The Crown Princely Couple's Humanitarian Fund

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crown couple fights HIV/AIDS
A humanitarian fund set up by Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit awarded NOK 500,000 (about USD 92,000) on Wednesday to a group that helps HIV-positive children in Nicaragua.

Article in English about the event from Aftenposten - Crown couple fights HIV/AIDS - Aftenposten.no

kongehuset.no - Tilbake til fremtiden

NyVri.org

http://www.vg.no/rampelys/artikkel.php?artid=571583

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit humanitarian fond has released a competition for children between the ages 14-16. The competition is called "Tilbake til fremtiden" - back to the future. They want children to talk to their grandparents or other elders in their society, and have them tell a story important to their life, so that the children can retell the story in their own way.

The people who participate can tell the story through text, pictures, drawings, painting, video, animation or other creative, but cannot use copyrighted material.

The purpose is to stimulate contact between different generations.

Translatetion of the VG article:

Crown Princess Mette-Marit: We’ve had the idea of a competition for some time now. We’ve met so many great people; young and old around the country, but we have also seen the need for a meeting place and increased contact between people of different generations.

Crown Prince Haakon: The assignment is to talk to person older than you and for example ask ”is there a special occurrence that changed your life?” or ” based on your life experience, what do you wish to teach young people?” And then the young can ask themselves: ”What can I learn from that?”

He thinks that meetings between younger and older can be both fun and informative, and give good contributions to the competition.

The Crown Prince couple think it’s an exaggeration that young people only care about themselves and their own.

The Crown Prince: Many young have high demands for themselves, and they care about others, how they are, and I think they want to know about happenings that have lead to great changes in their grandparents’ generation.

I had a grandfather who lived in USA and Britain during the war, but my maternal grandmother could tell me how it was living in Norway during that time.

It was good for me to hear her story. To learn to different stories about the same time, gives one a perspective. She was an important person for us in every day life.

The grandparents of the Crown Princess died young.

The Crown Princess: But I had good contact with a very kind, older neighbour lady who has meant a lot for me.

The Crown Prince couple have shared their own contribution in their own video, where they talk about meetings between generations have meant for them. Crown Prince Haakon talks about, among other things, questions he would have wanted to ask his grandfather, King Olav, who died when he was 17.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit tells a story about an older Englishman she met as a young girl at an airport in Singapore, and about what his story and life have meant for her. They sat reading the same book, and that is how contact was established.

The Crown Princess: That meeting has stayed with me since.

They are now also on Twitter, well not them, but on their behalf

Det kongelige hoff (Kronprinsparet) on Twitter

I think this is great :) Love the new webpage, and hopefully they will have many children participating.

Last edited:
Statement of the Crown Prince Couple on the ocasion of the Campaing Back to the Future.
Maybe some Noriegan speaker can tell us what they said.

kongehuset.no - Videoarkiv

When the Crown Prince Couple visited Bergtun, they meet with some children who want to participate in the Program Back to the Feature. The Prince and the Princess tell then the propouse of the competition.
Here is a video of the meeting:

kongehuset.no - Bidrag til konkurransen

Last edited:
Pics 27.8.2009

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway is seen attending
the Crown Prince and Crown Princess Humanitarian Fund
awards in Oslo, Norway, August 27, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Today Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess visited youth project "Be proud" of Holmlia in Oslo. CP Mette-Marit inaugurated it August 27. The project "Be proud" works to strengthen youth's self-esteem and confidence, and to promote understanding of integration and cohesion in society.
Articles here:
Kronprinsparet til Holmlia i dag
http://www.fvn.no/nyheter/innenriks/article702053.ece
http://www.siste.no/Innenriks/article4591428.ece

http://i29.tinypic.com/4lsor9.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/mjs7kz.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/zlxd79.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/ztd8k0.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/25qwuhj.jpg

ANP

Last edited:
The winners of the "Back to the future" were named today:
The jury has gone through the submitted entries and voted the following winners:
Jarand Berg Hjukse, for the "Room No 13"
Åse May Lisle Farm, for the "Memories, Life archive"
Olav Fangel Jamtveit, for the "Oves life".

The crown prince and princess will meet the winners October 29 in the audience.

kongehuset.no - Tilbake til fremtiden

Yesterday during a board metting of the Couple's Humanitarian fund, a new board was appointend.

Google Traductor

Grants from the Fund for 2010
The board of Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit’s Humanitarian Fund has decided to give support to a youth venture initiative organised as a joint effort between the Strømme Foundation and the Norwegian Mission Alliance.

Grants from the Fund will be awarded directly to two projects under the initiative: the Strømme Foundation’ Shonglap programme and the Norwegian Mission Alliance’s Jóvenes emprendedores project.

The award ceremony will take place on Monday, 30 August 2010, in connection with a seminar on microfinance and youth entrepreneurship at the University of Agder in Kristiansand.

More Info:
kongehuset.no - Grants from the Fund for 2010

Today, August 30, this year's awards ceremony has taken place in presence
of Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Crown Prince Haakon in Kristiansand.

** Pic **

** kongehuset.no: Fondsmidler delt ut i dag **

** fvn.no: Tjente sine første kroner på jordbær **

Two more photos:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ed7KEPTG8bU/THvLdXfE89I/AAAAAAAABeE/EV-kHGD3sBs/s640/Scale+(1).jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Ed7KEPTG8bU/THvLl1stj9I/AAAAAAAABeI/5Eo72y9DUT0/s640/Scale.jpg

The Crown Prince Couple will release a Christmas album to raise money for disadvantaged young people.
The Christmas album will be called "We light our lamps" and will be released in November. It was the Crown Prince Couple who approached Universal Music with the idea of ​​a Christmas album under the auspices of the Crown Prince Couple's Fund. The target group is young people who for whatever reason fall outside the system during the transition to adulthood. For this reason, the royal couple strongly desired that younger Norwegian artists will be represented on the album.
Kronprinsparet gir ut juleplate til inntekt for vanskeligstilt ungdom - VG Nett om Kronprinsparet
Google Translation

The Crown Prince Couple will release a Christmas album to raise money for disadvantaged young people.
The Christmas album will be called "We light our lamps" and will be released in November. It was the Crown Prince Couple who approached Universal Music with the idea of ​​a Christmas album under the auspices of the Crown Prince Couple's Fund. The target group is young people who for whatever reason fall outside the system during the transition to adulthood. For this reason, the royal couple strongly desired that younger Norwegian artists will be represented on the album.
Kronprinsparet gir ut juleplate til inntekt for vanskeligstilt ungdom - VG Nett om Kronprinsparet
Google Translation

The album "Vi tenner våre lykter" (We light our lamps) will be released on Monday November 14, 2011. Young Norwegian artists perform both traditional carols and newly written songs. The artists participating are: Ida Jenshus, Gunhild Sundli, Thomas Dybdahl, Moddi, Samsaya, Marit Larsen & Garness, Ingrid Olava, Katzenjammer, Stein Torleif Bjella and Vinni.
Nå kommer juleplaten | Kronprinsparets Fond
Google Translation

http://kjorforlivet.no/sistenytt/kronprinsparet-lyser-opp
Google Translation

Last edited:
King Harald and Queen Sonja have invited 200 young people from the four projects the Crown Prince Couple's Fund works with to a Christmas concert in the Great Hall of the Royal Palace, December 15. The artists are the same who participated in the Christmas album "We light our lanterns"
The concert will be aired on NRK 1 on Saturday December 17.

Yesterday (November 30) Hibba Mohammed Hassan and Daniel from Arbeidsinstituttet Buskerud gave a foretaste of the concert and told about the work being done on Arbeidsinstituttet. They were welcomed at the Palace by the Queen and the Crown Prince Couple to a little 'pre-concert' with the young artists Gunhild Sundsli and Samsaya.
Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3 - Picture 4 - Picture 5 - Picture 6 - Picture 7 - Picture 8

kongehuset.no - "Jul på Slottet"
Google Translation

Julekonsert på Slottet | Kronprinsparets Fond
Google Translation

Last edited:
Does anyone know where to get a copy of the new Christmas CD here in the US? I can't find it on iTunes, though the universal music site says it will be available in electronic formats.

Does anyone know where to get a copy of the new Christmas CD here in the US? I can't find it on iTunes, though the universal music site says it will be available in electronic formats.

My guess is that it is only available in the Norwegian iTunes shop? iTunes - Music - Vi tenner våre lykter by Various Artists I looked around but could only find a site where you can buy the CD in Europe but not in the US, I'm sorry. Maybe somebody else was successful?

2 videos from the event in the Royal Palace two days ago
VGTV about CP Haakon playing the guitar and the organisation of the concert
VGTV two young singers perform in the castle

Songs from the album can be heard on youtube from when they recorded the songs. They are linked from the facebook-pages of the humanitarian fond of the Crown Prince and Crown Princess. You need to make sure you are on their wall; vegg in Norwegian and then just scroll down till you find the video you want to see.

Kronprinsparets Fond - Wall | Facebook

UniversalMusicNorge's Channel - YouTube

I know the album is available through spotify.

The artists participating in the Christmas concert, which takes place tonight, were previously invited to dinner with the Crown Prince couple at Skaugum.
Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3 - Picture 4 - Picture 5
Photo album: kongehuset.no - Photo album for the press
You can see a HQ version of each pic by clicking the "Download" button on the right.

Christmas concert tonight in the Royal Palace with 200 young guests (aired on NRK on Saturday December 17). King Harald and Queen Sonja attended as well.
Picture

article: Julemusikk på Slottet | siste.no
Google Translation

Princess Märtha Louise, Marius Borg Høiby and Princess Ingrid Alexandra attended as well!! :)
very nice picture of the Royals,
Queen Sonja and Ingrid Alexandra picture

http://www.kongehuset.no/c26939/nyhet/vis.html?tid=95941
Google Translation

VIDEO: http://video.no.msn.com/watch/video/julekonsert-pa-slottet/pup09qu9

Last edited by a moderator:
The fourth picture shows Haakon as dreamman. If I weren't married,...., awww.

Very beautiful pictures!

The fourth picture shows Haakon as dreamman. If I weren't married,...., awww.
Very beautiful pictures!

Agreed! IMO the best looking CP in europe. And MM is, like King Harald recently put it, "both beautiful from in- and outside"!

Very good iniciative. I love Christmas concerts :reindeer:

The photos are wonderful. The phototographer is really talented. And that one of Haakon as a dreamman. If he looked at me that way, I would just feel :butterfly::butterfly::butterfly: in my stomach and melt down straight away....

Two questions about this PIC:
1. Who is it in the portrait? Crown princess Martha?
2. Did anyone notice that that guy close to Mette-Marit is wearing no shoes? I know norwegians take their shoes off when inside, but in the palace with the princes? He seems to take traditions very seriously:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Judging by that and is wool sweater (that i love btw) I guess he must be a typical norwegian

Last, I'm curious about the girl with that thing in the eye. Any special reason to use that?

Yes, this is CP Märtha!
Now that you mentioned it I perceived the guy without shoes... Well, may be he wants to be "cool" and demonstrating that he´s relaxed even in royal circles (OMG!)....

Have I tomatoes in my eyes? I see nowhere Princess Märtha Louise.

^^ Princess Martha Louise attended only the concert. You can see her in this PIC

The one I and wartenberg7 were talking about is the PORTRAIT of that lady PIC It's late Crown Princess Martha of Norway, King Harald's mother

Back
Top Bottom