The Royals and Kirkens Bymisjon (Church City Mission)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purple_platinum

Heir Apparent
City
Jakarta
Country
Indonesia
Crown Prince Haakon today, December 23rd, 2005

from http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=299889

Rusmisbrukere fikk kongelig julegjest

t.gif

Kronprins Haakon tok en pause i juleforberedelsene fredag og besøkte Kirkens bymisjons kafé Møtestedet i Oslo sentrum.

Attachments

• 1135348070.09074.jpg
    1135348070.09074.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 412
The Crown Prince made a visit to a "cafè" for addicts run by the Church where they can get affordable meals, he brought a big basket of christmas goodies carried by his Aide de Campe. Its usual that parts of the Norwegian royals visit the most unfortunate in Oslo in the days before christmas, its not on the official agenda. The Queen has done it for many years. Haakon spent an hour there speaking with users, staff and volounteers, and he got as a gift the book "Room for everyone"

Pic by JOHANNESSEN, SARA
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/article1185414.ece

Attachments

• M_TESTEDET__046430__351342h.jpg
    M_TESTEDET__046430__351342h.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 276
Larzen said:
The Crown Prince made a visit to a "cafè" for addicts run by the Church where they can get affordable meals.

1 more from aftenposten of this 'lille julaften' tradition

Attachments

• M_TESTEDET__1252283_351702g.jpg
    M_TESTEDET__1252283_351702g.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 258
On Saturday Mette-Marit payed a visit to the church missionary center and upon the 100th anniversary of Tøyen church
Kirkens Bymisjon

thanks, She looks perfect.

The pictures are from 2004, the picture is just included in an article saying MEtte-Marit has become board member of the church city mission for the next two years. She will take part on the similar way as the other board members, she will have the right to vote and propose things in the same way the other members have. The church city mission has 1400 employes and a similar amount of volounteers. Mette-Marit was the parton of the TV fundraser to the church city mission in 2004 and has worked closely with the organisation ever since. The article further says she does active volounteer work for the organisation projects
huh.gif
and has also visited the rganisations projects in official capacity as well hosting dinners in Skaugum for staff and users of the projects (the last one just last week) The general secretary is Sturla Stålsett, son of the bishop who married her and Haakon (smal word, and not a cooinsidence IMO) She will take her place in the board from new years

Thanks again, Larzen! You are always impressing me being so well informed and sharing all this with us!

Thanks! She looks very pretty and happy.

I'm glad she is doing some current Church work. :)

Vanesa.

thanks for correction, Larzen. :flowers:

Last edited:
I have missed seeing Haakon and Mette-Marit out together on Royal outings lately, they look great! Thanks for posting the pics.

It' been so wonderful to watch Mette-Marit transform into a confident Crown Princess from her start at her marriage. She appears to enjoy her duties.:flowers:

Nov 13, 2009 - Crown Princess Mette-Marit visits Nadheim - The Church City Mission's centre for women and men with experience of prostitution.

Picture Gallery (ANP)

Thanks Iceflower, I like the way Mette-Marit's visit was low key and no fuss and fancy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom