The new babys godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who do you think will be among the new baby's godparents?

• Prince Nikolaos of Greece

Votes: 11 8.2%
  • Crown Prince/ss Pavlos of Greece

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Edward or Sophie of Wessex

Votes: 38 28.4%
  • Kyril or Rosario of Bulgaria

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Willem-Alexander or Maxima of the Netherlands

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • Constantijn or Laurentien of the Netherlands

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • Morten Andreassen

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Per or Espen Høiby

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • Kristin Høiby Bjørnøy

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • Others, please specify.

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaMinka

Royal Highness
City
Bergen
Country
Norway
Haakon and Mette-Marit's close friends Victoria of Sweden, Fredrik of Denmark and Felipe of Spain is Ingrids godparents... hwo is going to be the next childs godparents (the baby is going to be born in November so i think the chirstening will take place in February)

1. Prince Nikolaus of Greece - A great friend of them
2.Prince Pavlos/Maria-Chantel of Greece - Great friends
3.Prince Edward/Sophie of Wessex - Great friends
4.Prince Kyril/Rosario of Blugaria - Great friends
5.Prince Willem-Alex/Maxima of Holland - Great friends
6.Prince Constantin/Laurentien of Holland - Also great friends
7.Morten Andresen - A very close friend of Mette-Marit
8.Per/Espen Hoiby - MM's brothers
9.Kristin Hoiby Bjornoy - Her sister
10.Others

Can some make a poll? I have no idea how I make that!

Some of my friends was kidding with me that Valentino or Gwenyth Paltrow was likley candidates as they are friends of them...

And BTW here is the poll of Ingrids godparents: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1756

Last edited:
I have created a poll as suggested by LaMinka, it is multiple choice, as the Norwegian royals traditionally have more than two Godparents.

You have about 5 months to vote, and debate the topic- (two months until the birth, and three months after.)

Please be civil in your discussions and remember to read the rules from time to time.

If anybody else wants to have a poll created in a particular forum, the rules give out the way to go about it.

Norwegianne
TRF Super Moderator.

Maybe Constantijn or Laurentien of the Netherlands? Haakon is Countess Eloise's godfather, so maybe he wants to ''return the favour.''

Pavlos or Marie-Chantal are also possibilities, seeing as MM is godmother to their youngest child.

i vote Earl and Countess of Wessex

Sara Boyce

because this is a second baby, i think the godparents will be people close to them. Mette's family makes sense, and their friends Kyril and Rosario might be the chosen ones, or among the chosen ones.

I saw the pictures of Haakon and M-M with Willem Alexander and Maxima of the Netherlands. I believe they're close friends. It would make sense to choose at least W-A as a godfather.

Maybe Martha Louise or Ari. Perhaps Princess Mary as Frederik is Ingrid's godfather.

I also think The Earl and The Countess of Wessex are close friends to Haakon and Mette Marit, maybe they will ask one of Edward or Sophie to be godmother/ godfather to their second baby.

SpiffyBallerina said:
I saw the pictures of Haakon and M-M with Willem Alexander and Maxima of the Netherlands. I believe they're close friends. It would make sense to choose at least W-A as a godfather.

That's cool. I did not know Willem and Maxima were close friends of Haakon and MM. I am not surprised, though.

I voted

Constantijn or Laurentien of the Netherlands

i voted for constantijn and laurentien, w-a and maxima, kyril and rosario or prince(ess) pavlos.

I voted for prince(ess) Pavlos, kyril and Rosario, Kristin Høiby Bjørnøy or Edward and Sophie

I think Haakon and Mette-Marit used a lot of the obvious choices with Ingrid Alexandra. So, my guesses this time: Crown Prince/ss Pavlos of Greece, Willem-Alexander or Maxima, and Other - I really think that either Harald or Sonja will be among the godparents.

I'm not so sure about Mette-Marit's siblings - I felt that her mother being sponsor to Ingrid Alexandra was rather extraordinary.

It might be fun though, if Gwynneth Palthrow would be one of the sponsors ;) Doubtful, but fun.

My vote goes for Maxima and Willem-Alexander, as they are very close friends with Haakon&Mette-Marit

I'm guessing the Countess of Wessex and Princess Maxima will be among the baby's godmothers.

Do you think that a boy will have different godparents than a girl, in the sense of more males than females among them? Ingrid Alexandra had a good mix, but she's the heir to the throne.

The boy will have the following as Godparents im sure
Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
Duke of York
Prince William
Prince Harry
Mette Marits Mother
Cristina of Spain
The Prince and Princess of Orange

we have wait and see who on godparents for royals baby maybe Earl and Countess of Wessex or non-royals because CP couples close to Prince Edward and Sophie very much!

I definitely think either Maxima or WA will be chosen. I dont think they'll choose Laurentien or constantijn as L is godmother Leah Isadora and I get the impression royal families like to "diversify" godparents.

btw, I will be personally offended if Maxima isnt asked to be godmother to Leonor of Spain. it seems so appropriate. Maxima's catholic, she can get to know her godchild by speaking to her in spanish and besides she's fabulous. It's a perfect fit.

pollyemma said:
I definitely think either Maxima or WA will be chosen. I dont think they'll choose Laurentien or constantijn as L is godmother Leah Isadora and I get the impression royal families like to "diversify" godparents.

btw, I will be personally offended if Maxima isnt asked to be godmother to Leonor of Spain. it seems so appropriate. Maxima's catholic, she can get to know her godchild by speaking to her in spanish and besides she's fabulous. It's a perfect fit.

maxima is catholic and she can speak with spanish! since she met letizia at CP Fred and Mary Donaldson's pre-wedding and wedding day they later both become friends you would believe me! but we have wait and see if Letizia would chose her or not

pollyemma said:
Hahaha! Me too! But I think we'll be surely offended there, because I have a strong feeling the spanish will keep it in the family. :)

I voted for Máxima and Alexander too. And for Edward and Sophie. I think it would be nice to see them as godparents to the new norwegian prince!

Hmmm...I dunno about your list...

Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark - He's already godfather to Ingrid Alexandra, they'd probably chose someone else.
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark - Married to Frederik, though...Probably unlikely.
[Duke of York
Prince William
Prince Harry] ---> I think they'd go with the non-British royals...e.g. Swedish, Danish, Belgian, Dutch, etc. royals
Mette Marits Mother --> Already godmother to Ingrid Alexandra. They might chose a sibling?
Cristina of Spain (More likely...)
The Prince and Princess of Orange ---> I'd like to see this. They'd be good godparents.

I think Prince Carl Philip wouldn´t be bad. He is in a similar situation as the little prince (elder sister becoming queen, Scandinavian protestant Royal house, close family bonds...his father is godfather of Haakon)
The only thing is, that he isn´t in their stage of life as e.g. the prince of Orange (who also has two little children) is. So I guess, when they don´t choose many godparents, Carl Philip won´t be among them.

I voted on: Rosario or Kyril, Sophie or Edward and Maxima or Willem-Alexander

And I also think Queen Sonja as godmother of Sverre Magnus!:)

King Harald V Of Norway
Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands
Princess Theodora of Greece
Prince Carl - Philip of Sweden

Queen Sonja
Crown Prince Willem Alexander
Mette-Marit's Sister
Countess of Wessex
Princess Madeleine (long shot.. but close tie with swedish? i can only hope..)

maybe all the Bernadotte children Carl-Philip, Madeleine and Victoria

Royal Fan said:
maybe all the Bernadotte children Carl-Philip, Madeleine and Victoria
Victoria is godmother to Ingrid.. but CP had been great!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom