Sverre Magnus' title?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you think it was right not to give Prince Sverre Magnus the style of HRH?

• 1) Yes, it is better for him to be 'just' 'prince'

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • 2) Yes, but Sverre Magnus should have another courtesy style, like HH instead

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • 3) No, Sverre Magnus should be granted the style HRH, as it is a tradition

Votes: 46 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

norwegianne

Majesty
City
Rogaland
Country
Norway
As suggested by Catharina, a poll regarding HM the King's recent decision regarding Prince Sverre Magnus' style/title.

"Do you think the king made a right choice in deciding not to make prince Sverre Magnus His Royal Highness?"

Last edited:
I think Sverre Magnus should be a HRH, just like other European princes and princesses in his position. He's the son of the future King! But then again I totally understand King Olav's concern that he wants to keep the RF small... and eventually it's he who decides what's going to happen! :rolleyes:

Maxie said:
I think Sverre Magnus should be a HRH, just like other European princes and princesses in his position. He's the son of the future King! But then again I totally understand King Olav's concern that he wants to keep the RF small... and eventually it's he who decides what's going to happen! :rolleyes:
I agree with you..;)

Maybe the Crown Prince will give his sun the style of HRH if he becomes King

I personally think that it was strange to not style the new prince as HRH since the Norwegian royal family is quite small and because there is no nobility in Norway. Also, many people seem to think that the royal family is changing too many traditions thus making themselves too ordinary and perhaps making way for the abolishment of monarchy.

Perhaps the best choice would have been to style the new prince His Highness and let him choose for himself later. I also do think that women should not be forced to give up their title when they marry.

i vote says Yes, it is better for him to be 'just' 'prince' but i understood why HM King's decide for his grandson's title i dont blame him because he is head of state

So what happens if Crown Princess Ingrid Alexandra very later on can't or doesn't want to become Queen and gives it up, will they have to title Sverre Mangus? It seems more practical to me just to both give them titles so if one cuts out then they have a backup.:confused:

I voted in the wrong selection :eek: . I clicked on # 2 before I read #3.
Oh, well.

I Think he will get HRH When
1 He is Christened
2. He turns 18
3. he turns 21
4 His father comes to the throne and gives him the HRH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom