. In pictures from 01/28 he had checked dress shirt and striped jacket... maybe not the best idea. But he is good looking and his eyes beautiful.:wub: ;)

I agree with everyone: Haakon looks very handsome these days. :wub:
His smile is just gorgeous!

Haakon is a VERY handsome man, I love the beard. I think he looks better with it then without it, but to me, he is so gorgeous because of who he is and how is handles himself. He seems to know exactly what his role is and just excels at it. I am not really talking about his "royal" role but his humanitarium role and family role. He is such a great rol model for the next generation of royals who are still "trying" to find themselves. His children are very lucky to have him as a role model, to help guide them through lifes little ups and downs.

I know what you mean Rebafan. Haakon looks better with a beard. Makes him look sexy. Miss Mette-Marit is so lucky. :bunny:

Nice video--did he study in the US? He almost has an American accent.

Rebafan81 said:
Haakon is a VERY handsome man, I love the beard. I think he looks better with it then without it, but to me, he is so gorgeous because of who he is and how is handles himself. He seems to know exactly what his role is and just excels at it. I am not really talking about his "royal" role but his humanitarium role and family role. He is such a great rol model for the next generation of royals who are still "trying" to find themselves. His children are very lucky to have him as a role model, to help guide them through lifes little ups and downs.

Very well said! I think Haakon is very real and genuine in the way he conducts himself. I've never noticed him to have any arrogance about himself. He comes across as just an average guy that tries hard to understand others. Just an average guy that will someday be Norway's king. :rolleyes:

kaffir said:
Nice video--did he study in the US? He almost has an American accent.

I read at wikipedia.com that Haakon went to University of California at Berkley and received a bachelor of arts degree in political science in 1999. I've also noticed after seeing an interview with Martha Louise that her accent also sounds American to me as well.

Last edited:
Rebafan81 said:

:flowers:

I absolutely agree with this. I just watched the video and I love his accent. Just love it. There's just something about English words spoken with a slight accent, no matter what it is, that I love.

wartenberg7 said:
What do I have to do to be able to watch it?!
It´s not working on my computer....:ermm:

All you should do is just click the link, and in that giant white space you see next to the different video clips you can watch, the WMP thing should come up and the video will start. What browser are you using?

According to a press release from the palace CP Haakon will be attending the ten day course "Global Leadership and Public Policy for the 21st Century" at Harvard University, at the Kennedy School, from April 1 to 11. The course is a cooperation between the university and Young Global Leaders.

kongehuset.no - H.K.H. Kronprinsen til Harvard

Crown Prince Haakon visits Davos - January 2010

Crown Prince to Davos

His Royal Highness Crown Prince Haakon attending the annual summit of the World Economic Forum in Davos, January 27th to 31th.

Kongehuset.no

Back
Top Bottom