The CP Couple visits to the County of Møre go Romsdal: May 24-26, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a great county visit this has been! Here's links to some great photos from today, including from the mountain hike which both children also attended.

KRONPRINS HAAKON - Kidsa kuppet fylkesturen - Side2 Article with pictures from the mountain hike. Both children was there as well.

Kronprinsfamilien i toppform etter fylkestur - Nyheter fra Sunnmørsposten - Nordvestlandets største avis More of the hike.

My translation of what the press says:

Crown Princess Mette-Marit says it has been wonderful to experience this with the children. They’ve told their stab that they are very pleased, and hope to do so again. Crown Prince Haakon says that this particular county trip fit best regarding having the children along. County trips are usually very full of different activities in many different places in a short period of time. It was different this time since the distance between each place was quite long, giving them longer periods of time onboard the ship.

The Crown Princess: “We’re a special family, and they (the children, my note) will grow up in a special situation. It’s good that they know and are aware of that from a young age.

The Crown Prince: We don’t always have the opportunity to bring them with us when we work, but it was easier when we knew we had more time than usual on the ship. This is a natural and good way (to introduce them to this life), and it is not a whole lot they attend.”

The Crown Princess: “It has meant a lot to us.” She also says they will not bring the children abroad to official events where they work from early morning to late night. “The children have had some great experiences.”

Princess Ingrid Alexandra shyly told the press it has been fun being along with her parents for the trip, saying it has been nice and good. She also offered to watch her brother when the Crown Princess told him to slow down and not run so fast up on the mountain, and to bring an adult with him. I am sure the young Princess felt up to the task!

The Princess walked ahead of the others up the mountain, stopped to wait and when the others arrived some minutes later she deftly climbed further up, sat down and started playing with some rocks (varder). (like these: Google Bilder-resultat for http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hVqrTJSUs8w/TJ5XUuYccNI/AAAAAAAAAyE/OLgRvLuRpRs/s1600/IMG_3208.JPG

The young Prince is full of energy and doesn’t seem fazed or mindful of the dangerous drops off the mountain side, even when both his parents continued to tell him to watch himself.

Many pictures can be found at these two links: BILDER: Her besøker kronprinsparet Molde - Rbnett

BILDER: Besøket i Rauma - Rbnett Mountain hike. Many people joined them, school children, adults and of course the press!

More: http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/more_og_romsdal/1.8159793

http://www.siste.no/Innenriks/article6078208.ece

Last edited:
It is so wonderful to see the children so often, and the love in this family is obvious !

I would like to ask, why is so important, that the CP couple (or other royals) visit a region in Norway? What is the reason to visit a city or a factory... I think don't they choose the places what they visit... Do they want make more attention for them? Or are they really interessed on these regions, peoples etc.? Or only they are paid for it so they have to go...?

Why would they not want to visit all regions of a nation they will one day reign over? The purpose of monarchy is to form a connection with your people which you cannot do if you never leave the capital.

I would like to ask, why is so important, that the CP couple (or other royals) visit a region in Norway? What is the reason to visit a city or a factory... I think don't they choose the places what they visit... Do they want make more attention for them? Or are they really interessed on these regions, peoples etc.? Or only they are paid for it so they have to go...?

The King and Queen as well the Crown Prince couple goes to yearly county visits to different parts of Norway. It is important for the King and coming King to know their country and their people.

The visits are popular among the public, and one can see from pictures and videos from this visit people of all ages show up to get a glimpse of the royals, to show support and to maybe exchange a few words.
It’s a way for counties and businesses to show off and get attention as well. All in all it’s a mix bag of business, culture, nature, people-meeting and photo opportunities for the press.

Visits are planned quite a long time a head, this one was supposed to take place last year but was delayed because of the terrorist attacks in Oslo and Utøya last year. And of course the royals have a say in where they are to go. It’s not like this is decided for them by politicians or something, though that can happen on other occasions. I would think they get invites to counties and along with their stab they plan out where to go this year and which of the couples go where. It is of course important with a variation, that they visit so many different places as possible and reach all the country. Of course this is done my regular representation as well, which takes them all around the country for shorter visits.

kongehuset.no - County Visits

During theese visits they often visit smaller places and towns in Norway. Most big conferences and state events which they take part in is in Oslo or the bigger cities, but its also important to see the smaller places, not just the big towns, and meet the people who live there. Norway has 429 municipalities, so there are many places left to visit:whistling:Dont think even the King has visited them all yet.

Thanks for the answers. We haven't got royalty... I had to know what is the deeper reason for these visits, because it seems they have only fun and light jobs, watch different programmes... So nothing serious, but maybe the more important works are in the background. I can't imagine, how big is their authority in different decisions, Norway isn't a absolute monarchy, but the royalty aren't "marionette figures"?

Thanks for the answers. We haven't got royalty... I had to know what is the deeper reason for these visits, because it seems they have only fun and light jobs, watch different programmes... So nothing serious, but maybe the more important works are in the background. I can't imagine, how big is their authority in different decisions, Norway isn't a absolute monarchy, but the royalty aren't "marionette figures"?

The Royal Family in Norway has little real political power, but fills an important symbolic function as the Head of State and official representative of Norwegian society and industry. The monarchy also plays a crucial unifying role that becomes particularly evident in times of national crisis. This was clearly demonstrated during WWII, when King Haakon VII, who opposed the Nazi invasion of Norway in 1940, fled Norway to work against the occupation from exile in London.
Furthermore the RF represents a link to the national history and gives a sense of continuity.I believe their work contains just as many enjoyable parts (like visiting the different counties,attending lavish parties etc.) as serious,challenging meetings and discussions that require deep understanding,research and study.

The Royal Family in Norway has little real political power, but fills an important symbolic function as the Head of State and official representative of Norwegian society and industry. The monarchy also plays a crucial unifying role that becomes particularly evident in times of national crisis. This was clearly demonstrated during WWII, when King Haakon VII, who opposed the Nazi invasion of Norway in 1940, fled Norway to work against the occupation from exile in London.
Furthermore the RF represents a link to the national history and gives a sense of continuity.I believe their work contains just as many enjoyable parts (like visiting the different counties,attending lavish parties etc.) as serious,challenging meetings and discussions that require deep understanding,research and study.

Thanks the answer. :flowers:

Gosh, what beautiful scenery and what beautiful pictures. I love this couple and their children and it´s so great to see them together doing a tour and meeting many obsviously delighted citizens.
Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre are gorgeous. And their parents dress them so well and fitting to each occasion.
Congratulations to Norway for their Royal Family.

Back
Top Bottom